Home

More Kotor III Rumour News!

kookaburra

Might as well put this i don't know if it was look at yet

"BioWare definitely plans to continue the Jade Empire franchise," reads one of Muzyka's responses. "The Jade team did a great job with the first game in that series; we have great teams working on all of our games here. We've also said in the past that we're working on not just one, but two Xbox 360 titles. Enough said ; )"

That said, the pair shot down rumors that one of BioWare's two 360 titles was Dragon Age, its all-original fantasy role-playing game. "With Dragon Age--the first iteration of it, anyway--we're focusing on making it the most ambitious PC RPG we've ever done at BioWare," said Muzyka. However, just because it's not a current 360 project doesn't mean it won't be so in the future. "It's a franchise we own, so there will be other versions that will be on other platforms," Muzyka said, hinting a 360 version could be down the road.

ok i don't wanna say anything but this could either mean, bioware is working on JE2 for the 360 OR they could be maybe in a long shot doing KOTOR III :) I can only hope

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be very surprised if Bioware was making KotOR III.

Ye, I'd would also be really surprised if Bioware does the game. I'm on the Bioware forums a lot and most recently the Mass Effect forums and there were many questions about KoTOR 3 for a while at the start. The developer frequent there forums a lot, more than any other developers I can think of, and one did say outright that they will not be doing KoTOR 3 but they will be happy as long as Obsidian is doing it. Thats pretty much a direct quote but I'll try to find the link and quote on their forums, however, it might have been deleted.

Btw, I'm new here. KoTOR 1 is my second favourite game after Grim Fandango. Although I was disappointed at all of the plot wholes and lack of romance in KoTOR 2 I still though it was an excellent game with an intriguing storyline. I personally think Obsidian will make KoTOR 3 but I would not be surprised if LucasArts decides to develop it themselves, seeing as they seemed to be doing that before the whole turnover of company thing.

Thats my rant, these forums are great. Hi to everyone.

Can someone explain the combat, since I've never played the Jade Empire.

well, when u were fighting u press buttons like A Etc u know what i mean and by using the D-pad u change attack styles so instead of them givin u a hit, then u givin them a hit like in turns u can fight non stop without watin for ur turn to stab sombody with a saber lol

I can't believe bioware doesn't want to do Star Wars. After all Bioware kicked butt doing Kotor but they don't want to do Kotor III. I reckon they could've done both.

I know what you mean. I totally wish Bioware had continued with the series but I keep hearing from them that they want to go off and do there own IPs because they get more choice and freedom and of course, more cash. I think freedom was an issue when making KoTOR for Lucasarts and that was one of the reasons Bioware didn't do the 2nd. It's unfortunate because they probably would have been strong enough to make the game they wanted instead of releasing something to early, like Obsidian was pressured into doing.

I can't believe bioware doesn't want to do Star Wars. After all Bioware kicked butt doing Kotor but they don't want to do Kotor III. I reckon they could've done both.

It doesn't make any sense for Bioware to not do K2 but do K3. As soon as they announced they wouldn't be doing the second game, they were done with it. On to other things.

I don't know. How is that relevant? (I don't know much at all about the NN series, so excuse my ignorance if I'm missing something)

I'm just saying that if Bioware was still interested in the KotOR series, they would have done the second one. It's a costly venture to just change your mind with that kind of thing. I don't think Lucasarts would have it.

It's directly relevant - read your post, then Vlad's in quick succession ;)

Darth Fang: I don't know if you noticed, but MAMMOTH OR MAMOTH IS AN ADJECTIVE NOT A NAME :p

As for the rumour mill, I frankly (or fredly) see no real change in status since about three months ago....Rumour, rumour, more rumour and the salmon of doubt swimming through our minds...

(edithed for grammatical accuracy)

Then why did they hire Obsidian to make Neverwinter Nights 2?

They didn't hire Obsidian to do NWN2. Atari did.

It's directly relevant - read your post, then Vlad's in quick succession ;)

It's not relevant at all. Atari hired Obsidian to do the sequel to NWN2, just like Lucasarts hired Obsidian to do the sequel to KOTOR.

So vlad's post has no relevance at all to what the other poster (sorry, I forgot the username) said, unless you want to comment that the NWN2 forums are located on the bioboards.

But that has nothing to do with Bioware's decisions or any relevance to whether or not they'd skip K2 but then do K3. Atari made the decision that they wanted both NWN forums in the same place.

Would it really be that terrible if Obsidian made KOTOR III instead of Bioware? Yes, they cut some content and yes the ending was rushed, but that was more to do with LucasArts wanting the game to be finished by Christmas. Have you all forgotten how bug-riden the "out-of-the-box" version of KOTOR I was?

I loved both games, but prefer KOTOR II to I, the ending of II did leave me with a "hollow" feeling inside, kind of "well, what was the point of all that then?", but the journey to that end was fantastic.

As for the KOTOR 3 rumours, II came out around a year after I, and was announced relatively soon after I was released. There have still been no official announcements about 3 as yet, which I would guess means that LucasArts haven't yet made a decision, but that when that decision comes it will most likely be that there isn't going to be one. After all, LucasArts games tend to come in twos (Dark Forces I & II, Jedi Knight I & II, Battlefront I & II, etc, etc)

^^^^

That's good.

2006? Well I hope that they have enough time to finish the game.

I always thought that BioWare should have the task of doing KOTOR 3.

A combat system based on Jahe made de Empire? I've always wanted that.

HE made that e-mail up i bet

I know Obsidian did a mistake in cutting some parts of Kotor II but since Bioware said they arn't doing Kotor III then all our hopes lie with Obsidian then, hopefully they realize their mistake from the some failures Kotor II game made and finally anounce Kotor III and they learn to do what fans want and do a decent Kotor III by making Kotor III the way its surpose to be the OT Star Warsy way. *If you get what I mean that is*

I know Obsidian did a mistake in cutting some parts of Kotor II
Actually, their mistake wasn't cutting parts of TSL, it was planning to do them in the first place when they didn't have enough time to do so. I would guess that if there is a next time they will not be quite so ambitious and plan a little bit better. That can only lead to a better game.

Actually, their mistake wasn't cutting parts of TSL, it was planning to do them in the first place when they didn't have enough time to do so. I would guess that if there is a next time they will not be quite so ambitious and plan a little bit better. That can only lead to a better game.

Yeah! I agree with this... If Obsidian had to cut content, they should have done a better job at edditing. I think they could have found a way to cap things off properly.

They've (the developers) have pretty much said as much in post-TSL interviews. We'll see how NWN2 turns out to see if they did learn their lesson.

But at the very least we know they're aware of it should they happen to be the ones to develop K3.

Archived