Home

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, if you think about it, there are some really good MMORPGs. EVE Online for example, is something that I wish I could play. $15 dollars a month isn't gonna work for me right now though :( But there are others, of course.

.. leaving RC to die is a lack of respect towards the fans :(

Hardly. It seems, unlike everyone else here, I can't see why there 'should' have been a sequel.

"But Sev's alive!" - He could well be, yet soldiers die in war. And when you breed them in test tubes, it's much easier to grow a replacement than it is to potentially waste more men and resources on a rescue mission.

The game was only ever intended to bridge the gap between Episodes II & III from the point of the view of a soldier. And when you consider that the game was then hampered by only average sales, and supported by a pretty lucrative book contract (especially for a video game), goes even further to explain why there was no sequel in the form of a game.

So it's hardly a 'lack of respect'.

Astor,clearly everyone has their point of view , and clearly you don`t like the game / or / your just a pesimist ,

I hardly think i'd be the moderator of this board if I didn't like the game. I'm sorry if my tone comes off as pessimism. :)

And yes, everyone is entitled to their views - I merely sought to point out that your claim that LucasArts/LucasLicensing doesn't respect the fans of this franchise isn't entirely true because it's seen massive support in the shape of the book series (although, admittedly, they are about another squad. And I will admit to not liking them), and an entire language to go along with it.

Well you think LA would've released a sequel by now if they had planned on it, it's only been what...5 YEARS.

Okay, let`s say you are right , then , if they hadn`t even thought on a sequel , why did they make the ending so ... so " Oh man , when is the second game going to come out !?" You know that`s a bit sadistic

Seems like something Sev would do :p

why did they make the ending so ... so " Oh man , when is the second game going to come out !?" You know that`s a bit sadistic :D

They didn't make it like that. It was by no means a great ending, but it didn't leave you hanging either. The Kashyyyk mission was completed, end of story.

Now that I think about it, I guess what I like most out of RC was that it was a Star Wars FPS. I could care less about the clones. To be honest I'm rather sick of them at the moment, actually. So for me I would just like to see another FPS. Simple as that.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope there will be a 'Republic Commando 2'.

But they won't be "imperial commandos", unless they change the storyline to a different squad.

Delta and Omega squads immediately disobeyed Order 66, most probably because they didn't trust Palpatine? Not too sure why they disobeyed it but hopefully for a good reason.

But ideas for a second game? Well the most obvious answer is something along the lines of:

Although Delta Squad's advisor is sworn to secrecy about the real nature of their mission on Kashyyyk. The advisor tells them, and they work to bring down the Empire from within. Sev survives but is captured by Trandoshan slavers and the hunt is on as Delta Squad follows in Sev's tracks, perhaps meeting rebels and imperials alike?

It could work maybe.

Archived