Home

The Ancients Strike Back!

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok,Jason is the PC,Kate is NPC,HK-55 is Jason's bodyguard droid and T3-7G is Kate's utility droid.

The Soaring Hawk reaches the atmosphere of Coruscant,and docks nearby the Jedi Temple.Jason and Kate got out,and rushed to the Jedi Temple to get their mission from Jedi General and Member of the Jedi Council,Master Zaroke.

Natalie: Your training is almost complete, my Pupil.

Ryan: Good, as the faster the better. I'm sick and tired of "Pupil".

RN-01: Query: Master, may i ask you to tell your pet to stop attacking me?

Ryan: He just wants to play. Isn't it Junior.

Junior: Gah. :D

Natalie: I still think that when your boga grows up you'll have to return him to Dxun.

Ryan: I'll handle myself.

If you didn't know where to look, it always seemed the same. It was sometimes even difficult to tell how fast you were travelling. Or how slow. She oft gazed up into the sky, and now, she did the same, though while travelling through it. Nalaen's eyes were focused on some distant point in space, standing in the observation deck of her cruiser. How had it come to this? Her arms folded over her chest as her eyes hardened, the only thing visible now. She covered her face to increase her ability to intimidate; only her piercing, mirthless eyes glowered into the souls of others. Very few she led now saw her for what she was, had always been. A loyal servant of the Sith. Now they saw her as a scary, merciless leader. As they needed to.

The split. That had been hell. Some damned prophesy or another. And though she believed in prophesy, believed in the might of the Sith, she didn't think uprooting everyone to go searching for something that was a rumour was the most genius idea. Fighting her loyalties that had been born into her, fighting the loyalties she had to not only the Sith, but the Dark Lord, her master, she had split. Become a rogue amongst rogues. It really was hell, but it was necessary.

Some damned ark. That's what he was searching for. And now it was leading to yet another all-out war with the Sith. Her fledgling side trying desperately to show the true path: the Sith themselves were the might, the power. There was no need for an artifact to bestow power. To her, this ark was most likely a metaphore; and if not, some ancient item that had long since disappeared. The Dark Lord was on a search for some dust and a few crumbling bits of wood. Pitiful. The strongest man, the greatest warrior, now nothing, because of a rumour.

"Kira," Nalaen said slowly as the stars moved slowly past the ship, "come." Her eyes narrowed even further, not bothering to wait for acknowledgement or anyone telling her that Kira had arrived. She didn't need them to. She was now the Dark Lord of the Sith. Something she had never expected, especially to come like this. She was Darth Taiasi, Lord of her people. And master to her new apprentice. That thought almost made her laugh, but she knew better. Kira was the only one who knew her outside of this new role. They had known each other for a long while, it seemed.

Me, she thought, the Master. I always thought I'd be the one serving . . . It was an interesting change. Her head perked up suddenly with the presence that had entered silently.

"Information, Kira," she said, without turning to face her apprentice. "I need to know what that fool of an ex-Sith Lord is doing."

Exuro Followed The ssith teachings since he turned to the darkside along the sides of Revan and Malak. At the time he had no willingness to become a sith Lord he was happy to serve Revan and then Malak until his time came. Which did when Revan slayn malak on the star forge, That was two years ago. Exuro was always poerful so he went almost unchalanged for his new role as the Dark lord of the sith, all those who did he sent his old apprentise to kill them. Now his apprentice was the one who opposed him taking a fraction of his army with her, but this did not concern him much the only thing that did was 'The Ark of the Force'. Exuro sent his Dark Jedi all over the Galaxy Searching for it, in the hope it would grant him so much power that not even all the Jedi that ever lived could Rival.

The new threat of the previously dormant rakata forces however did cause him much concern. The Rakata were attacking everything in order to take control of their former terrortorries. It was only a matter of time before they'd attack Korriban.

"captain, Set a cource for korriban." Exuro commanded

"Last we heard, he was preparing for a trip to Korriban," Kira answered. She chuckled. "Still hasn't given up looking for that Ark..."

