Home

The attack of the remnants

This is totally fictional New Republic RP in the meanings that there was no Yuuzhan Vong assault. Otherwise, this is taking place a hundred years after the Battle of Endor. Some of the remnants are still well an kicking, even thought the republic has started to calm down on attackng them. Now only one self-appointed warlord stayed in hiding, growing his army slowly but surely and corrupting systems slowly, leaving his presence almost everywhere in the outer rim. He was a wise Sith, the last one to be exact. As he was a very nostalgic man, he started to rebuild Venator-class Star destroyers, and even a huge one for himself...

Name:

Alignment:

Race:

Appearance:

Bio/History: [Optional]

Other: [Optional]

Mine

Name: Thomas El'Karoth / Darth Tepe

Alignment: Evil

Race: Human

Appearance: Without the glasses

Other: Also works as a senator of Mimban

Flagship: IFS Predator

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Cole

Alignment:Good

Appearance: Cole is a tall, muscular man. His dark brown hair is cut very short... to avoid having to comb it. His eyes are grayish blue

Bio/History: Almost nothing is known about Cole before he joined the Jedi. He is very quiet, using simple 'yes' or 'no' answers whenever possible.

Other: Cole's only weapon is a dark blue lightsaber. He refuses to use anything else, though people who know him have tried to convince him to carry a blaster as well. A rumor has gone around that suggests he stole the lightsaber, but he never talks about it, so the truth of the matter is unknown.

A new republic ambassadorial ship landed slowly on one of the platforms of the senate. The chancellor was standing there with a couple of guards, his assistant and the vice-chancellor. "Welcome back, Senator El'Karoth" the chancellor said and bowed quickly before Thomas bowed more deeply and slowly, showing his appreciation towards his presence. "I'm glad to be back chancellor. I was told that the senate was voting on increasing their military strenght and I must say that I'm quite concerned of this vote. We at Mimban do not need any Republic soldiers disturbing our lives. Our own city guards should do just fine. All we need is cheaper equipment and training, not some republic zombies, trained to obey" he explained as they walked down the red carpet and towards the office of the chancellor. "Oh, but we must ensure that the same chaos and destruction doesn't happen again that to the Old Republic" the chancellor expained with a smile, the guards walking just behind them. "But chancellor, this might cause the Mimbanian government vote for seperation from the Republic" he said, his head down a bit. The chancellor stopped and turned towards the senator quietly. "But you have power and can influence their decisions, right?" the chancellor asked but Thomas shook his head. "I am terribly sorry, chancellor, but I am only a senator, and most of the old rulers have stepped away or died. I do not know how many votes we could have. Us Mimbanians like our peace and quiet" he said and shook his head again. A beep came from his comlink and Thomas looked up at the chancellor. "Excuse me, but I have urgent business to attend to. I shall be in the voting" he said and rushed off, leaving the chancellor behind him

Not far from the Senator's ship a much smaller ambassadorial ship approached the Senate building. When it landed, Cole got off and went into the Senate arena. People were just beginning to arrive, but the gigantic building still seemed mostly empty. A senator approached and Cole half turned to face her.

"Are you here to take part in some of our debate?" she asked. Cole frowned.

"No."

"Surely a Jedi must have good reason to be here," she pressed.

"Perhaps."

"And you're not going to say why you're here?" she wondered.

"No." He turned and looked out into the arena again. "You'd best get to your box. More senators are arriving by the second."

With a sigh, she gave up trying to figure out what a Jedi might be doing there and followed his advice.

As the senators started flowing into their pods, Thomas was still absent. he was discussing furiously with the Mimbanese high officials. If the army would be created, Mimban would drop... this was the conclusion that they made...

Thomas rushed into the Mimbanian pod quickly, only to meet the eyes of his assistant. "sorry I'm late" he whispered and sat down. "They were just about to vote" the assistant whispered abck and looked over at the chancellor. Thomas sighed and as the vote came, voted for Nay, hoping for the right decision in the Mimbanese way of thought

Cole watched the voting carefully, taking note of the body language of the senators he could see. Some seemed open to the creation of an army. Others despised the idea. Cole knew what he would choose if he'd been a senator rather than a Jedi. But he knew it was not his place to even attempt to change the opinion of any of the senators. In fact, if the Jedi were intent on changing senators' minds, they'd be better off finding another Jedi to do it. Cole was not a talkative man.

