Home

Yes, the graphics could be greatly improved and the gameplay could be tweaked a little, but only a little ;)

I haven't read more than Hard Contact so I can't really say which side they'd pick, but back then there even WASN'T the Rebellion, so I guess Skirata is the only choice. And maybe a chance to push the Empire back? That wouldn't be that bad! Maybe take care of DV and Palpatine? Why the hell not!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe something involving Gunships? You know, call for an air strike, retrieval, reinforcements. But they should make the multiplayer cooler. Like, for example, you have to wait for 3 more players to join your side so you can be a squad. And maybe Imperial Commandos versus Republic Commandos? That would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have liked to have seen it on the Playstation 2 at release, but knowing Microsoft's 'golden handcuffs' deal with Lucasarts for certain titles, I wasn't surprised it was Xbox and PC exclusive.

Still, would've been nice.

That's not necessarily possible, because ALL clones were made to obey any order.

That's not true though if the Republic Commando books tell the truth. Omega squad doesn't follow the orders and half of it even ends up deserting to Mandalore with many other clones. They were trained to obey orders, but it's not like they can't refuse them too.

That's not true though if the Republic Commando books tell the truth. Omega squad doesn't follow the orders and half of it even ends up deserting to Mandalore with many other clones. They were trained to obey orders' date=' but it's not like they can't refuse them too.[/quote']

That's not necessarily possible, because ALL clones were made to obey any order.

Actually Dar'ika is correct. Not only Omega Squad rebelled, several others did as well. And I believe a number of ARC trooper rebelled too. They still have a mind of their own.

• 4 months later...

I get the feeling this game isn't going to happen...

Every time Lucas Arts makes a great game, they end up letting it die because they don't know how to reproduce their success, or simply don't want to exert the effort. When they release a pretty good game that could use some minor improvement, they usually screw up and make all the wrong changes (Battlefront II).

I get the feeling this game isn't going to happen...

The chances of a sequel are getting thinner all the time - it's now been five years(!) since Republic Commando was released.

And it's a real shame because Star Wars needs games like Republic Commando, which take the focus away from the Jedi and focus on the 'grunts' that we don't see so often.

It's a good game, but if someone at LA went back and made a sequel, it could be even greater.

Every time Lucas Arts makes a great game, they end up letting it die because they don't know how to reproduce their success, or simply don't want to exert the effort. When they release a pretty good game that could use some minor improvement, they usually screw up and make all the wrong changes (Battlefront II).

There is definitely something funky going on at LA, and I don't mean that in a Disco sense.

And Welcome to LucasForums, Vandros!

• 2 weeks later...

hmm. I think that Dar'ika is right. Delta Squad should rebel. Plus, I think the next game should be like the Search for Sev. Oh, and here is another squad that rebelled. The Hand of Judgement. Delta Squad should rebel, because they did not exactly follow orders in the first game. See, if they made it that in fact the "Clone Army" captured Sev, that would invigorate a rebellion. Because, Sev would never go down to seps, and you know it. I think that it was the clones that capture Sev. Conspiracy theory

Archived