Home

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
then we should totally send an email to them about this. that might get their attention.

You go send those e-mails, then. I doubt you'll get a response.

There are people from LA on here. Hundreds of people have signed a petitions for a KotOR3, I doubt they would listen to 3 or 4 RC fans...

We can't be sure if there's any LucasArts employees here, and i'm sure that they're not just watching people moan about sequels.

Online petitions don't work. They never have, and I doubt they will for a very long time. All they do is allow people to vent.

And you're right - 3 or 4 people won't make a difference.

Don't underestimate the amount of Republic Commando fans... And the the book series continue as Imperial Commando so there's a chance they'll make a sequel.

I severely doubt it. There's a reason why the game's content was licensed as a book series - because there's not much LucasArts wants to do with it. I can't say I blame them. For however many fans there are, the game didn't sell well enough for it to even warrant talk of a sequel.

That's why the books are there - to continue the story (in an albeit ham-fisted way).

RC2 will be awesome!

There's not going to be one, though.

ya they have a point what if they are just waiting for her to finish IC to make or release a RC@2?

They wouldn't be waiting for Traviss to finish anything - they don't work together. She writes stories based on the game, yes, but what she writes doesn't have any bearing on what LA could do if they even wanted to make a sequel.

It's exactly like George Lucas doesn't have to observe the canon of expanded universe elements if he makes a film, just like LA don't need to follow Traviss' stories if they make an RC2.

Nothing we say here can garuantee anything, it's all rather what if rather than it is or something similar to that. We don't know that any RC after this first one will be succesfull and LA wouldn't waste money to test that theory, Astor has the right idea on the amount of revenue produced with the first RC, it wasn't enough. Every idea presented here is obviously skeptical {well, everything everywhere for that matter:)}

RC2 is simply a nice goal, though. Karen Traviss is one of the many employees who follows LA's orders onto what Canon is, so whatever Canon Karen Traviss writes that has been cleared with the brass at LA is canon, and the whole system is quite confusing...

As I said earlier, everything on this subject is rather skeptical due to all the reasons listed in various posts by different people on this topic...

RC2 is simply a nice goal, though. Karen Traviss is one of the many employees who follows LA's orders onto what Canon is, so whatever Canon Karen Traviss writes that has been cleared with the brass at LA is canon, and the whole system is quite confusing...

She doesn't work for them. Anything she writes is subject to change. She writes for Lucas Books - which is part of Lucas Licensing. Canon is subject to change - just because there's some books around doesn't matter.

And what she writes isn't approved by LucasArts. It's approved by Lucas Books. LucasArts is still in control of RC's IP though. She's 'borrowing' it, if you like, but she doesn't get final say in what happens.

She is under commission, though. That's the way all of the SW books are written, I mean the books from LB, the authors are offered commissions if they'd like to write the book. The system is very selective and chooses only the authors that show promise or have already shown their promise through other books based on other Science Fiction environments. You're right, final say is up to the guys at LA {or whatever, the guys who are in charge of this stuff}, who send the word down to LB, who give it to the commissioned author.

Archived