Home

JA Darth Vader Team Skins

Kurgan

Okay, the latest VaderVM is really really good, but I'm horrified by the "team skins" it includes.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only differences are the color of the Imperial symbol glued to the back of his cape and front chest plate. That's really ugly...

What I think would really be good (and easy) would be to have the Vader skins in Team games simply be Vader in dark blue or dark red armor. It would actually look cool and be easy to distinguish.

JK2 had some Vader skins that colored PARTS of the armor red/blue. When Raven made their team variants they tended to do one of two things: color the CLOTHING of the character in question with red/blue (ie: don't change their skin color; examples are Kyle Katarn, Stormtrooper, etc) or portions of their clothing (see the Snowtrooper, Imperial Officer, etc). However with the Twi'Lek you are red/blue so it's not unprecedented. Anyway, I think colored armor would look much better than a stamped image (it's not even the right symbol since in CTF/TFFA the Red team is "Rebels").

Any takers? If I had the time I'd whip up a team variant myself and release it, but I really don't. Not at this time...

Many great Star Wars skins have been created for JA, but when it comes to Team Skins a lot of them are rather lacking I think.

Archived