Home

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I thought that the game was very well made. The thing that I really would have liked better though was if it was longer. MORE MISSIONS! Maybe more weapons too, though the game worked out nicely with the amount of weapons.

What ideas for missions do you think could have been put in the game?

• 4 weeks later...

I think you should have the clone mini gun. The tran. version was pathetic in combat + it didn't look cool enough on a commando.

Mult.:

On Mult. Player the two teams should be RCs vs. Trandos. it's perfect.

Rumor:

I hear that in the first mission SEV hase both of his legs broken and you have to carry him to the ship.

']Will there be one? I for one want a sequel...

If it's allready in progress would you please point me in the right direction?

I think there will be, because (i think seven) seven got kidnapped at the end of the last level, if u remember. But dont ask me, what story it could be.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a big enough follower of SW to make a recommendation for a story line for Republic Commando 2 but I have some ideas I would like to see.

1. Return of Sev - While on on a mission on Trandosha, they encounter a droid or Trandoshan carrying a Republic Commando weapon that seems 'familiar'. This raises question amongst the pod regarding the loss of Sev. Returning from the mission during their debriefing they are strangely granted 'leave'. Just so happens they are passing near Kashyyyk. (wink wink). Obviously they decide to 'drop in'. No prizes for guessing the rest.

2. I would love to see more non combative features in the game. Get to know the characters better. Perhaps things get worked into the storyline. Repairs/non combative missions ect where information is overheard and turns out to be good intel or something like that. This will help break up the 'boom boom boom ' action.

3. Extra combative interaction: How about some vehicles - especially air combat. :) I would also like the option of perhaps capturing enemies instead of killing them. This opens up the idea of interogation - Could you include interogation into a FPS?

4. Include Wookies into your team. I would love to be able to include armed Wookies in my team at different stages. Have them as part of the team or instruct them to act on their own or as part of an independant group.

These are just my thoughts. I would LOVE to see a sequel. Especially if it remains true to the original.

MDB

People have already said this but *it's a really good idea* :p ...

I thought this might make a good co-op game (in campaign). Play as any member of the squad (SP or co-op). Or have a different player character (squad member) for each level ( i.e. level 1: Boss, level 2: Scorch, etc.).

Another thought... Perhaps give each member of the squad an advantage in their area of expertise; for example, Fixer slices faster than the others, Scorch carries more AA rounds, Sev carries more sniper rounds, and Boss gives the orders (like the original).

Chill out, MachineCult!

Anyway, I think a few of us were hoping that we'd learn something at last month's E3, but no word has come of any planned sequels or expansions, not even rumors!

So it's still just a dream for now... mod makers are our only hope.

Just thought I would brag - Yesterday I played RC begining to end non stop. It only took a tidy 9 1/2 hours to do it. Its the second time I played it all the way through since I bought it 6 days ago. I LOVE Republic Commando!

Anyone else had marathons like this? I havn't done anything like this since I was a teen. By the way, any other girls members here?

MdB

No!

Novels written by some guy who was inspired by the game, he wrote stories continuing the story of the game.

Anyway...

Check this out.

An actual mod for the PC game which adds an extra mission to look for Sev, but there are poor instructions on how to install the mod. Try it out.

If it works for you, tell me how, it doesn't work for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived