Home

The Dark Nest Trilogy [spoiler tags plz]

Prime

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They kinda finished the entire of the Swarm war off in like 5 or 6 pages. There really wasn't much of a final battle

between Luke and the Queen

ANGRY EDIT: grr.....Thanks for revealing the ending Fosh :( Next time use damn spoiler tags

like this

xxxx [/spolier] (2nd one misspelt to illustrate)

mtfbwya

• 2 weeks later...
For those who are interested, someone has posted a summary and review of the new post-NJO novel. Note that spoilers abound. You can read it all here.

I am still hoping that I will like the post-NJO world, but this blurb has me worried:

Views of the Force are different now, and it is no longer a sin to use anger as a means to an end, as long as that end is a good one. Kyp has always used anger as a means to an end, so it's not surprising for him to do so, but characters who have traditionally been calm and collected are now using their anger for power--characters such as Luke and Corran.

I know that this is just som nobody's review, but WTF?? Are they just trying to go the exact opposite direction of the films? Are they all going to be usning Force Lightning and gripping people all in the name of Peace, Freedom, and Love? Someone who reads the book quickly will have to tell me if this is all true. Sigh

I am not a fan of the "New Jedi Order'. I own only two books from the 'NJO' series. After I read the introduction, of one of the books, I could not read any more pages. This morning, I thought it would be intresting to read the 'Dark Nest' series, so I bought all three of them. From what I gather is that, the Jedi now walk a narrow line between light and dark. In order for them to use Force Lightening, they have to somehow control their anger. Up until four to five years ago, Luke was the only Jedi that sucessfully converted from the lightside to darkside to lightside. If he found a way to use Force Lightening without falling completly to the darkside, then I welcome the chance to see how he fears. Remember, Mara was never really a Dark Jedi or Sith. She had the potential to become a darksider, but she never fully made the convert. Revan's cannon is a lightside male; therefore, Luke could very well be the most sucessful Jedi yet. If this series brings us back to the original Star Wars feeling, I welcome the chance to read an intresting storyline. The "NJO' was too far away from what Star Wars is, and I could not tolerate reading more than the intorduction. I think this series could bring us back to what Star Wars is really about... I could be wrong, but if that reviewer is right, I welcome the experience...

People may have forgotten about what it means to experience the original Star Wars... This could be their chance to remember...

Great, more EU going against the movies. I wonder how they'll have the Sith return with the two last Sith having being killed.

The Dark Nest series is my first step into the 'NJO' world. I have no desire in reading the whol 'NJO', but I am going to read the last book.

I know what you mean about, "EU going against the movies". Even though I am reading this series, I will probally only accept it as 'NJO' cannon. I will not consider it as solid cannon.

When it comes to the Sith, I think there needs to be other types of villians. Most of my novels cover Boba Fett and Mara Jade. When it comes to Jedi and Sith, I think too much of a good thing is bad..

When it comes to the Sith, I think there needs to be other types of villians. Most of my novels cover Boba Fett and Mara Jade. When it comes to Jedi and Sith, I think too much of a good thing is bad..

I don't understand what you're saying, I doubt you're saying that Mara Jade and Fett are Sith so i'll just say, there aren't any EU Sith during or after the movies because they are extinct.

I don't understand what you're saying, I doubt you're saying that Mara Jade and Fett are Sith so i'll just say, there aren't any EU Sith during or after the movies because they are extinct.

What I am trying to say is that there are a lot of Sith villans. I have read Sith stories in EU, but I mostly read about nonSith characters.. I believe that too much of a good thing, too many stories about Sith and Jedi, could end up being a bad thing. Otherwords, people will just get tired of reading about the Sith or Jedi. Before the 'NJO', most of the EU was covering non-Jedi and non-Sith stories. Not necessarily because of the 'NJO', but in combination with other sotries, EU is now over runned by 'Jedi/Sith' this... Jedi/Sith that...

