Home

Legend of Galadienis - The friendship

The year 421 after the great war that destroyed most of these very lands... The same war that made rich poor, poor dead and corrupted beings, humanoids or not, the great leaders of the nowly very much divided Galadienis.

There is also the rebel group of druids, alchemists, mages and just normal fighters or archers which calls itself the Valavatá.

Fifteen years ago this group was forced to split by the council's high disagreements. The other part went underground, turning twisted and evil, now an enemy of both the split up land and the other part of the Valavatá. this part started to call itself the Carac Corma, meaning the Fang ring.

As opposite of the dark group, the other side of Valavatá fleed to the mountains and dense forests around them, where nobody lived or survived for long without some sort of an extraodrinary power. They started to call themselves Aire Firimar, which meant the Holy mortals. They swore to protect this Eastern part of the Galadienis by claiming the only piece of above-ground land still free, but underground of it, inside the mountains, was one part of the dwarven kingdom.

There were many legendary men and women in both, Carac Corma and Aire Firimar, most of them current or ex-members of the councils, but there are also people behind the 'curtains', acting as the wisest of the wisest and so even the councils sometimes turn to them. There are only two in each of these groups

The Kingdoms are usually huge... Allthought there are some exceptions. The human kingdom is ruling half of the mainland and all of the islands but one. The largest of the islands is controlled by Elves... Sea-elves to be exact. The masters of seafare. Some even have told that these elves have found another continent from somewhere behind the seas.

The Dark elves, also known as Drow, are always fighting the Carac Corma for their underground territories and the dwarven empire joins in every now and then too, digging deeper into the core of the world. Now, there are still a few kingdoms but they are unknown... Neutral, so to say and have no part in this story, untill much later.

But, not as a kingdom, or anykind of a nation, is the hundreds of tribes of nomads, barbarians and centaurs. These tribes usually cause much trouble inside the above-ground kingdoms and even underground sometimes. The war rages between all of these races, but inside their tribes is also a great power-struggle going on. Just as a hint for those who will make a char that lusts for power, it would be good for him/her to be in one of these races just because you might just be the chief that will lead your tribe to victory.

There are still some basics... We need other races than elven and human, too. Be dwarven or Drow or Centaur or something. But remember to also act like the other races do... Not just be a Dwarf and act like an elf...

I will still continue the style of no profiles, so just step in at any time. IF you really want to post a profile, post it into the OOC thread.

PM me or post in the OOC thread to ask about anything that you feel I didn't mention or want to be specified or anything. I'm trying to make this last long, so please be aware of situations. I don't want things to go confusing or awkward or one-on-one and so make the thread quite dead

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tathar Calmcacil, a wisest of the wise, sat on a large stone, meditating quietly as his young druid apprentice, Ilenal Lissësúl, was drawing symbols onto the sand and mumbling a quiet spell. This sight was nothing unusual in the Aire Firimar's territory. Ilenal stopped his spell suddenly and stood infront of his druidic teacher face-to-face, their eyes staring into each others'...

A bright flas lit the circle of symbols around them. The stone became purely white and turned into something else... A stone or a lump of metal, made in the darkness of the core of the world. Nobody knew for certain.

Tathar stood up and looked at the white object on the ground. "Thank you, Ilenal. Now, take your part of it, and become a real druid" he said and handed a small pickaxe.

As Ilenal took a piece of the object, the druidic cross on his neck lit up as yellow, cutting the piece of ex-rock into a small halo with spikes or a crow, depending on what did you want to see in it. As the cross went back to it's ordinarily yellow colour, Ilenal placed the new symbol into the hole in the cross. "Thank you, teacher" he said and turned to Tathar. "Go... get more knowledge and later you will take my place" Tathar said and turned into an owl with a bright flash and flew away, leaving Ilenal standing there. The rock turned back into the grey stone it had been, but dropped a small ball out of itself that Ilenal placed on the top of his staff

He got to his backpack and dressed into his grey, green, golden and brown leather armor and normal clothing, stuffing his robes into his backpack. He strapped a longsword onto his belt in it's sheath and quickly made his way back towards the largest town the Aire Firimar had. Oh, how many times had he done this and how many times he had wished to get out into the world. But firstly, he needed a group to travel in. He heard some ruckus down the road... bandits attacking on someone, most likely

((There we go... join in!))

Kale laughed softly as he fought. The bandits had no idea what they were getting into when they tried to take his money. He glanced behind his back for a moment and grinned. Katarina was doing just fine on her own. She glanced at him for a moment and grinned.

"How are you, Kale?" she asked, thrusting her short sword into another of the bandits. He laughed.

"Not better than you," he answered. "Tell me, how do you like fighting in a dress?"

"Hate it," she answered. She ripped the dress, revealing a much more functional outfit. With a sigh of relief, she pulled her hair down. "Much better."

The bandits began to retreat and the two fighters drew closer and closer together. Finally, the bandits gave up entirely and ran off. Kale and Katarina dropped their swords and kissed.

"You're beautiful, no matter what you wear," he said. She laughed and he pushed her away. "Now get back into that dress before somebody comes along."

Ilenal continued walking and as a bandit ran and almost crashed into the druid, with a lightning-fast move of a hand, the elven druid's sword was out and slit the bandit's throat. He sheathed the sword and with a flash of light, he transformed with his weapons and carryings with him.

A white tiger stepped out of the shadows next to the couple and let out a short growl. It looked over at the female, then at the male with a curious look on it's face, the black and white tail swishing from side to side slowly

A bright light succumbed the tiger and grew, probably blinding them for a moment or two. Ilenal stood up straight infront of them and smiled. "Ilenal. What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in any council meeting" he said and held his other hand on the hilt of his sword. "Or more correctly, what are you doing in the forest of the druids without permission of the druidic council" he continued, gripping his staff tightly, the white stone on the top starting to shine quite threatheningly, actually

"I..." Kale began. Katarina interrupted.

"I sense a little lie coming," she said, staring at Kale. She turned back to Ilenal. "We are explorers of a kind... and we got a little lost. Our map isn't accurate at all."

"Uh, right," Kale stammered. "Sorry. If you want, we'll leave now."

Katarina smiled and self-consciously brushed her shoulder length brown hair away from her ear. Kale's right hand shot out quickly, covering her hand and ear. When he withdrew his hand, her hair was once again covering her ear.

"No, the Carac Corma has people everywhere. They would milk you dry of information and especially of this forest" he said and looked at them. "Now, I ask you again, what are you doing here?" he mumbled and stepped forwards as the ball ontop of his staff started to shine even brighter as he started to get rather annoyed of them right now. Either they were begging for trouble, wanting to consult a specific druid in secrecy or just spy for the Carac Corma

"Easy there Druid" A man said from the shadows. He stepped out into the light. He had typical ranger outfit on, hooded cloack, and leather armour, all of it tinted green. he wore a bow and a quiver of arrows on his back, and a daggar was hidden inside his cloak.

"They are no threat to anyone, i can tell when someone is lieing, and it isn't them."

"Oh, but ranger, I haven't heard that any rangers have gotten the permission to step into this forest today either. This forest was supposed to be sealed" he said and turned towards him, ignoring the map for now, he turned sideways so he could see all three and took the map. "Ha! I think you have been quite fooled with this map... It's seven years old. And also, you had it upside down" he said and grinned at them, handing the map back, snickering quietly under his breath

"When unfolding it, I didn't look to make sure it was right side up," Katarina said crossly. "After I handed it to you, it was your job to be sure you looked at it properly. I tell you truthfully, we were not looking at it wrong."

"The map is seven years old?" Kale asked quietly. "Then that is the problem. We are not fools, Druid Ilenal."