The vote was a yes, unfortunately for the councellor. He slumpted onto his chair silently, burying his face onto his hands. This wasn't good. A few pods of the negative-minded systems emptied quickly with a riot, the the Mimban pod's senator stayed there. The pod detatched from it's place and hovered silently towards the middle. the councellor looked up at him and shook his head, then sighed. "Yes? What is it senator El'Karoth?" he asked as Thomas stood up. "The Mimban system, after this very difficult vote, declares itself as seperated from the Republic and draws itself from the Galactic Senate" he said loudly, his hands on his belt buckle, holding themselves there. The pod hovered to it's place as the senate went wild of this decision. As the pod was back tightly in it's place, Thomas and his Mimban assistant left to clear the senator's office quickly, a large ship jumping out of hyperspace, not seen in hundred of years at max... A Venator-class star destroyer hovered over the planet and a sshuttle flew up from it's now open hath in the top of it.

The senate fell into a state of chaos as more negative systems and planets detatched from the Republic

Cole winced at the Senator of Minban's announcement. History was repeating itself. With a small sigh, he turned and left the Senate Arena and made his way back to the Jedi Temple. He was expected and was allowed immediately before the Council.

"The vote to create an army has passed," he announced. "In light of this, Senator El'Karoth of Mimban has announced the withdrawal of Mimban from the Republic and the Senate."

"You appear to be troubled by this, Master Cole," one of the Council said quietly. "You have permission to speak."

"History is repeating itself," Cole answered quietly. "This Republic will fall, just as the one before it did."

"You despair too quickly. We who know history can remind those who forget. The Republic will hold."

"Perhaps," Cole murmured. With a bow, he left the Council to get some rest.

Thomas quickly boarded his personal shuttle that rose from it's platform, but insted of going to the IFS Predator, it flew to the Jedi temple. The senator... ex-senator soon walked up to the jedi council because of urgent matters. "I am sorry to disturbe you, council..." he started, knowing that they knew of his jedi past. "I may lead the 'seperatist' movement with my withdrawal from the senate, but I will not start any alliances. I shall have it made certain that the Mimban system will stay out of other seperatist, alliances or rogue ones. I have gotten the trust from our council and so have the control of at least half of our military. I trust that with the jedi help, my mlitary battallions will not be used in any circumstances" he said and bowed, awaiting for the councils answer to his proposal of a jedi dispatched to Mimban

Name: Strider Flamehart

Alignment: Good

Appearance: Tall, light skin, black long hair, somewhat wavy. He's average sized and wears darker Jedi robes than most. He has seemingly penetrating bright blue eyes.

Bio/History: Strider is a young Jedi Knight, very talkative and outgoing with his opinions, much to the distress of wiser, quieter Masters at the Academy. He wields a dark blue lightsaber and has exceedingly impressive dueling skills with it for someone of his age. He's also a very good tactician, despite his personality makes it seem as if he's more of a person who thinks things through later. He doesn't ever seem to be serious about things, but when it comes down to accomplishing a goal, nothing can break his focus.

-----------------------------

Strider heard about the vote in the Senate, and passed Cole as he walked the halls. He stopped and turned, and then promptly asked, "Hey..did you catch what vote was passed at the Senate today? It's almost creepy. Things aren't looking so well all over again."

Name: Kale Dakari

Alignment: Neutral

Appearance: http://gwiezdne-wojny.pl/grafika/rpg/warrior.jpg (except dark blue)

Bio/History: grew up as all young jedi do, taken form thier homes, trained in the jedi ways, given to a master, graduated to Jedi Knight. But when he encountered a dark jedi, he was turned around, although he left the jedi order he did not become a dark jedi. he simply left. He still keeps his Lightsaber but he never uses it, he uses a blaster pistol(http://www.planetquake.com/pandemonium/fxd/pistol.gif) and a rifle(http://www.tacticalshotgun.ca/content_sub/sage_ebr_review/ebr_both_models_small.jpg)

Other: space ship (http://www.insideearth.de/media/events/gc2004/gc_spaceship_2_big.jpg)

-------------------------------------------------------

Kale walked down past the Senate building. People were coming out discussing the vote. As he heard the news he turned around and headed back towards his ship.

