Home

hmm. I think that Dar'ika is right. Delta Squad should rebel. Plus, I think the next game should be like the Search for Sev. Oh, and here is another squad that rebelled. The Hand of Judgement. Delta Squad should rebel, because they did not exactly follow orders in the first game. See, if they made it that in fact the "Clone Army" captured Sev, that would invigorate a rebellion. Because, Sev would never go down to seps, and you know it. I think that it was the clones that capture Sev. Conspiracy theory

You guys should read the Imperial Commando novel...

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's an idea; a sandbox Republic Commando game? Like the Mercenary games, only a little 'dummied down' if I had to phrase it.

Mmm, I like that idea. :p Perhaps Sandbox/RPG? You slowly make your way up through the ranks until you take over your own squad and work with a jedi or something...

hmm. I think that Dar'ika is right. Delta Squad should rebel. Plus, I think the next game should be like the Search for Sev. Oh, and here is another squad that rebelled. The Hand of Judgement. Delta Squad should rebel, because they did not exactly follow orders in the first game. See, if they made it that in fact the "Clone Army" captured Sev, that would invigorate a rebellion. Because, Sev would never go down to seps, and you know it. I think that it was the clones that capture Sev. Conspiracy theory

I agree they should search for Sev.

I think at this point a new story line would be better, especially with Sev gone.

Yeah, an entirely new squad would be best. Delta's story has been told through the first RC, and Omega's story was told by...Traviss... >>

I agree they should search for Sev.

Lol, he's saying quite the opposite. :p

^Yeah, I believe the fans would like having a new squad that you could choose the names of possibly, and for the most part train them up like you want.

Why not rather than choosing names, you choose the clones themselves? Based on personality and such. So, start like the original RC, in the tank. Then as a child, where you being training (probably a short level, or two.) and as you continue to age (quickly), your reactions to the other clones decides who becomes your squadmate later on. Make it very much RPG-ish.

Why not rather than choosing names, you choose the clones themselves? Based on personality and such. So, start like the original RC, in the tank. Then as a child, where you being training (probably a short level, or two.) and as you continue to age (quickly), your reactions to the other clones decides who becomes your squadmate later on. Make it very much RPG-ish.

Now THAT is a game I would play :D.

To add to the RPG theme they would obviously have to integrate some type of skinning function to customize the armor ("noob friendly" of course).

If there were to be a sequel, I would like more single player and multi player game modes.

Things like Survival, where you would fight of an impeding horde of Battle Droids and Supers

Co-Op Campaign

Arena Mode for MP

In any case, I doubt there will be a sequel. When was the game released? 5 years ago? Although Team Fortress 2 (to name but one) was 9 years in development.... You never know.

• 1 month later...

ok, guys, and gals. I think that Republic Commando NEEDS a sequel. I may not be a person whom is well educated in business, but i dont see how this could ever be a BAD move. I think that Lucas Arts really needs to take advantage of the new tech in the gaming field. they need to bring some of Video games greatest minds together and make a game that in my opinion (if made right) could surpass even some of the bigger and more popular next gen games, like maybe even the Halo series. I think that if Lucas arts is monitoring these forums, then they should hear my cry!! Yo, we need a new RC. man shooters are rocking the market lately, i mean look at:

"Gears of War"

Halo 3 and ODST

Call of Duty

Uncharted

Army of Two

.......................and so much more, ok the things that make these games great is their storylines and their gamplay and their other features like:

custamization (armour, weapons...etc)

multiplayer (online and offline)

and one of the best things for some gamers---GAMER POINTS (or achievements on Xbox360)

...............................these are all concepts that the RC game can easily fit into a new game, and with all these, the makers simply have to make this game super amazing gameplay and story, and you have maybe even a Game of the year award....MAN this game could make a KILLING in our market today....i think that NOT to make a sequel would be a FOOLISH and STUPID move by LUCAS ARTS....

Just my thoughts, im hopeing for some other people to share my opinion...because i speak for ALL the gamers out there who have gotten MAD at lucas arts, because they beat RC and for years waited and HOPED for a sequel...and now i have lost count of the years since the last game...cant wait for replies, im ready and anxious to hear any oinions.

Well, we all know that the possibility of an RC2 coming out would be........ 1/1,000,000,000,000? Although it would be great, it's very impossible. All we can do is guess, even though it's been what, 5 years since the 1st came out, now?

• 3 weeks later...

Yes,maybe so , but i have faith in Lucasarts, that atleast monitore the interest in their products ! I mean , they won me as a fan forever with Republic Commando, i`m playing the game since 2005 and haven`t stopped yet... it is unique , but a second game is totally necessary ! The story line,the graphic, the whole idea was pure GOLD ! I mean the game is still playable for some many ppl , look at xfire rating for example ... I read somewhere that the rest of the delta joined the 501st, and the idea of Imperial Commando seems more realistic, but hey... storm troopies are lame , we all want the good old republic spirit back ! Lucasarts can make a superb second storyline ... like , the replacement for sev turns out a traitor,but sev saves them or something ... oh come on, you all know that a RC2 would make a boom in the markets for sure !

@Koietovascorch: Welcome to LF! Yes, we all know that would be great, but right now LA is in a kid-friendly phase with Star Wars. Although I don't see an end to TCW any time soon (although I wish I could), my hopes are focused on them making an RC2 (or an IC, which would just as great) after they're done with TCW.

Welcome to the Forums, Koietovascorch! :)

but right now LA is in a kid-friendly phase with Star Wars.

I wouldn't call it 'kid-friendly'. They are not making games for children they are making them for general fans, which is all ages because...well, it's Star Wars and lot's of people have grown up with it.

Maybe this is just a prelude, you know the clone wars... and suddenly republic commando 2 pops-out of nowhere, as an easter egg for example ?[/Quote]

Hm, I really don't know about that. TCW is generally where the RCs did their work. So there wouldn't be much to base a game on durring that period. Now, if your talking about making a game with Imperial Commandos, that makes since. ;)

I mean LUCASARTS can`t be so blind to notice that RC is a gold mine :p

LucasArts is so blind Jesus couldn't heal them.

Alas, the sales of RC weren't as high as others in it's time, and now........ well, it's plainly irrelevant compared to their TCW cash-cow.

I think that is due to change, or at least hopefully it will. Everyone is become quite sick of clones.

Archived