Home

umm, i never played any of the KOTOR games, some people would probably be really pissed about that, but i am just not that much of a PC guy, so you'll have to forgive me if i reply to that one with "i don't get it"

I even read the half-finished feeling Imperial Commando: 501st book. It was good, but it didn't go far enough into Delta. Darman and Niner's stories are still very important to the whole Republic Commando world, but Delta was where i started with the video game, i didn't get into the books until about 2 years ago.

Kind of an after thought, but i bought Republic Commando when i bought my original Xbox, and then sold the whole package after i got my 360. Finding Republic Commando again is actually hard to do. I searched 2 1/2 provinces to find a copy, and nothing, eBay is a hell of a thing, and there is a bunch of used copies for like $20, but someone managed to have a still wrapped copy of Republic Commando for the Xbox, and was selling it for like $100. Not going to roll out a hundy for something sealed, when i am just going to open it as soon as i get it. The moral of the story, is that i am a moron, and should not have sold it. You never know when you will have a nostalgia attack.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed. I bought the BoPC pack at target a while back. Great decision (irony is that I had all the games in it already for the 'Box ['cept JKO and EAW, which I had for the PC]. Still, they're fun to mod.). If you just want to buy RC, try Amazon. They've got copies of it for under $10 (not including shipping).

• 2 weeks later...

It is ABSOLUTLEY NECCESARY for a RC2. Here are a few reasons.

1. The storyline. LUCASARTS ended RC1 with Sev MIA, and Kashykk in the middle of an invasion.

2. The popularity. PEOPLE LOVED #1! you will make money if you make second! :thmbup1:

3. I made an account just to post this so if you don't I WILL BE UPSETS :mad:

Here are also a few suggestions.

1. If it does start after order 66 or during 66 or INCLUDES 66 in the middle of it, you should do a thing like you did in Battlefront, Elite Squadron (At least for the DS. I don't know the stories for the other systems) Where Delta refuses to obey the order and go AWOL.

2. Sev should DEFINETLEY RETURN. I'm thinking he should have been captured bye 'bugs' and brought back to Geonosis and possessed like in the Clone Wars series. You can work out whether Delta is forced to kill him or whatever.

3. A burst fire/auto/semi mod for the DC

4. MULTIPLAYER of course.

5. VEHICLES

6. When 'covert' is in the mission description...seriously.

7. Put in a few missions without a 'shoot-em-up-blow-em-up' objective.

7a. spy/recon missions. Things were you get in big trouble if you make too much noise (Ex. in the first one, no one would EVER splice a door when they can breach it instead.)

8. Character development.

9. difficulty adjustment. Make the Geno elites and the SBDs a bit less...explosive. but put more of them in the game.

9a. Make it take longer to revive people/ make an option to double shock a person to bring them to full health, but it takes longer.

10. More maneuvers. those things are just plain cool.

11. LONGER. The first only took me about 10 hrs. in gaming time, that is SHORT.

12. secondary objectives, with rewards, such as a few clones to help out or something, or 'super power rounds' that give a clip of the normal DC extra power.

13. Interactive environments and enemies.

13a. make it so more of the stuff blows up XD

13b. make more of the droids, at least, fall apart. Like with the super battle droids, some armor falls off. but you should be able to take arms and maybe legs too. I'm thinking you should also be able to hit 'bugs' wings.

14. JET-PACKS. Even with low fuel, that has to recharge like in battlefront, that would improve game-play a lot, and show the geonosians who's boss

15. Melee weapons. things that do more damage (incredible) and have a longer reach than the little Wolverine attachment, or the pistol/shotgun stock smash, or the weird little jab with the chaingun.

16. BONUS. lol, try this if you can without screwing up. TROOPER VS. LIGHTSABER FIGHTS. not many of your games (no offense) have a good evened out thing with this. In battlefront II, the guy dies over time, but earns more time by killing. they can just camp at the CP. OBVIOUSLY the bosses should be harder than normal people, and maybe even be better than you health-and-firepower wise, but still, there needs to be more than a 1/1000 chance of actually BEATING HIM.

I hope you found this useful Lucasarts, and maybe even George himself if he reads these.

I hope you know you don't have to do all of these, or even any, except make the game :D

1. Skirmish possibilities

1a. defense missions. Take a few maps from the game and put something there like a damaged vehicle, then set a timer for like, a minute for people to set up traps and junk, then set it for ten or something and send in the droids!

1b. Battlefront imitation (hey, you made one and two, so you won't be sued:D) you know, a thing with a bunch of enemies and CPs

2. FIGHT....Things. (this one i really thought about) I was thinking maybe some kind of recharging 'adrenaline' bar, and when it is full, you can activate. go into slow motion, press a bunch of keys in a certain order in a certain time and take out up to like, six droids (INCLUDING SBDs and drodeikas) and/or a kind of boss thing, (Like with the magna guards in RC1, you just tried to avoid them and shoot them till the died) It could just be like, one person, or it could even be better if you had the whole squad.

3. Grenades. In the first one it is SUPER frustrating when you have a thermal, or emp, but want whatever those little green things are, and you can SEE the little pile of them, but you can't pick them up. I think you should make it like the loot weapons, make them interchangeable.

Hey all, sorry I haven't posted up in this board in quite a long time. I've been doing lots of other things, like graduating, and pursuing a career as a novelist. Anyways, I've been looking at some past posts, and I noticed the lack of discussion about these:

Thing 1

and

Thing 2

I know this might be old news to some of you, but I just thought I'd tell those who don't know, seeing as there's no mention of either of these here since the news broke.

Again, sorry I haven't posted in months/years. Don't expect any updates on the RC2 fanfic any time soon; it's still on indefinate delay. But, enjoy the news, discuss, yadayadayada.

I've shown this to people before, but most choose to ignore it. They were going to make an RC II, but LA canceled it. They are not going to make an RC II. Look at this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Imperial_Commando

You seem to ignore what I said. BTW, I saw E3 on TV and that unannounced Star Wars game is just a stupid Jedi game for Kinect.

You seem to ignore what I said. BTW, I saw E3 on TV and that unannounced Star Wars game is just a stupid Jedi game for Kinect.

just because you don't think anything is going to happen with RC2, doesn't mean the rest of us can't hope like hell, and maybe something will happen. It's not that the world is ignoring you, it just doesn't like what you have said.

i'm keeping up the hope that RC2 will happen. For the love of god, if Unleashed 3 is going to happen, than RC2 has a fighting chance.

I don't think LucasArts and Epic would have gotten Unreal 3 if they weren't planning on doing something with it.it does beg the question, "what will they do with it now that they have it?"

Getting ahold of the guy that did the original RC seems like a step in the right direction, but his resume as far as Star Wars games go is pretty extensive, so it could be another battlefront, or another x-wing game.

I say go the Tom Clancy route, and make a stealth game with the ARCs (a la Splinter Cell) and have it tie into a special forces game like the Republic/Imperial Commando (a la Rainbow 6/Ghost Recon) and tie all of that in with a combat flight simulator with TIE fighter, intercepters and the like (a la HAWX)

One big Star Wars family

The only Star Wars games that LA seems to ever make these days are stupid Jedi games. But, I would be so mad if LA wasted UnrealEd 3 on another Jedi game. Seriously, nobody cares about the Jedi. We want something else instead of having the Jedi story milked dry. They just don't make them like they used to. :( I would like to see a Halo style game about Arc troopers. I originally had a game idea for that and it turned into the Arc trooper mod.

Yeah, they do all seam to be Jedi games lately. Whatever happened to the old Star Wars Shooters? I mean, couldn't they at least do a combo like the Jedi Knight series? The way it is now, I wouldn't be surprised if their next game (after the dismal looking Kinect Star Wars) is Lego Dark Forces Star Wars V: Clone Podracers Unleashed.

As for the stuff with Unreal 3 and the RC guy, one can only hope. I'll also point out that Traviss said she couldn't write anything about Sev's fate, because LA still had the rights to that.

I think they should give the fans what they really want. The republic commando sequel should be set 300 years after the first game, and should be an MMO. Then they could write a tie in novel describing the fate of the main characters.

^How would that be a sequel to Republic Commando? The story would be completely different.

I'm guessing it's a thinly veiled jab at TOR because it's not KOTOR3.

In which case this isn't the place for it.

wow, seems like things have been rough around here in my leave. Well, at least theres still some fightin spirits here, but I do have to apologize fer my absence, iv been busy with AJROTC, school, work, and my future soldier program, ****s been hectic. But im back now if only fer the time being. I do have to say though, i agree about the jab at TOR and I personally have to say that that one guy who made the whole two posts about his awesomely epic game idea is a total moron. All he did was say basically to make another battlefront with RC/IC characters.

Has anyone read IC yet? its actually perty good, cant wait fer the next book, and lets keep spirits high in here boys, HOOAH!

^The next book was canceled. Some Galactic Civil War crap will be replacing it. As if we didn't have enough stories for that Era already... But still, LA did cancel RC II. just look at this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Imperial_Commando. Even if they did make RC II, I can guarantee that a lot of people will be disappointed with the outcome.

what ever happened to the good ol days?

They never existed. The 'good ol days' only appear so because back then they were creating/releasing/doing things people liked.

And any company that sets out solely to benefit society, with no thought of making money is doomed from the beginning.

I think what he meant to say was that the quality of the products LA has been releasing has greatly diminished.

The bar has definitely lowered. Look at what LA used to make (Battlefront, RC, KotOR) and what they make now (Lego games, mediocre TFU, random Clone Wars games). Its as if they are afraid to take risks anymore.

Archived