....EU is now over runned by 'Jedi/Sith' this... Jedi/Sith that...

This is mostly because the majority of EU has been set in Old Republic Era or Clone Wars. If you've kept your peepers peeled, there has been some stuff that focuses on others like the progress of young Fett.

It was an inevitability that EU post ROTJ had to address the question of what happens to the jedi order since Luke was the only one left.

For many years the EU was about the Imperial Remnant, with their stupid superweapons, clone emperors, military masterminds, royal guardsman with extraordinary abilities and self proclaimed warlords. The Bounty Hunters have been covered exhaustively in "Tales" novels, and the Bounty Hunter Wars series....

Basically, all the material that could be gleaned from OT characters and concepts has been. If all EU became was a re-hashing of movie formula storylines then SW EU wouldnt exist. The modern era of EU has been going strong for 16 years, and still has a few years left in it yet. Im sure once the TV series comes out, that may generate some new material as well :)

If LOTF deals with Sith Characters, I hope its done in a way that wont make it sound less plausible. eg, if someone finds a sith holocron or manages to communicate with an established old sith lord, that might be easier to swallow. Coming up with a new Sith Lord out nowhere would suck, IMO. I'd rather the jedi have a full blown civil war than resurrect old sith lords anyway :)

mtfbwya

MacLeodCorp, there are not alot of Sith villans, there are Dark Jedi but there are few Sith in the EU because post Bane there were only two at any one time and they didn't do anything, and post movies they were extinct.

This is correct.

sounds like Macleod needs to be schooled re- the sith.

Ive copy'n'pasted this from a post I made in another area:

90% of sith lords have only been revealed in EU.

Of the republic era sith lords, there are only

*Bane

*Zannah

> > > hasnt been elaborated if there were any between here. *Millenial excluded from this line as he worked outside the rule of Two)

*Plagueis

*Sidious

*Maul

*Tyranus

*Vader

Pre Darth Bane, it is a hodge podge of Dark Side force users, enslaved aliens and armies which are led by these dark side force user : these all bear the name "sith" throughout various Old republic Era comics and the KOTOR games. If it wasnt for Bane, the sith wouldnt have existed long enough for sidious to dominate the galaxy. Also dont forget, the character of Darth Bane is a creation of George Lucas', not some fanboy at Bioware or DarkHorse comix :p

mtfbwya

This type of study is one of useless knowledge. I read novels and books because they are entertaining. I thank god that I don't know everything about Star Wars. When knowing about Star Wars gets me a $100,000 a year job, then I will pay a lot more attention to the details.

This type of study is one of useless knowledge. I read novels and books because they are entertaining. I thank god that I don't know everything about Star Wars. When knowing about Star Wars gets me a $100,000 a year job, then I will pay a lot more attention to the details.

lolz@Batman.

If the "details" of SW dont interest you then its probably a bad idea to hang around in the EU forum !! Expanded universe implies extra detail ;)

Anyway, this is a thread about Dark Nest - lets get back on topic !

mtfbwya

• 6 months later...
And so has NJO Terros, but it isn't unstuck for the sake of new readers like me; I'm getting DN trilogy next week.

but thats like saying there should be a sticky for the jedi academy trilogy or the thrawn trilogy just because some people might not have read them.

it just clutters up the Eu forum with threads hardly anyone uses any more.

but thats like saying there should be a sticky for the jedi academy trilogy or the thrawn trilogy just because some people might not have read them.

it just clutters up the Eu forum with threads hardly anyone uses any more.

Heh, ever notice it's just the newer book series' that are "cluttering up" the forum?

^^^^

I created a thread for Timothy Zahn. Eventhough it is not a sticky, there is still a thread for his older novels.

I bought the 'Dark Nest' Trilogy when it first came out, but I never got around to read them. I have been scanning over this thread to see what is up. I am not a NJO follower.

If I have never read an NJO book in my life, would that series be necessary for me to enjoy this one?

Archived