"Tark, ready the engines. We're going to Mimban." Kale said in his Helmet comlink.

Thomas grinned slightly as he walked out of the council chambers. The council had promised to send a jedi or two to hold peace in the Mimban system. He quickly boarded his shuttle, neverminding if some of the jedi stared at his arrogance to arrive here after such a horrid voting. Only a moment later his current flagship jumped into hyperspace, Thomas stepping up into the main bridge, right under the duel towers of the officers. He grinned slightly as he sat down on his seat, the most highest ranks of Mimban and mercenary armies walking around the bridge, making sure of hundreds of things inside and outside the ship. Now as they were ready for a hyperspace jump, they had to make sure that the pirate's wouldn't even try to get them. The towers and artillery positions on the sides got ready and loaded their guns...

Kale reached his ship and got in. He jumped into the pilot's seat.

"Ready Tark?"

"Yeah" Tark, a greenskinned humanoid said "but why Mimban?"

"They just seperated themselves from the republic, meaning-"

"More jobs"

"Thats right" Kale said with a smile. They took off and entered the spcae above coruscant.

"Coordinates set" Tark said.

"Ready to roll." Kale said as he jumped the ship into hyperspace.

The large star destroyer jumped into hyperspace just after the smaller ship of Kale, and got a reading of it. As they jumped out of hyperspace, they got the readings of the same ship. "Sire, a small vessel just jumped out of hyperspace. They jumped in just before us near Coruscant. What should we do?" an officer said, turning on his chair. Thomas looked at the window and grinned slightly. "Send the Vanquisher to make sure we don't have any hostile mercenaries on our tail. Send a squadron out to make sure that they haven't landed before the Vanquishe gets there" he ordered and a minute later, a squadron of small fighters lifted off, the resemblance towards the one of Grievous' absolutely amazing. Thomas just liked style...

The fighters surrounded the vessel quickly and the leader went right next to it. "Unknown vessel, state your business in the Mimban system" the leader said, looking from his cockpit and into the mercenaries' ship

A laser blast hit the shield of the mercenary vessel. "We don't need any mercenary scum here at the time" the leader said, their wings locking into battle positions. Slowly, a needle-looking object came behind the planet, first only looking like a small stain, byut fastly growing as a star destroyer and heading towards the mercenaries, the artillery turned towards them and the tractor beam getting ready if the mercenaries were to be boarded

The star destroyer hovered even closer, becoming gigantic besides the mercenary ship and the fighters. The fighters went into the hangar as the ship of the mercenaries started to be dragged towards the star destroyer. Another Venator-class Star destroyer came in view and a small shuttle departed from it, boarding the Vanquisher at the same instance as the soldiers opened the Mercenary ship's door by force and rushed in, weapons ready

In the hangar, the mercenaries were greeted by fifteen blasters, rifles or pistols, pointed at them. Then, one of the doors opened and a group of black-suited men came in, forming a pathway in the middle of themselves just before the ex-senator walked in, the guards following him after he had passed. "Gentlemen! It has come for the time of truth. Welcome onboard of the Vanquisher, I shall be your part-time host, Thomas El'Karoth. If you might state your business, names and if you are working for the Republic, I would be very pleased of not having to torture you" he said, stopping infront of them,the guard taking a stance, ready to draw their long blaster rifles and shoot them where they stood. The original sodliers and guards made a strickt formation on both sides, only a couple pointing their weapons at Takr and Kale

((Either Flamehart hasn't been around for a few days or he hasn't seen my response. Either way, I'm going to post again. :p ))

"I was there, Strider," Cole answered quietly. He sighed. "And so it is that history begins to repeat itself."

Archived