She fell silent for a moment. "Times have changed, Lady Taiasi." She smiled. "If you ask me, times have changed for the better. Since the days I first learned of the despised Jedi who was willing to sacrifice herself to save me, you have proven yourself a very capable leader."

"I couldn't agree more," Teri cut in. Kira chuckled.

"Sorry," she told Nalaen. "I know you don't much like it when I let her speak."

She scowled, her back still to Kira, and waved her hand in the air. The men on deck stiffened, saluted and marched out. They knew their place, they knew the signals. After all, they were always watching for them. An angry Sith Lord is not to be trifled with. Hell, even spoken to.

"I let a lot slide with you, Kira," Nalaen said softly, allowing the cloth covering her face to fall. "After all, we have been through so much." Smirking, she turned to face her apprentice. She was, after all, the only one allowed to call her "Lady". Any of her men to do so would taste sabre. And Nalaen also tolerated the Jedi presence. She so loathed it, but . . . could withstand the other side of Kira. Only time had afforded her that luxury.

Toeing over to Kira, she studied the other woman for a moment; then her eyes glinted. "At least your Jedi half has the wits to not insult a Sith Lord." She pulled the cloth back up over her tattooed face, eyes becoming cold. The time for friendly banter was over. "Come," she hissed, marching swiftly out of the gallery, robe flowing behind her. It was time to go on the bridge, and give the command. They would head to Korriban.

As she marched through the corridors, she barked out orders at Kira and the few men who she waved over to do her bidding. "Get the word out; I want the rest of my ships ready for the attack. Hail them now, make sure they're at battlestations." Blasting the elevator down the hall with the Force, the doors opened just as they arrived. "Get the Admiral on bridge. I need an attack strategy formulating before I get there. I want to hit Exuro fast and get out of range before he can react. Damage is meaningless right now." Her fist curled into a ball as her eyes blazed. "I just want to demonstrate my power. That we will not mess around. Either he submits, or he will taste the full wrath of true Sith power!" She winced as the lights in the elevator blinked. An old master had always warned her that her unrestrained power unleashed at an unopportune time would be her undoing. Last thing she needed was to plummet down an elevator shaft. Or blow an engine or something.

Turning to her apprentice, she took a slow, deep breath. Her eyes went somewhat weary. Blinking, she resumed her brutal façade. "Get what you can on Exuro's fleet. I need numbers. Lots of numbers." A hint of humour flickered over her visible face. The elevator stopped with a gentle jerk and the doors slid silently open. Nalaen stepped out, fully expecting her people to follow -- which of course, they did -- "And please tell me the stealth technology is up. And nothing under one hundred percent capability will be accepted. Heads will roll." Her brisk march continued to the bridge. Reaching the doors, she took another deep breath. Here was her first true testing field. Reaching out to the door, she pulled her hand back tentatively for a split second. Her chest heaved and she closed her eyes, waving her hand. The doors open and she stepped onto the bridge.

Kira hesitated for half a second before following Nalaen toward the elevator. She loved being near her friend and now master, especially when Nalaen was giving orders. Kira nodded her obedience when an order was directed to her and watched as the others scurried around doing everything they could to please Darth Taiasi.

They stepped out onto the bridge and Kira observed that the Admiral was already there, waiting for his orders. At this point, Kira bowed politely and separated, moving to carry out the orders she had been given.

No more than two minutes later, Kira returned to Nalaen and bowed slightly.

"As much as I hate the idea of leaving, it is the only way I can truly get any information on Exuro's fleet," she said. "My shuttle has been outfitted with stealth and we are sure it works. I will take it, have a look at his fleet, and return with my report as quickly as I possibly can."

