Home

The only LucasArts games I buy anymore are Force Unleashed, and in my opinion, the second one kinda sucked. Where is Battlefront 3??? Where is another Jedi Knight series game??? And most importantly, where is Republic Commando?????? If i were running LucasArts i could double their cashflow by just making those games, because i know a whole ton of people in real life and on the internet that loved those games. LucasArts is just too incompetent to realize this.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Republic Commando is as good to play today as it was in 2005, and you can't say that about a whole lot of games. Its been pretty timeless for a while now.

[spoilers Below]

The special thing about the game design is how involved you feel. The way the screen (by default) has the helmet graphic to make you feel as if you are in the suit. The way the other commandos engage in banter as you go along, so there is that bonding with them throughout the story line. It all makes you very attached, and makes Sev's abandonment, for me at least, genuinely annoying. The lack of sequel is a big disappointment; arguably, the game has an ending that is too abrupt. It is such a painfully massive cliff hanger that cancelling the second version is extremely frustrating.

IMO the overall success of TOR will determine the future of the type of games we see from LA. If it is a bust, we may see a return to the "good old days" along with the continuation of the Lego games (which are pretty fun, different...but fun [i have a younger brother so it is one way I can enjoy star wars with him]) and the clone wars games. However if it is successful we may not see many new games for a while, the only releases we will see are expansion packs (most likely).

It could always go the other way around (ie success = more, hopefully, high quality games while failure = less games, more TOR expansion patches to try to bring people in). But I definitely feel that TOR will determine the future of Star Wars gaming.

Regardless, I hope we see some quality games released (and I know many, if not all, of you feel the same way).

Just my two credits worth.

• 1 month later...

Lol, TOR is one of the most expensive games of all time. If it goes to hell, its dragging LA with it. They will become bankrupt if this fails.

From what I have heard of the game its got a great story line focus and is a combination of just about every RPG. Its probably gonna be like BF3 however and not take any of the WOW community at all.

Lol, TOR is one of the most expensive games of all time. If it goes to hell, its dragging LA with it. They will become bankrupt if this fails.

From what I have heard of the game its got a great story line focus and is a combination of just about every RPG. Its probably gonna be like BF3 however and not take any of the WOW community at all.

It would not just take LA, it might take Bioware (depending on how well Mass Effect 3 goes). But I feel that the the fact of the matter is that because it is a star wars game there will be fanboys that buy it no matter what.

But this convo is off-topic.

Again IMO the likelihood RC2 depends on the success of new Star Wars games...

lol ive been looking at this thread for years. how is it still alive.

Any way back to RC2, I think a Imperial Commando would be nice with a prologue set with the commandos going to the jedi temple to execute order 66.

Also why not add a new squad member? fill in the role of sev with a woman. yes, a woman.

Seeing as the empire no longer gets its clones from kamino it might make sense to get a merc to fill the role (she would specialize in stealth). sev could be part of the story and fixer should betray the squad I reckon and be the final boss while sev rejoins the squad to take fixers role.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm back, after a long hiatus. I have three things to say, which may answer three very important questions we all have. Hopefully this will finally give you guys some closure.

What did LA do with the Unreal Engine thing they bought? It was used for this: http://www.gamespot.com/news/star-wars-1313-revealed-6379758

What happened to BF 3? Where is it? Here's the news we've all been dreading: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-26-timesplitters-dev-was-working-on-star-wars-battlefront-3-and-4

Where's RC 2 and why hasn't it been made yet? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Imperial_Commando

Seems like ever since 2008, when LA had a change in management and their focus shifted to other things (this is also when that TCW crap started) LA has gone down the toilet.

EDIT: Also guys, check this out, you'll like it. It's nice to see Filoni hasn't forgotten about RCs.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
battlefront 2 is awesome!! they went from 2 player co-op on the first Battlefront to 4 players on the sequal. if they make either Republic Commando 2 or Imperial Commando, it should be a 4 player co-op as Ghost Recon or some of the other swat team based games are coming out now.

A co-op would be awesome. Like a L4D2 but Star Wars themed. And accessible vehicles would be great.

Archived