"Having an old map does not make one a fool," Kale retorted. "And if you'll simply allow us to leave, we'll return the way we came and leave the Forest of the Druids without fight and all information of the forest will stay in the forest."

"Kale, wait," Katarina said quietly as Kale turned to go. She turned to Ilenal. "We were headed for Suureek, a little village against the mountains."

"Katarina," Kale muttered. "Enough." Then, to Ilenal, "Perhaps we are more foolish than we thought. We took this map from a strange little man... most likely a Dwarf. He gave us the map and told us where to go. But I can see now that he was merely trying to get rid of us by arousing the anger of the Druids so that they would kill us."

"Finally some truth out of your mouth!" Katarina exclaimed, looking to Kale. He shrugged and did not answer her.

"The Dwarf's name is Gerv," he went on. "Or so he said. What I see before me now makes me doubt everything he told us."

"Agh... Gerv has always been a pest around these parts" he said with a chuckle. "Never trust a dwarf like us elves like to say" he said and rolled his staff around his hand, threw it in the air an catched it, the other end pointing towards the mountains. "That way for three miles or so" he said and hit the staff on the ground, leaning onto it and turning to Raz. "Meh... I'm not really of that much of alchemy. you should talk with the council. Usually the druids let alchemists stay for two days at most. Alchemy destroys the nature or mutates it. We don't really like that" he said and grinned slightly

"We try to be trusting of others we meet," Katarina said quietly. "But the people of the world are loosing their trustworthiness. Gerv is the perfect example of this."

"Thank you for reminding us of the saying, 'Never trust a dwarf,'" Kale told Ilenal. "We have been too long away from Elves."

"You haven't spent much time with Elves, have you, Alchemist?" Katarina laughed softly. "We have an ingrained dislike for Dwarves... as much if not more than the one they have for us. It is a strange rivalry, one without much actual combat, unless it be verbal."

"But we are not like other Elves," Kale said. "We try to overcome our feelings and find dwarves we can trust. Gerv is not one of them, as we now discover."

"I feel we have stayed too long," Katarina murmured in Kale's ear and he nodded.

"Thank you for setting us straight, Ilenal," he said. "We had best be moving."

Kale and Katarina turned to go and Kale's smile vanished instantly. Katarina's smile was much slower in leaving her face, but soon neither of them were smiling.

"Of all the worst luck..." Kale muttered. Katarina cleared her throat, cutting him off.

"We will find another way," she whispered in his ear. "The Druids may not welcome us, but we will help them, even if they don't want our help."

Out of sight of Ilenal, they left the trail, moving into the forest.

((Your character better have superhuman hearing :mad: ))

Kale raised his eyebrows as he glanced around. His eyes fell on Raz and he instantly recognized him.

"I don't see how it's of any concern to you," he answered quietly. Katarina frowned.

"But there is no harm in telling you," she interrupted.

"All the same," Kale cut in, glaring at her, "I think it had best be kept our secret."

"But we could tell you," Katarina said.

"But we won't," Kale countered. Katarina glared at him.

"Why not?" she demanded.

"He doesn't need to know," Kale insisted.

"But you agree there's no harm in his knowing," Katarina pressed. Kale paused for a second and shrugged.

"Have it your way," he muttered. Turning to Raz, he sighed. "The Druids do not seem overly concerned with the bandit infestation of the forest. Yet there is not a day that goes by that we don't hear some new tale of a death caused by the bandits. We are here to combat them."

"You may be skeptical," Katarina said with a small smile. "How can a pair of seemingly innocent travelers make that much of a difference?"

"Katarina, we've said enough," Kale said firmly. Katarina turned to him as if to object, but seeing the look on his face, she kept her mouth shut. Kale turned again to Raz.

"It should be enough for you to know we are not simply innocent travelers," he said. "Now if you'll excuse us."

He took Katarina's hand and they went deeper into the forest.

Archived