Home

Glove of Darth Vader Series [Spoilers] (maybe)

urluckyday

Anyone who was a star wars fan ever since they were five should have read this series of books (The Glove of Darth Vader series). I mean, even though it is written in a very kid-like manner, it still has a very compelling story. It's great how the story takes its twists and turns. It may not completely fit into the story correctly now that the prequels are out, but it still has a great storyline that has returning characters and some new (but cool) characters. Go pick these books up. (Plus they are very cheap, and there are only 6 books, so you won't have to fork over your life savings.)

(I think these books were released somewhere around 1997-98? Don't remember right now)

Feel free to leave any comments.

Was Revenge of Zorba the Hutt in that series as well or is this series you're talking about involving Anakin at the Jedi Academy. If so, I read only that one when I was little. Had to be one of my first EU experiences save for the juvenile SotE one.

I read the series a long time ago when I was six, but I forgot everything except the fact that it had something to do with the glove of darth vader. Who was "Trioculus" anyway. His name sounds like he has 3 eyes but thats about it, was he a jedi or something?

Indeed, Trioculus does have a third eye, which is stated to be a mutation that gives him hypnotic powers. He claimed he was the emperors long lost son, but was actually not. The Emperors true long lost son was "Triclops" !! If you really want to read more about this crap story go here

CUSWE Entry

mtfbwya

Ok, let me clear up some misconceptions. Yes, Zorba the Hutt was indeed in this series. And the main theme was that, since the Emperor was dead, the galaxy needed a new leader. It was said whoever found the (Indestructable) glove of Darth Vader would become the new emperor (Mind you this is the rememnants of the Imperials who said this). Now, Trioculous ended finding the glove, so he became the emperor. The story then takes a strange twist, and we find out that the old emperor had a son that was kept totally secret.

Ok, so it's a very interesting thing to say, but it really was cool to see that someone actually took the story in that direction. It may be very juvenille, but I am still a big fan of these stories.

as of know, I am extremely worried for your health and safety

Wow, thanks for having an open mind. Just because I like something nostalgic, doesn't mean it is the best by any stretch. I agree that some moments in these books are...unusual, but I also think it was a great read for someone who was 7 when they got them.

Archived