Home

Maps

PhireStorm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

omg only 3 space maps ? :| , and where is the battle at Yavin 4 , Death Star 1 , Death Star 2 , Battle over Naboo from EP 1 , The Rebel run from Hoth @ Empire Strikes Back , not to mention that they could create some new ones ,,,

PhireStorm has just provided a partial list of maps which will be available in SWBF II ; So, do not blame Pandemic because of the fact you think there will be only 6 maps !

To complete this list, I'd add there will be a map in the Jedi Temple and perhaps one on Hoth. Others will join it soon... ;)

Ive only added the ones with absolute proof, I saw tattooine in a screenshot. And Endor, IS death star II

tatooine: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screens.html?page=16

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/screens.html?page=12

besides, the ones you guys are mentioed that i forgot, im adding. thus is the prupose for replies :)

theres a video for Polis Massa: http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/starwarsbattlefront2/media.html

if you say i forgot one, can you please provide proof?

omg only 3 space maps ? :| , and where is the battle at Yavin 4 , Death Star 1 , Death Star 2 , Battle over Naboo from EP 1 , The Rebel run from Hoth @ Empire Strikes Back , not to mention that they could create some new ones ,,,

If you don't realize this yet, Endor IS Death Star 2.

Three new videos confirm three new maps atGamespot Jabbas Palace, Kshyyyk, and Yavin IV.

Also if you watch the trailer you see a Tatooine Ground battle and a fight in the jedi temple, not sure if you would count this as absolute proof or not though...

Also in the trailer it shows old clips of Naboo, Hoth, and Geonosis, this might have been a simple mistake or it could mean that these battles will be returning.

Hmmm I would actually say that planet looks more like Geonosis exept it dose not have rings, it looks a bit to solid to be Yavin which is a gas giant if I'm not mistaken...

HUZZAH! The Slug droid is ingame! (You know, the one with the single tread around the whole body) Sorry if this is old news but I was desperately hoping they would put it in.

Kashyyyk looks exactly like the movie (what little we saw of it...)

The other maps though... their the same. Exactly the same. I mean, not even a graphical update. This only affirms my claim that this is really just an expansion not a new game....

I thought Yavin looked a bit better then the original, a bit brighter maybe, but in terms of map layout it looked completely similar. With Jabbas palace I noticed no diffrences at all.

But then again Jabbas palace was a pretty good map, small but fun and intense, I think it is one of the few maps that didn't need changing, or at least nothing drastic. As for Yavin well i'm just surprised there including it at all givin how unpopular it seems to be. There probably focusing more on redesigning the popular maps like Geonosis and Hoth and the Episode 3 maps like Mustafar, Utapau and Kshyyyk.

Speaking of Kshyyyk, it looked great, some cool new vehicles like the Tank Droid, the BARC speeder and I thought I saw somthing flying through the trees towards the beginning of the video. A wookiee vehicle? or a trick of the light?

Speaking of Kshyyyk, it looked great, some cool new vehicles like the Tank Droid, the BARC speeder and I thought I saw somthing flying through the trees towards the beginning of the video. A wookiee vehicle? or a trick of the light?

This flying vehicle looks like to a Wookiee artisanal helicopter...

btw, which video has footage of a jedi temple?

You see the Jedi Library in the first trailer of SWBF II. I'll post links to it if they're needed... ;)

well not officially, but then again neither has Mustafar, Utapau, or the battles over Endor and Tatooine, they have just been seen in screenshots and trailers, although I will admit that of all of them the jedi temple has been shown the least so you might want to wait until more information is released before adding it to your list.

After watching the official trailer a couple of times :

- Darth Maul is seen on a tatooine ground map, outside. So it could be like Mos Espa.

- We see a lot of the Jedi Temple, not just the archives. It would be stupid of them to create all this and not include it.

- We see Hoth for a very brief moment; nothing can tell us wheter it's new or not.

My opinion on maps :

- No Hoth = bad. I just can't believe they would skip the most iconic ground battle of the SW movies.

- I do hope the new Geonosis is better than the original.

- A space Yavin would be extremely nice; everyone wants to run the trench.

- There better be an Endor ground map.

- I think it would be kind of cheap to put Jabba's Palace unmodified. It might be good the way it is, but I think it's just lame to use an old and free map to make it look like the game has many planets and maps.

And about the few available space maps : lets not forget that modders should be able to do proper space maps with the stuff that comes with BF2. So the doors open at least a few excellent player-created space maps.

Archived