Home

decisions :)

Rumor

Which game?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which game?

JKA is the most popular game right now.

Popularity is not an issue. If it was, i'd just throw up a cs server.

Are guns out of the question?

And what about increased saber damage (especially if you go the jk3 route)?

Nope, they aren't out of the question.

I am not too keen about increased saber damage, unless i could control every aspect of it (ie make it a mix of 1.02 and 1.04 jk2, with the speed and damage of 1.02, and the refined controls, movement, and animations of 1.04).

I am leaning toward jk2 for the first server, but I am in contact with companies willing to donate servers, and I wouldn't mind throwing up a couple JA servers to boot. JK2's gameplay is just that much better, eh? :)

By one vote? ;)

g_saberdamagescale 2 is identical to JK2 1.02 as far as I can tell, though I didn't do a side by side comparison, just from memory and from talking to Raven guys back in the day. The only differences really are the special move stats and the saber throw stats which everyone has already elaborated on and made mods about anyway.

By one vote? ;)

g_saberdamagescale 2 is identical to JK2 1.02 as far as I can tell, though I didn't do a side by side comparison, just from memory and from talking to Raven guys back in the day. The only differences really are the special move stats and the saber throw stats which everyone has already elaborated on and made mods about anyway.

yeah special moves and saber throw were my concerns

pt is a bitch when its 30 damage, and forget about 60+

The way to avoid an empty server is to use bots.

I know many will probably hate me for saying this, but hear me out:

My strategy that I've used since day 1 seems to have worked pretty well.

Have some bots in the server, thus it looks "populated." This is to draw in that first person to join. They probably don't realize that the 4/8 or 8/26 is really all bots (and maybe one person.. me, spectating in some cases). But once they actually join and start playing, they are having so much fun they forget and/or don't care. And as soon as there's a person in there, the "I refuse to join unless there are actual human players in there" people will join, and then the "I refuse to join unless there are a large group of people" people join, etc. until your server is full or at least enough for a saber party. ;)

People are getting harder to fool, but with custom bots and mixing up the names we can keep up and attract people. Some may say this is dishonest, but you have to be competative. There's other servers out there vying for your players, so you've got to get the ball rolling somehow. Consider it "priming the pump."

Otherwise you're left waiting for either a very patient person to run around a map alone waiting for others, or a couple of people to randomly join simultaneously (either all patient people who coincidentally decided to join at the same time, or who arranged to meet in the server prior).

OJP makes this process much easier, but I would suggest a custom bots pack, such as DDS-IBots (though it's for JA, you might be able to convert it).

The DDS (Darth Dude Studios) website is linked off their mod (which is found at lucasfiles.com) and you can check out their Botmaker program (for JK2 and JA) etc. I made about 9 custom bots I used on my server before I started using OJP (and I still have them for variety's sake).

Well, for the time being the server is set up for jk2, as a lot more people wanted that.

I can switch it around sometimes when I learn how to manage and configure it more easily and efficiently.

had a lot of old school players on it, and we've had a great bunch of DM's (ffa) and duels going on, and a large ammount of server traffic.

I'm still working on configuring it, as Escaped Turkey's management system is rather nebulous.

It will be running a variety of gametypes, pretty much all at request (duel, dm, tdm, ctf, etc.)

Drop by and have some fun fragging and **** talking :)

Info: 67.15.17.84:28070 The Second Comming - Cataclysm

and yes, i know comming should be coming, i am just too lazy to change it.

/edit: oh yeah, forgot teh linkz0r http://jk2.teamimpunity.com

I have also put up a 50 slot ventrilo (version 2.3.0) for people to use while they play. feel free to hop on any time.

IP: NewYork.NationVoice.com Port: 3819 no pass

that rphotrod is such a newb, he's going to ban me again for calling him gay I bet. What an over-sensitive sissy boy. JK2 is 100x better than jka. And while I was in FK, I am now team captain of DSbr (teamdsbr.net), which means very little since nobody has the balls to play us except for clueless saber newbie clans that we trick into scrims. If you don't realize that JKA truly is the retarded little brother of jk2 then you need to accept that you are a clueless nap.

-soon to be banned mediablitz- (looks like RP is already censoring me off the board, he has deleted both of my threads regarding JA+ being a stupid mod, what a bitter sissy nap, oh no I hurt your e-feelings)

oh...the jk2 pug server is ^2pick^7up^2games^7-^2ctf|89ms|69.64.50.195:28070

if you suck stay in spec. password is ctfpug. For an example of the leetness that goes on there, here is a brief practice session between myself and JaX, the god of defense. http://www.teamdsbr.net/jax/mediavjax_practice.dm_16

type cg_thirdperson 1 in console before watching this awe inspiring demo from my pov featuring my revolutionary rocket jump tactics

It had nothing to do with JA+ arguements. It had to do with how much hate the thread was generating. If you havn't noticed, this is LucasForums. It has nothing to do with JA+ There are still rules to abide by. People were asked and warned to keep it nice. They did not do that, and in turn, the thread was locked.

Now, please stay on the subject of the thread.

Hmmm im kinda looking for JO to pull a JK, since JK released and everybody went to MotS and then back to JK. So I kinda see JO/JA the same way, but I could be wrong, JA has alot to offer. I voted for JA btw, since that is what I play.

Archived