Deep in what seemed to be the center of the Universe, the last remnants of the Jedi stood. Once a grand order used as light bringers and guardians of the weak...now they were nothing more than fading light in the darkness. There were a few however, a few who still believed in doing what was right. There he stood, a man dark clothing and short hair. He stood on the top of a tall tower which raised high above the rest of the city world of Coruscant. The man was named Sourin. Although to many, it would seem like he stood on the top of the universe, on the inside Sourin was in the belly of a rancor. He could feel the darkness coming, and he could feel the evil that followed it. He knew the corruptive nature of the darkness, he had touched it, he had felt it, and he had bathed in it. But he was not evil, and he was no Sith. In his very essence, Sourin was a Jedi.

What he felt troubled him though. He had heard rumors of another Rakatan artifact but he didn't believe it at first...now though, now that he felt this twisting and warping in the force. It was foreign but, not unfelt. Sourin had felt this years ago, when Revan left the Order. He had known Revan...he had considered Revan a friend and he had been the last person to hear from Revan before he went to Korriban. So that was where Sourin was headed, to Korriban. He knew that everything centered around that rock of wasteland.

That was two days ago...

"Master Jedi, we have assessed the situation and...It is Grim."

"Just spit it out commander, what am I dealing with?" Sourin was getting anxious as he looked out the bay window of the small vessel.

"There are at least two hundred ships in the Sith fleet Sir. Also our Intel states that the Separatist Sith leader has a ship of his own on the outer reaches of this system." The commander's voice shuddered just enough for it to be noticeable. He was afraid and Sourin couldn't blame him.

"Alright commander, take us within 8 kliks of the system and then kill the engines and reroute power to the emergency boosters. If they find us the only way to get out of here will be to crash onto Korriban. Also have one of your men prepare my shuttle. We will let them make the first move but it pays to be cautious." Sourin had a plan... but he was not sure of it. He knew the Sith Lord and his tactics but he was unaware of who the Separatist Sith Lord was...he planned on learning this but first he would tail them until the opportune moment. He could not risk being spotted with a fleet that size.

'The fire of Exuro' sped through hyperspace with a small task force of three other ships, The rest of the fleet were searching for the ark or defending Korriban from the inevitable Rakata Attack.

Now Exuro was taking his task force to the Yavin system where he had lost contact with that fleet. The ship left hyperspace just outside the gravity well of yavin 4.

"Scan the area where are my ships." Exuro requested as the sensor operators began to use the ships scannors, a few moments pasted before one of then answerd

"My Lord, I'm not picking up the ships but There is a lot of debris in the fleets last known location."

"Who did this?"

"Energy signitures suggest the Rakkata."

"Go to full alert i want a complete investigation."

Ash and some jedi still left all the years stand loyalty to Ash, Ash left to the Unknown planet with all the Rakatans which he called Rakata. Ash and the Jedi boarded the Sabra and launched towards Rakata to convince them he wanted to help them maybe save the trouble when one of the Sith Empire wins.

When Ash arrived out of hyperspace they slowly flew down to the planet surface. He told them he needed to speak to the Rakatan elder and war leader. They accepted his friendship and led him to a door and they walked in they were worried about Ash that he might turn on us or one of the others but the elder knew something about him and he told the other Rakatans to leave as of the other jedi.

Ash- The jedi and I would like to help you in this all-out-battle war so i've come with the Seperatists plans and where their base is.

Rakatan Elder- Ok, I accept. Youngling, show this man to his room and the other mens rooms. As Ash thought that was easy he thought that was to easy, but he just went to sleep with a jedi to huard and they would switch off duties in each of their rooms just in case.

Nalaen strode to the head of the bridge and looked around, reaching out with the Force to make sure all she had commanded was being done. She smiled to herself as she turned about to glower at her Admiral. He gulped, but otherwise hid his fear and walked straight for her, knowing what she wanted.

"My Lord," he said clearly; he knew Darth Taiasi did not accept weaklings in such high positions.

"Your orders," Nalaen said simply as she handed him a datapad. "The status of my fleet?"

"All at battlestations, m'lord. All approaching our vector." He peered down at the datapad.

