Home

The Ancients Strike Back!

((Sorry guys I've been preocupied and I kinda spaced. I'm really sorry.))

Sourin smiled slightly at her threats. He knew she was serious and he knew that he was in grave danger but part of him simply wanted to laugh. He contemplated this thought and shook it out of his head. Death would not meet him this day. He observed the droid bringing the food and levitated the plate over to the bench next to him. He stood tall and scanned her before opening his mouth.

"Well firstly, you should know that I am not just a Jedi. I am a council member. I am here under my own will, there is a greater evil than you in this galaxy. I intend to destroy it. "The enemy of my enemy is my ally."

He smirked slightly as he quoted the old phrase. He looked at her mask and cowl, curious of what she looked like but not so much where he would risk his neck for it.

"I have some information on the Ark which you may be interested in. Before his departure to the Dark Side Revan and I were associates. Nay we were...dare I say friends. He had gone to Korriban and had found...something. I believe it may be information on this Ark. I am here to stop Darth Exuro. Nothing else. You are strong and I cannot deny it. Nor can I guarentee victory against you even in my utmost powerful state. I respect that, but I also know when an adversary has more to gain by my help, than my destruction. So I ask you to strike an accord with me, a Jedi Council member, a Jedi Master. To align with one who has tasted darkness and yet still walks with the light. To if nothing else to destroy a darkness even one such as yourself could not contain."

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kira tensed. A combination of strange energies echoed through this area. Part of the energies excited her, but another part made her uneasy.

"Be prepared for an attack from any angle," she said. "Surround me, facing out. I'm going to try and figure this out. If we're attacked, protect me until I stand up. Got it?"

She dropped to her knees. The Dark Jedi formed the first circle around her and the soldiers formed a second circle. And Kira began trying to sort out the conflicting energies of the area.

The soldiers fell quickly. The Dark Jedi did not fall so quickly, but they too fell. Kira was left unprotected and quickly realized it. She leapt upward with all the power she could muster, taking herself up and over the attackers. Having lost her defenders, she ran as quickly as she could away from the area and stopped in a clearing five miles away. From there, she tried to contact Nalaen, but there was some kind of interference on the planet.

Alone on a strange planet without help, Kira let out an angry string of curses directed at the planet and her unknown attackers.

"True," Kira agreed. "I am Sith and not with Exuro. Darth Taiasi is my master." She chuckled. "I agree... Exuro is a fool..." She paused. "And in answer to your question, my master is curious about the Ark of the Force. I have been sent to investigate... ancient writings indicated we might find at least a piece of the Ark here."

Kira laughed. "And I suppose if I try, I'm dead, yes?" Without waiting for an answer, she headed out of the clearing and toward her shuttle. She called over her shoulder, "Then I suppose I should simply leave. And that, I will do."

((Was hoping to be taken as a prisoner, but whatever...))

Nalaen was ready to lash out at his insolence. Laugh at her, would he?! But she calmed herself with some struggle, needing to hear his words before she cut him down. And when she heard him speak, his words gave her pause. He did, by the Ancestors, have a point. They had the same enemy, and unlike the other Jedi, he wasn't threatening her with death after they dealt with him.

But could she, dare she, ally with a Jedi? Even she couldn't stop the shudder coursing through her. His speech didn't improve things either. She was devoted to truth, to wiping out the hypocrasy of the Jedi, of their "order", yet now she might have to aid one to aid herself?

"To have walked darkness yet still walk the light," she murmured, as she gazed humoured at him, baiting him, "must mean you are weak indeed. To frightened of some power, poor Jedi? Or too ensnared by the lies of your Order?" She held up her hand before he could reply, silencing him. "To ally with a Jedi will make many of my people angry. Angry enough to do to me as I have done to Exuro." She paused and began pacing, her brow furrowing. "However . . . we do have a common enemy. And to have us both attacking him seperately could lead to militaristic complications. Not to mention the first tenant of battle is to divide and conquer. To have pre-divided enemies would be a boon to Exuro." She whipped around to snarl at her "guest". "A boon I would loath him to gain." Holding out her hand warily, she studied him with as careful an eye. "You have your accord, Jedi. But know this: if I have even the suspicion of you tricking the Sith, or of you betraying us or withdrawing from this agreement before the alotted time; Exuro's death; I will order your death. Without hesitation. Do I make myself clear?" she finished in a hiss, eyes glinting. Studying him with suddenly aloof airs, she lifted a brow he couldn't see. "Now eat. I cannot have those I fight with weakened from hunger."

Nate walked out of the officer's lounge, grinning widely. He had won most of the credits back, kept his weapon and managed to win a couple of one of those idiots' lgihtsabers. He walked around, looking for Nalaen.

====

As Kira's vision cleared she could see several figures standing above her.

"Cuff 'er." Said the one who seemed to be the leader. They obeyed, putting stun-cuffs on her.

"What level?" Asked one.

"Far as it goes."

The other soldier nodded, and turned the level up, Kira was now completely paralyzed.

The people carrying her laughed.

"She's got quite the mouth on her." One said. They were carful to carry her face-down, so she could only see the fog hovering over the ground. They carried her through the swamp until abruptly the fog suddenly disappeared, revealing a wooden floor. They set her down in an empty room, and left, locking the doors behind them.

The doors suddenly opened and the man in black walked in. He smelled strongly of sulfur and his presence managed to outshadow everything on Dagobah, but unlike normal beings, he was like a shadow in the force, only a presence, not a being. A presence that seemed to be only infinite darkness.

The man spoke, Kira could recognize his voice as the same one that had been talking to her in the clearing.

"You disappoint me, immediately trying to run away like that. I thought you had said you weren't going to run anymore."

Archived