Home

How will you receive mission details

starmark2k

I was just wondering if there will be any cinematics in the game like there was in Force commender or will it be like galactic battlegrounds (campaign mode) and have a screen with just the subtitles of what the person is saying before each mission.

If no one knows, how do you think they should give you your mission details before you go into battle.

Orders from the Imperial Senate? Since when do the Imperials listen to the Senate. :p

I think it will be like BFME jumping from planet to planet just killing the map get bonuses and move onto the next one. Some small dialog in there but basically generic missions.

Didn't stop the Rebels from being there in SWG LOL. Nevertheless, they probably won't be there at the start, but you could maybe get a hidden base in there. Anyway, It will probably be generic missions as said. Attack/defend this. Unless you can blockade a planet, then that would be a mission probably as well.

Didn't stop the Rebels from being there in SWG LOL. Nevertheless, they probably won't be there at the start, but you could maybe get a hidden base in there. Anyway, It will probably be generic missions as said. Attack/defend this. Unless you can blockade a planet, then that would be a mission probably as well.

Well, a hidden base sounds more plausable than a whole city atleast. :D

Lets not bring up the disturbance in the force that SOE has caused. I hope the next SW MMO RPG will be more successful....

Back on topic: Storybased missions are the most popular of them all they would explain what is happening before the Rebel's destroy the DS. We will get very little to no dialog in the missions. Just by looking at the way the game is set up you just know thats not the way it will go. In a huge story driven franchise like Star Wars generic missions could hurt this game. It won't affect me as much but since most of you only play SP I would be worried.

I don't know what in the world your talking about Froz. SP can do fine on generic missions. Just look at the Total War series. All just generic missions at intervals. The key thing? Your allowed to do whatever you want in between those missions.

Story based missions are all fine and good and all but are rarely any better than generic. Usually just generic missions with a bunch of dialog. Few games have ever been able to do it without making it feel less like a strategy game.

And I can't say I ever thought of a strategy game with SW being story driven. I'm hoping against them using a story save for the very beginning in this game.

Now of course, if they don't just give them to you in random intervals, then we have a problem. Then it will end up like BFME.

My Ideal mission system:

Free control over all your forces

Allowed to do whatever you want, conquer, defend, advance, hold back, whatever.

Receive missions at various points in the game and choose which ones to take.

Rinse and repeat.

I think that for the rebels you would get certain optional missions from Mon Mothma, and mini quests from people asking for help. For the imperials I think Vader could give you missions, which would also be optional, and governers would ask you for assistance with getting rid of some rebels.

Archived