Nalaen winced mentally and decided to go for it. "If," she said as aloof as she could muster, trying to make it sound as if she was being generous for the sake of the Sith, rather than because someone else might know more than herself, "you can improve upon the attack, do so. I want no losses." Her voice became all-business, "I want a quick hit. Scare him and disappear." She paused and almost seemed to sniff the air. "And stay alert. I sense something. Something odd." Giving him a look, he knew he was dismissed. And if he failed, he'd pay with his life.

"Kira," Nalaen said as she turned to her approaching apprentice.

Kira bowed slightly. "As much as I hate the idea of leaving, it is the only way I can truly get any information on Exuro's fleet," she said. "My shuttle has been outfitted with stealth and we are sure it works. I will take it, have a look at his fleet, and return with my report as quickly as I possibly can."

Eyes flashing slightly as she considered this, Nalaen eventually nodded. "That is true. If you are discovered, you're on your own." She glowered at Kira. "Betraying the true Sith will carry a worse punishment than death. If you are found or captured, and you speak, pray that you will be killed after the interrogation." She loomed over her apprentice. "Because death will be a mercy, a mercy I will not grant." Returning to her normal self, she turned her back on the other woman to study her men. She continued speaking to her apprentice, knowing she was listening even without the eye-contactl. "But I doubt you'll run into that problem. The intel you can garner will be quite benificial. Do be careful, Kira. I would hate to replace you." She snorted. "Besides, Exuro's a fool."

As Kira began leaving, Nalaen turned about abruptly and grabbed her shoulder, bringing her in close. "Careful," Nalaen hissed at her, "I feel a tremour in the Force. There is another card on the table; there is much at stake. Others have joined in this little battle. Jedi should learn not to meddle in Sith politics." She studied her apprentice's face. "And, my little Kira, I will leave you in charge of finding the Ark." Her eyes blazed at Kira's expression. "Oh yes, I am quite curious to know about it. But shhh," she said mock-conspiringly, even bringing a finger up to her covered lips, "don't tell anyone. I'm not willing to uproot the Sith, to destroy our glorous Empire, over a rumour. But I would like the rumour researched. Quietly. While you count Exuro's ships, see if you can't find something out." She let Kira go and walked away to join her Admiral.

Exuro stood on the bridge looking at Three officers. one captin and two lieutenants. They were wearing damaged uniforns and looked weak. Exuro turned his face to his ships captain.

"Are these all that survived?" Exuro ordered

"Aye my lord thet were found in an adrift escape-pod."

Exuros expression turned to anger and he turned to look at the three survivors he held out both his hands and began to use the force to lift the lieutenants off the ground while chokeing them. This was followed by him twisting his hands so the palms faced upwards then closing them rapidly into a fist. The hovering bodies suddely curled as iff they were being crushed then loosened dead. Exuro through them to either side of the bridge and walked closer to the surviving captain. "I do not accept failler."

Exuros head turned to his captain "Take him to the brig, I want to know everything... anymeans possible."

"Understood my lord." The captain said as he got two gaurds to take their new prisoner away.

Ash wakes up and walks to the other rooms.

Ash- everyone ok?

Jedi Arbiter- Yes we are all right.

Ash we need to make plans to strike the Sith Fleet which everone is stronger.

Jedi Arbiter II- Well which one is stronger?

Ash well have to find out.

Ash and some of the Jedi Knights board the Sabra while the 2 Jedi Arbiters stay behind and train the Jedi Sentinels. Ash and the Knights launch into hyperspace and set the ship to stealth and enter the Coruscant sector but there is no Sith Fleet. They go to the rendevous point and Nalaen's fleet leaves that sector. Luckily he found where they were going and waited a while to go. While waiting he comlinks the jedis back on Rakata.

Ash- (comlink) hey you there? come in.

Arbiter- (comlink) yes we're here and we just found out that the loyalists and seperatists are going to have a battle soon.

Ash- (comlink) ok ill be aware of that.

