Home

The attack of the remnants

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I'm not sure I liked that groan," Cole said. He stood and went to the hatch. It opened... sort of. Only half actually slid open. The other half just... shivered slightly. Cole stared at the closed half for a second before stepping past it and into the space station.

Strider stepped out behind Cole, he was clearly glad to be able to get out of that ship, and as he stepped out, he said "I do hope we make it back alive..i'd hate to get stuck in mid-hyperspace jump because the ship falls out on us." He said with a tone of humor.

The two men waited till they were sure Cole and Strider weren't coming back, then shut the dock again.

"Well, we made it. And they didn't notice..."Said John.

"You mean the fact that we have no idea how to take care of the ship, and barely any idea to pilot it."

"No, they noticed that, but they didn't notice why.Help me try to keep this thing together for the return trip."

Together they opened the hatch that led to the engine and crawled in.

((JM... all I can say to that last post of yours is... WTF??? Dude, you have me so curious... too bad Cole didn't hear that :p He'd be all, "What did you say?" As it is, he's saying....))

"I completely agree," Cole answered. "Because you know that, if the ship falls out of hyperspace, we're toast."

He looked around. "Now, do you remember if the commander of the Vanquisher told us where Grand Admiral El'Karoth would be?"

A door on the other end of the docking bay opened and a few guards walked in, followed by the Grand admiral, dressed in his black uniform. "Welcome, jedi! I have been waiting for your arrival" he said, opening his arms in a friendly manner. "Unfortunately there is a problem with the council... A civil war is starting in this very system soon. You're arrival is very much needed, but some of the council members don't want you or the Republic around. They want to join the seperatists" he explained right in the start. He stopped suddenly and looked at the guards, nodding for them to leave. The door hissed closed quickly and Thomas came right infront of them. "I am truly sorry about this, but I must ask you something that is very unethical to you jedi. I need your help to... How should I put it... Persuade them back into our team"

"As in, 'Force persuasion?'" Cole wondered. He frowned. "You're right about it being unethical... people should not need that form of persuasion to see a thing that is clearly right..."

Then agian, I have my doubts about the Republic, he thought to himself.

"Yes, yes... True, but all of us have doubts with the Republic. It seems that it wasn't even half of what it's previous brother was... before the clone wars" he mumbled, looking around nervously. "Please, I need your help more than you think" he said, his hands waving nervously infront of him as he tried deep inside to bury himself into the jedi's minds... It would be their first test. If they can block his drilling into their heads, anyone that has ever had it done to themselves would be impressed. Many jedi apprentices had turned after him and some other highly skilled dark jedi were practicing on their mind controlling powers.

He had trained himself to the max just for this moment, and so he tried to conceal the power of his dark force completely and then the source of whatever was trying to dig it's way into their minds

Cole flinched at the probing of his mind and glanced around as if looking for the source. It bothered him that he could not find where the attack was coming from, but rather than focusing on where it came from, he worked at blocking it. When he felt the hold beginning to weaken, he pushed as hard as he could with his mind, breaking the attack entirely.

• 1 month later...

Thomas gave a welcoming smile and then raised an eyebrow at Cole's flinch. "Is something wrong, master jedi?" he asked, even if a bead of sweat had appeared on hsi forehead because of the jedi's unbelievably strong mental strenght... He had truly underestimated the jedi when he asked for them. Oh, well, It was too late now. He would have to corrupt their minds slowly and mostly by tempering with their minds when they were asleep. He would need to concentrate highly on this matter

"It is nothing, Grand Admiral," Cole answered. "Thank you for your concern."

He looked around. "Forgive me for my bluntness, sir," he said, "but Flamehart and I are rather worn out from our trip... it was a long one, you see. Could you direct us to a place where we could rest?"

"Well, I was hoping you would want to hear the latest news, but..." he started, but the thought for a moment. "Well, if you incist" he said and smiled, leading them out of the small room before the actual hallways. "Take the jedi to their rooms" the grand admiral said to a young soldier that started leading the jedi down the hallway and towards a large turbolift. Thomas himself continued towards the conference room with his guards

Archived