Home

Question about SW: Battlefront (NOT Battlefront II)

Trumpetstud

Will it run on this system?

AMD Athlon Processor

950 MHz

384MB RAM

128MB video memory (G-Force MX 5000 or whatever you call it)

SoundBlaster Sound Card 128MB memory (?)

I'm thinking about buying the game, but I'm not sure how it will run on my system. Will I just have to set the detail settings a bit lower? Also, are the servers playing the stock version of the game mostly, or is it mostly people testing out weird modifications and emotes like in Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy? I want a game where I can actually FIGHT!!! No flames please. I'm new here. Thanks!

Hmmm.... *rubs chin thoughtfully as if he actually knows what he's doing*

Your coming up short on a few areas. You need at least a 1000mhz Athlon so you just barely miss the cut there. Also the MX series of Nvidia geforce graphics cards are not supported so your won't work. Aside from that your system seems to be compatible (if your sound card is compatible with DirectX9.0c that is.

And most servers (few as they may be) play the stock version of the game. Sometimes there are custom maps on servers but they aren't really Mods.

Thanks for the quick reply! Do you mean that my video card won't work? Or that it just wasn't tested with the game? I really want to play this game, but don't have the money to spend on a new video card. Just out of curiosity, though, which ones ARE supported? Thanks!

Download and install the demo. If it works, the game should work. If it doesn't work, just uninstall it, no money wasted. You will have to have lower graphics settings. Some of the bigger maps, and the maps with forests will most likely be slow.

Archived