IC:

Jason and Kate got out of the Jedi Temple and went to the Soaring Hawk.There,HK-55 curiously asked:

"Query:Master,has the meatbag Jedi Council gave you a foolish mission?"asked HK-55.

"Deet deet dwee!"shouted T3-7G.

"I would like you to stop call them meatbags HK.I am your Master so you must obey me."said Jason.

"Warning:Master,if you don't get quiet i will be forced to give you a shot of love."warned HK-55.

Knock it off guys.Anyways,our mission is to go to M4-78 to get some data of the mainframe,located in the core of the droid planet."explained Kate.

HK and T3 got a little touchy about the subject and entered the ship.Jason and Kate went to the cockpit,and Jason shouted:"Well,let's get this ship fired up!"

The Soaring Hawk got out of Coruscant,and Kate plotted a course for M4-78.The Soaring Hawk then jumped into hyperspace.

Kira was temporarily astonished by Nalaen's curiosity concerning the Ark, but nodded her obedience and said, "Your will is my command." She spun and left the bridge. When she arrived at her shuttle, she grinned. This would be fun!

She set a course for the last known location of Exuro's fleet and sent her ship into hyperspace.

Coming out of hyperspace a while later, Kira immediately activated the stealth technology and swerved sharply. To the sensors of Exuro's fleet, it would appear that a shuttle had come out of hyperspace only to be disintigrated. For several seconds, Kira stared at his fleet.

"Damn glad I have stealth," she muttered. Then, she got to work. After determining the number and types of all the ships, she took her shuttle to the surface of Korriban and stepped out. The shuttle was still hidden from view and Kira quickly found her way to some of Exuro's servant Sith.

"Care to have some company?" she asked. They spun to face her and asked suspiciously who she was. "Just another like yourselves."

"How long have you been here?" one of them asked. Kira shrugged.

"I was on a mission before," she said. "But my shuttle crashed. I guess you could say I'm looking for a way to return to the fleet."

"Come with us," the other Sith said. "We could use another set of eyes."

"Very well," Kira answered. "So this is another search for the Ark, right?"

"Of course," one of the others answered. "Lord Exuro won't rest until he's found it."

"Naturally," Kira agreed. The conversation continued and Kira dropped to the back of the group. After a while of walking, the others turned aside. Kira followed them, but soon got caught up in reading the walls.

((Perhaps Exuro could come in here now... might be interesting, but please understand... he wouldn't know Kira and would likely assume she serves him.))

The flames of Exuro left Hyperspace just out side of Korribans gravity Well, Exuro's investigations at Yavin had led to yet another dead end but he still left the rest of the task force to investigate the surrounding star systems for more leads. Exuro's shp entered korribans orbit above some of the unexplored tombs that he had ordered some Dark jedi to investigate for any news on the Ark.

Things were going to slow for The sith lords liking so he desided to go to the tombs and encourage his acolites to work harder. He took one of his ships landing shuttles to land just outside oif the tomb, he left and entered the tomb.

It didn't take him long to find a small group of Dark jedi and Troop searching the temple.

"Report!" Exuro Shouted annousing his presance.

"Lord Exuro... we were not expecting you." The leading Dark jedi said bending on one knee

"Report!" Exuro Repeated

"We Have Found some writings that mention the ark my lord."

"Is that all?"

"Yeee...." Exuro didn't let the lead jedi finish his sentance when Exuro used the force to choke the Dark Jedi. The Dark jedi struggled for breath for a few moments before he dropped to the floor.

"I do not accept failer. The rest of you double your efforts, i want to know all that is written here." Exuro announced as he moved towards one of the walls and felt it. "Im one step closer." He whispured to himself.

"I am your servant, Lord Exuro," Kira answered. "As such my name is of little to no importance."

She stood. "As for my findings from the tomb, the writings claim that the Ark is near enough to the core of the planet to... let me see..." she turned around and read off the wall, "to cause physical discomfort through the heat of the core."

She turned back to Exuro. "That's all it says here... I will keep looking elsewhere."

Archived