Home

Guess who's famous!!!

Writer

I was the number one google result for ET Warrior.

I win.

However, as a thread this lacks anything of discussion, so howsabout we change it to discuss brushes we have had with real fame, be it meeting someone famous, seeing someone famous, or being in a position where you gain notoriety? I like this idea, because otherwise this threads toast ;)

Can you type in your real name and have either yourself appear or a guy with your name appear? My little sister is actually the second result in Google. She broke the IL 100-meter dash record for her age or something. There are two guys with my name. The first is the VP of some company who actually did something with XBOX games and Game Crazy (the video game retailer owned by Hollywood Video). The odd thing there is I've worked at Hollywood for a year now (just put in my two weeks notice and am going to Blockbuster :D) and own an XBOX and stuff. Freaky. The other one is some coach somewhere and winner of some sport awards or something.

And type Katarn07 into Google, you'll get a ****load of results. From here, from EB, from GF, from BioWare, from WotC, from KKFF, from SW official site, etc.... Most of those places were a short time spent about a certain thing. LF and EB are the only places I've been registered at for some time, still visit, and probably will for a while longer.

I got rather famous for making models in JA. Between my Stick Man, Mario Bros., and GIR models, I actually have a signifigant amount of fans. I did actually get file of the week several times on jk3files, and got on the top d/led list several times at jk3files and lucasfiles. You can find a pack of my work here, though Luigi's feet seem to be missing in that pack for some reason. >_>

Currently the #1 google result for "IG-64" is my account at EchoBase, though I barely have any posts there. You'll also find links to my models and my accounts at other random forums.

Oh, and I saw Alberto Gonzales at my sister's graduation. My sister's seen Billy Bob Thornton at the museum she used to work at, and some guy from the Broncos came into EB Games when she was working there, and bought a bunch of stuff. I've also been pretty close to several Astros players when I got dugout seats at a game. And last but not least, my friend's dad talked to George Lucas while he was patrolling an airport during the superbowl here.

Going with ET's suggestion, I met a bunch of Bulls players from when they were good. No one special, but I got their autograph and stuff. They were at schedule events at card or sporting good stores or even my grade school.

My best #1 celeb story. I left school early sometime in the fall to go downtown with my sis. We went shopping at the Cubs shop across from Wrigely. And we're turning into McDonalds across the street. Who do we see getting out of a Merc and going into Wrigley? Mark Prior! Oh God, that kicked ass! He was right there across the street :D

....I am SO jealous of lightsaberboy. SO JEALOUS!!! CURSE YOU!!! I even have the perfect T-shirt to wear when meeting him.......

pvp_joss_whedon.jpg

I wore that shirt to work last week...not many people recognized the name..

sheez....just when you thought ET couldnt get any geekier :(

mtfbwya

I walked right into Robert Plant once, almost spilling his drink. Here's the story:

I was the soundguy at an upscale hotel nightclub outside Boston. The act we had was some semi-legendary blues artist (I had heard of him, but wasn't familiar with his music.)

Between sets I was tweaking some stuff and had to run back to the storage closet, when I bumped pretty hard into someone in the crowd... a skinny, middle-aged guy with long, curly, blonde-ish hair. "Oh, sorry. Excuse me..." I said in my rush. "No problem, mate!" was the distinctive, high-pitched response, delivered with an English accent and an almost girlish-like giggle.

Me: Stopped in tracks. Slowly turn head around. Thinks: "Wait... I know that voice! Is that?.. Naw, couldn't be? Could it? Well... he is playing in town this weekend... And that would explain all the big tour buses I saw out front as I came in. Huh."

A few discreet inquiries with the hotel staff did confirm that Robert Plant was staying at that hotel, that weekend. The show did seem like something that he would have been into too...

Of course, in my line of work, I meet famous musicians all the time. I tend not to make a big deal out of it. This was a bit different.

Other 'celebrity' moments of mine:

Hanging out with Carlos Santana for a couple of hours. Really nice guy. Got to watch him soundcheck all the songs off his album that won all the Grammys a couple of years ago.

Having cake and Champagne backstage in celebration of Ian Anderson's (from Jetro Tull) 50th birthday with him.

Sipping coffee with Henry Rollins. (He made the coffee...)

Having dinner (if you can call sitting and eating at the same table in catering with someone 'having dinner' with them) with Bonnie Raitt and Paula Abdul.

Blasting feedback at the guys in the Spin Doctors until they got up and left.

Watching Enrique Iglesias start a really messy food-fight with his band about 10 minutes before the show was supposed to start. They all had to go back to thier dressing rooms and take another shower and change all thier clothes afterwards, and the show started a half-hour late because of it.

Heh heh...

Trust me, once you are doing it, it hardly seems all that glamorous. For every good professional band you get to work with or hear, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of mostly really crappy local bands you have to suffer through. Then the hours are usually long and grueling, and the money often isn't all that great. Then there's the possibility of some stoned-out roadie dropping something heavy on your head from 50-feet up (which almost happened to me at a Courtney Love concert. Imagine... getting your head smashed in and dying for Courtney Love... *Shudders*)

Then there's the possibility of some stoned-out roadie dropping something heavy on your head from 50-feet up (which almost happened to me at a Courtney Love concert. Imagine... getting your head smashed in and dying for Courtney Love... *Shudders*)

You wouldn't be the first.

(Zing! Wait, I'm zinging Kurt Cobain...does this mean I'm going to Hell?)

Now Edlib, it'd really surprise me if you said you met Frank Zappa. Did ya?

I meet a few of the wrestlers from the now defunct WCW....

Yea, not that spectacular. They where pretty cool though.

I have some pics of me with with Ric Flair, Ray Mysterio jr., Eddie Guerrero, Disco Inferno, Saturn...

Oh and I saw Mean Gene Oakerland. He was so drunk he could barley walk.

----

A friend of mine and his dad where in Denver a few years back. They were at the airpost. My friends name is John. Anyway, his dad calls to him and John Elway turns around.

----

Ted DiBiase spoke at my highschool when I was a senior. He put a friend of mine in the "million dollar dream."

-----

My mom meet Lucy Ball at a event of somekind. They sat at the same table.

Thats all I can think of. Nothing really spectacular.

My Filefront profile appears the first, anyway I've found that there are about 2 guys who stole my name, one in HL2 and one in WoW...i mean, who is more stupid than me to put this stupid name?

Is something weird..it was my name only!! ;_;

i hate you wildjedi for making me search my name in google!..watch your back!...i'm the original1!!11!

*runs crying home*

Archived