Home

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry nothing has been announced or even hinted at. Even though RC is perfect for a sequel. I mean look at the way it left off. Perfect. As of now there is no plan to make one. Though who knows, maybe Lucasarts will surprise us.

There were rumours of an "Imperial Commando" before, wherein you become an Imperial Commando (what a surprise) and hunt down Jedi and Rebels. It's a great idea, if you ask me and has a lot of potential. I mean, imagine Delta Squad in a silver-black armour with a red visor!

Sorry nothing has been announced or even hinted at. Even though RC is perfect for a sequel. I mean look at the way it left off. Perfect. As of now there is no plan to make one. Though who knows, maybe Lucasarts will surprise us.

He's right. Everything right now is pure speculation and wishful thinking. Sadly...

Every other thread posted on the official LA forums is asking about RC2, so you should feel lucky!

Though I wish they had patched up the MP game instead of abandoning it. I'd rather see that first before a full fledged sequel. Or would they do like with SWBF.... ie: instead of fixing a broken MP game, release a sequel that does what they advertised the first time around? ;P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Republic commado werent as popular as battlefront

thats why they are making Battlefront 2 but not republic commando 2

Ill check lucasarts web for signs though

I liked Republic Commando but once u had completed it there wasn't anything 2 do after

Maybe they'll make RC2 next.

lol, when i finished Republic Commando i played it again.

Obviously making a second game should be great and i would be first in line to buy iy but theres a problem. The first game ended on Kashyyk which is the last place where the clone wars end. So I recommend they make a remake of RC instead of a sequel that way the skies the limit for new Enemies, worlds and enviromenments. Mainly new worlds i prefer to have less levels on more worlds. Did you guys know that if it wasn't for a few creative people the original RC was going to take place only on Geonosis. How boring would that have been fireing at giant insects for hours at a time.

Remake it, so soon? With what?

If they were going to create a multiplayer only "companion sequel" for it (like Epic did with Unreal/Unreal Tournament) I'd be in favor of that. ;)

If they'd refined the MP format, put in the usual features of modern FPS games, etc. it could have been quite cool. Done right, I'd definately buy something like that.

On the other hand, they wouldn't need to follow Delta Squad. If they were literally following the movies, they'd have to skip around with Order 66. But they could also have had later missions where you hunt down the remaining Jedi (assuming Vader didn't do that part all by himself) in the 20 years between trilogies.

They have plenty of "time" to make a sequel, the question is, would the events they cover (other than the direct Episode III stuff) be of internet to many gamers? Then again, they did make up a lot of stuff for this game...

battlefront 2 is awesome!! they went from 2 player co-op on the first Battlefront to 4 players on the sequal. if they make either Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando, it should be a 4 player co-op as Ghost Recon or some of the other swat team based games are coming out now.

battlefront 2 is awesome!! they went from 2 player co-op on the first Battlefront to 4 players on the sequal

actualy you can have up to 68 players on SWBF2 online on the PC, infact I think it might be unlimited

and co-op should be a 4-player clone team (who work just like Delta sqaud, can rev, same waeapons, etc.) and have a mission, the other team is a 4-6 player team of Tradoshans/who ever you are fighting at that time, trying to stop you completing your mission, with the ability to command NPC's to prepare for attack, fortify, prepare defences, cover you, or come with you and ambush Delta Sqaud

Archived