Home

Avatar/Sig Pic Request/Discussion Thread (Read First Post)

RevanA4

Fireworks is cool, and has tons of cool effects and such, but really, nothing beats Photoshop - except maybe GIMP... <_< >_> I keed, I keed.

It's too shallow, IMO. But of course, the best pics are made from a combination of the various tools. So sayeth the 'tooth.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the help Bob, I'll see if I can get it working.

I don't think I noticed the save as animation option...checking...

I saved yours the exact same way I saved mine, it must have something to do with setting up layers?

Edit: I switched the two layers in mine and it works now!???

Does the bottom layer have to be the transparent one?

Does the bottom layer have to be the transparent one?

Nope. The layer order is just the order it will display when loaded. Sinse there is no way to tell when people are looking at your avatar, it doesn't really matter on a forum. However, lets say you had a web page and wanted your name to appear at some random interval after opening the page, then you would set the time to whatever you wanted.

The only reason I put the blank layer first was to make it appear that you did not have an avatar. Then BAM! "Join The Daft Side!" But like I said, you can't really do that with a forum.

Anyways, Glad I could help!

ok, Xbx, first off, please dont think im demanding too much.

id like a sig with the following features:

please take the rightmost guy of this pic

take the three of them from this pic

add them in any way you like, please make it 500x120. ill get rid of the sloganiser later

write RC 1162 in the right hand lower corner,

and please put the 'boxy' effect on it.

1 million cool points if you can make it :) thanks a bunch in advance, Xbx.

righty, now schools out my access to graphic editing material has diminished. well, does mspaint count? anyway, iw as hoping someone with time on their hand scould make me an GIF avatar with 3 frames

1st frame: hey

2nd frame: hey

3rd frame :do that jedi thing!

preferably black background with toothpaste blue writing. specific, i know, but i found it quite annoying when people didnt leave any details when i was making them...:xp:

so anyone up for it?

preferably black background with toothpaste blue writing.

Well, thats an easy request but I've a few questions. What is "toothpaste blue?" Do you have a sample?

Also, how long do you want the delay set? Any particular font?

EDIT:

Well, I made this.

JediThing.gif

that colour's brilliant thank you, but i dont suppose you could spped the first to frames to last about 4 seconds? as in hey=1 second, hey=1 second, do that jedi thing = 2 seconds.

wow, im so god damm specific. sorry...

RC1162.. I'm sorry to say it but I just can't find a good style that goes with it. The boxes are all messed up with it and the background is horrible. As well as the people you told me to pick out. Maybe if you get a drawing or some sort of concept art, or something that's a bit more refined (as in not all pixelated, like not an in-game graphic) I could totally whip something cool up for you. As of now, I can't do it. It just won't work. Someone else might try. Sorry to keep saying this. And i'm redoing the other guy's thing now, I just got back from spending a few days with my father.

thats ok, Xbx, ill get somwtihing new for you.

and ill stop using that sh*tty google img search

EDIT:

ok, i got a picture, it should be much easier this time.

go here

text remains same and the chice of background picture or colors is yours. please use the main gun, the colored one.

as always: boxy please :D

EDIT 2: and a special thanks to Niner_777 for posting this picture in the "favourite gun" thread.

Alright, i'll see what I can do.

EDIT:: Niner, your sig is done. Hope you like it, it's a new style I tried.

17317421512.jpg

Unfortunately,it came out a bit blurry. I tried to mess with it but I couldn't get it to work.

Thanks a lot. It looks really cool. I'll make sure to fix up my sig when I've got some time.

Archived