Home

Avatar/Sig Pic Request/Discussion Thread (Read First Post)

RevanA4

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone who's a good artist just do a picture of a cool looking male Jedi with a double-bladed lightsaber (preferably silver, violet, or yellow)?

Though I probably won't be able to do it, I just wanted to clarify for anyone who can make it: do you mean an avatar or a sig? or both ;)

If someone gave me a picture of the guy with the saber, I could put a cool-looking blade on it?

Im thinking of changing my avatar.But unfortunatley i know squat about creating pictures i can only use existing ones.What would you need from me to be able to create one.Im after a hooded sith type character with a lightsabre i would like it to be red but if the redness could be changed slightly to be a bit different that would be great any chance you could help.Or anyone for that matter.Thanks. :):)

I just selected the area (basically the whole pic besides his face) and went to hue/saturation and changed the hue to somethink like +30 and it changed to orange.

I think it looks better like that, but if you want it to be like your old one... I'll get it done soon. Though I am going to cut off part of the end so it is a square instead of a rectangle. It should be done soon, I didn't save the big pic as orange, so I have to redo it.

I just selected the area (basically the whole pic besides his face) and went to hue/saturation and changed the hue to somethink like +30 and it changed to orange.

I think it looks better like that, but if you want it to be like your old one... I'll get it done soon. Though I am going to cut off part of the end so it is a square instead of a rectangle. It should be done soon, I didn't save the big pic as orange, so I have to redo it.

Dont worry as i have saved the pic with the orange sabre and saved into my pics then uploaded it to use as my new avatar.Thanks a lot.I may have to have a play with paintshop see if i can get my head around changing pics.Cheers. :sithk:

Darth moeller.I found out how to change hue etc but cant figure out how to just choose certain parts of the pic to change the hue on.It just adjusts the whole pic.Can you let me know.Cheers :)

What program are you using? If it's photoshop, select the 'selection tool' and just outline the area you want to select. Depending on what version you have, you can right-click to select manual select, magnetic select, or polygonal (straight line) select. Theres also a rectangular selection tool.

Hope that helps :)

What program are you using? If it's photoshop, select the 'selection tool' and just outline the area you want to select. Depending on what version you have, you can right-click to select manual select, magnetic select, or polygonal (straight line) select. Theres also a rectangular selection tool.

Hope that helps :)

Cheers for that you have been agreat help thanks again for the help with the avatar it looks great. :)

Hey DM, You can make aniamated gifs with GIMP. I just wanted to point that out, because you mentioned you didn't have a program to make them.

I made my avatar with GIMP. It's not that hard.

All you do is keep adding layers. When you save you have the option to "merge layers" or "save as animation."

I hope thats usefull info.

I could probably do a sig for you to match your avatar if you wanted. Not moving, but matching sig and avatar combos pwn.

That would be great but u have already done a avatar for me and i dont want to take up to much of your time, but if you would like to a matching one does sound rather good.Thanks :)

Archived