Home

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe We Could All Send Them E-mails With Our Ideas For RC2? Y'Know, A Game Cover (Yes, Im Talking To You Theone Thewayne), Game Storyline, Features, Weapon Pics And All. Maybe, Just Maybe, That Might Remind Them That THEY FORGOT TO MAKE A SEQUAL! (Sorry For Yelling) Because It's Perfect For A Sequal. The Advisor Says At The VERY End Of The Game, "Lock And Load, Deltas", So If They Don't Make RC2, Then That Leaves Everyone Hanging.

Maybe We Could All Send Them E-mails With Our Ideas For RC2? Y'Know, A Game Cover (Yes, Im Talking To You Theone Thewayne), Game Storyline, Features, Weapon Pics And All. Maybe, Just Maybe, That Might Remind Them That THEY FORGOT TO MAKE A SEQUAL! (Sorry For Yelling) Because It's Perfect For A Sequal. The Advisor Says At The VERY End Of The Game, "Lock And Load, Deltas", So If They Don't Make RC2, Then That Leaves Everyone Hanging.

What makes you so sure that they 'Forgot' to make a sequel?

Simply because something is 'perfect' or 'deserving' of a sequel in the eyes of fans, it doesn't simply follow that there must be a sequel. People keep assuming that LucasArts is supposed to make a sequel for their games - Battlefront, the KOTOR series and RC. They're under no obligation to make a sequel at all.

To quote myself from last year, when someone had the brilliant idea of lobbying for a movie -

To further elaborate on the costs, and the quite likely financial failure of such a venture, consider this:

In its year of release, Republic Commando sold just about 60,000 copies. Given that total sales of Xbox games in 2005 was 5.92 million, that means Republic Commando's sales account for little more than around 2% of the total sales for that year.

Even with the sales for the PC release taken into account, and sales for the years from then and now, it's still a marginal amount.

Even factoring in the additional sales past 2005, there's not enough there for a sequel.

The books, lamentable as they are, were licensed to continue the story beyond the game - because a sequel isn't financially viable for a game that didn't sell that well in the first place. Making a game is a huge risk - millions of dollars go into game development - far more than the cost of publishing a book.

Plus, if they were going to make a sequel, they'd have done it by now.

OK, this is a completely derailed spamfest. Locking....

Edit: I pruned the thread and left it open for now. If you had multiple posts deleted, you've earned yourselves some spam infractions. If you'd like this thread to stay open, please continue to keep it on topic. Thank you.

we could dress up as commandos and knock on their door?
I Don't Think They'll Listen To A Fake Commando :D. All I Can Do Is Hope That Somehow They Check This Forum And Decide To Make A RC2.

P.S. Lets Stay On-topic Because I Don't Want This To Be Closed.

ya good idea hmm... so what kind of equipment do you think they should use in rc 2

Any equipment would have to depend on when it is set - although the modular weapon idea was nice, if there were a sequel i'd definately like to see more variety in weapons and equipment.

ok hmm what would you want them to be equipt with in the Galactic Civil War era? whether it be imperial or rebel?

If they were rebels, they'd probably have a lot of stolen Imperial equipment - so I imagine that the equipment for both would be fairly similar - and it wouldn't be the Galactic Civil War without the E-11 blaster rifle.

If they were rebels, they'd probably have a lot of stolen Imperial equipment - so I imagine that the equipment for both would be fairly similar - and it wouldn't be the Galactic Civil War without the E-11 blaster rifle.
I Would Think They Should Use An Imperial Version Of The DC-17 Blaster, Because Even If It Did End Up Them Joining The Rebels, They Would Still Probably (If It Follows Up From RC) Start Is Imperials. And Of Course An Imperial Version Of The DC-155 Pistol, And Obviously They Wouldn't Need Electroshock Grenades Because There Isn't Anymore Droids.

They Would Probably Still Have Concussion And Thermal Grenades. Maybe They Could Still Have The Flashbug Grenades Too, Plus They Would Have The Anti-Armor And Sniper Attachments, With A Weapon Pick-Up Slot.

Now, Anyone Think That RC2 Should Have Same Squad Commands? They Might Be Able To Add Extras If They Assign Another Extra Button To Hold Other Than 'A' While Pressing The Directional Buttons.

i had an idea for RC2 story. the Battle of Kashyyyk we see in RC is the 1st. due to thinning Republic forces, the Republic would have to withdraw from certain planets to bolster forces elsewhere, giving the Seps the opportunity to move back to Kashyyyk, making teh battle in RotS the 2nd Battle of Kashyyyk. well, Scorch is suffering from chronic nightmares and eventually sneaks onto a shuttle. Boss and Fixer stow away. the shuttle lands on Ando (Aqualish homeworld and Sep planet) and Delta finds Sev horrendously scarred and bruised from interrogation. they get off the planet and return to a Venator-class Star Destroyer. they are caught and face court martial. but rather than be executed, they are sent to investigate recent surge of Sep activity on Qiilura (Hard Contact setting). Delta discovers that a small fraction of the bio lab was destroyed and the research on the anti-clone virus continues. they track down all clues across the known galaxy, ending up on Vjuun where construction of a massive ship is near complete. through master stealth skills, Delta get aboard the ship which is set to travel to Coruscant and bomb the planet with canisters full of the anti-clone virus. after assassinating the head of the project on the bridge, Delta works their way to the main reactor and destroy the reactor. they run like hell to the nearest hangar, nab a shuttle and make it off the ship. they then find out that the ETA to Coruscant was 10 minutes.

rather cliche, but so long as Sev returns, right?

Walon Vau would assist Delta whenever possible. the head of the virus project is a Kaleesh named Durag Qil Mulitee. Dooku is seen in a hologrom recieving a status report from Mulitee.

thats just about it. ive forgotten a bunch of stuff about it since i have moved onto brigger projects.

Archived