Home

Legend of Galadienis - The friendship

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"We've seen them in battle," Katarina told Raz. "They'd be useful without explosives too."

Kale looked at Butch and Crem. "Be quick if you can. We need to catch these bandits by surprise." He turned to Raz. "Let's head to the edge of the forest. As we walk, you can tell us where their camp is."

"Ok" Raz said as he started walking, he opened the map. "I'm, such a fool, I've been past there many times, and I didn't even suspect anything. It says here the bandits are in an underground lair, only way to get there is thorugh a tunnel from a cave, which is filled with hidden stalkers and bandits, now be wary, bandits we have all faced before, but these are highy trained, some of them are even ex-high guards of the king, so do not underestimate them." Raz said in seriousness.

Once the trio was out of earshot, Butch sighed in relief.

"Did he see anything?" He asked Crem.

"I don't think so."

"Good, she didn't see anything either."

They both went into the carriage, and began removing the floor, revealing a secret compartment. Inside were two boxes containing bars of gold. They both carried them to the nearby inn and up into a room. Inside were three people: A large man, a young elf girl, and a centuar.

"Good news, bad news, everybody. Good news We got the bars over here. Bad news: Two elves are hunting bandits in the forest. We won't be able to take work up there for awhile, they probably won't understand what we're doing. More good news: We got an opportunity. As we found out, most of the bandits are part of the same group. Well someone's found their camp. Now, they're assaulting it, and Crem and I are going with them. What I need is for you guys to give these to the fence, and then ride as hard as you can to our location. We'll shoot off one of your flare arrows, Davil."

The centuar nodded.

"What I need you to do once you get there, grab everything that's in the cave that's of value, gold, jewels, everything. Now-"

"But Butch" Interrupted the elf girl. "Isn't that a bit more dishonest than, you know, our usual work? Shouldn't we try to return the things to their owners."

"Koki, this stuff isn't nearly enough to pay off our debts. Now if we don't get any money soon, we'll be left with nothing, no food, no drink, no water, no freedom. We haven't had any good jobs for over a month, and now the innkeeper's threatening to turn us in. We need this. Now are you in?"

"Yes"

"Good. Davil, what do you have in way of explosives right now."

The centuar pointed at a bed. "We've got some left over from the botched mountain job from the other week."

Butch walked over to the bed, reached under it and picked up a bag full of explosives.

"Good, We'll meet here after. "

Butch grabbed an extra arrow, one colored differently from the others and put it in his quiver. Then he and Crem walked outstairs, got on a horse, and rode to the edge to meet the others.

"Good here come the others." Raz said as he saw butch and crem. "Now these i am giving you are strength and speed potions, wich make you ten times stronger and ten times as fast, so i suggest taking them, with these, we'll be able to take on at least 3-5 bandits at a time, now if anyone has any other questions feel free to ask."

• 1 month later...

A roar came from the forest, startling a few birds that flew away quickly. A white tiger walked elegantly throught the bushes and towards the group. He turned into the druid Ilenal as he stepped out of the forest, a smirk on his face as he shook his head.

"I hope you aren't planning on stepping into the forest with that much of weaponry. Someone might think you're waging a war against the druids" he said and walked past them and turned around after he had counted them and inspected their weaponry.

"I would say you are waging a war at someone, but hwo?" Ilenal asked acting like he didn't know. He shook his head again at the sight of so much weaponry

"Not against the druids," Kale laughed pleasantly. "Katarina and I aren't foolish enough for something like that. Besides, the druids are rather pleasant people... once you get to know them."

"Relax, Crem," Katarina said quietly. "He's a druid."

"In answer to your question, Druid Ilenal," Kale went on, "we are planning on fighting the bandits. Those of us you see before you have agreed that they have raided too long here. Too many people have lost their lives to the bandits in this forest. We want that to end."

The druid continued to slowly circle the group until he stopped infront of Kyle, watching into his eyes. "But do you know the druids or their ways. You don't know the powers we hold and when you arrive to their hiding place, you can't know if they have already been crushed" he said, but then took a step back and shook his head at them. "Go and do 'the good thing'... but remember that the forest has many eyes and if you pass throught the dead trees in the eastern forest, remember to stay away from those that still have leaves"

((His name is Kale.))

"I know the powers your people hold, Druid," Kale answered quietly. His hands balled up into fists at the condescending tone Ilenal was taking. "I have also seen your people deal only with the bandits that bother them. To this day your people have made no effort to clear the bandits out of your forest, though you have the power to do so in less than an hour."

"Kale, stop," Katarina pleaded.

"Since the masters of the forest won't do something, my companions and I will!" Kale finished. Then, he took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "Do you want to help or not?"

"We don't do it, because we don't find them disturbing. If they do their looting nice and quiet and don't do anything to the forest, we are happy. When some heroistic son-of-a-b***h comes around waving their sword and starting a fight that will most probably hurt the forest, we are not happy. And if I were you, I would show some respect, boy, because without our help, you're not entering that forest even if you would be flying" he commented, the tone of his becoming angrier and louder with every word and at the end he was shouting at the elven man that stood infront of him as proudly as any elf would that hasn't gotten a decent beating from his father. The ground shook quickly as he spoke and while he stared into Kale's eyes, a root slowly rose from the ground and the trees started waving like if there was a wind... of course there was no wind at the moment. The trees were talking and their tone of voice was not happy and a crow landed onto a branch by the edge of the forest and screached at the group

Archived