Home

Republic Commando is a great game with an awesome story line. The ending was perfect for a sequel. That said, now that the next gen platforms are out game designers have raised the bar on both console and pc games. Call of Duty 4 in my opinion has set the standard for FPS gameplay. I would like to see RC2 utilize a similar engine as CoD4 with addition of squad command capabilities. The first one was great for its time and is still a blast to play but make the sequel the stuff of legends!:)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, I'm pretty sure there's still no news of an RC2 coming out but don't you think if LucasArts knew about Republic Commando's diehard fans they might make another??

I have been playing RC since its release and I still play, almost everyday along with an active RC community. We still have clans...we even still have tournaments... :D

Some of you might recognize the clan name {MotR} Mercenaries of the Republic. Well were still going strong, and with most other SW games to. But since RC is the biggest part of our clan we really need and RC2 Lol

http://www.motrclan.com

Is there any way to contact any LucasArts ppl to show them everything we do?? Maybe there not aware the hundreds of ppl still do tournaments for RC!!

Over and Out

-{MotR}Sanity{Vet}

Hundreds of people isn't nearly enough of a market for LA to justify an RC2. Furthermore, RC isn't the only LA game with a dedicated fan base; the JK camp is full, but does LA have another addition to the series in store for them? Nope.

^So true, I'm a huge fan of the RC and JK games and play them both fairly frequently though not so much online. I have little hope that a new addition for either series is going to come out. But I still wish they would, those are the types of games I do play over and over

^ ...Which implies a dying interest in the premise which in marketing terms means that it's not worth the risk to revive the series if not enough people are interested, which obviously goes against the human logic of most Star Wars fans anyways, but hey, that's consumerism for you. :/

I dont think that there will be a RC2. The first game ended right before Episode III started... So a sequel would have you playing for the Empire. And Imperial commandos do a lot of nasty things - not really suitable for a game.

And nobody start giving me this 'but they might rebel' crap - Order 66 is hard-wired into a Clone's mind. (I know one squad went against their programming - but it's bull in my opinion).

Although, I could maybe see an Indirect sequel, something along the lines of 'Star Wars: Rebel Commando' Where you're SpecForce soldiers fighting the Empire. I think that would be more likely. Plus, i'm sick of clones. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived