Home

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

witchfinder

Agreed, I don't know what is sooo great about an old coot in a pit of gianormous trees... :rolleyes:

And ChainZ, even if it IS blasphemey I still don't like Jolee :p

no "kewl points" for you or the other non-believers then :xp: ... hehehe....

---------------

As for KotOR III, I hope they at least continue on with the story, wether it be Revan or the Exile... introducing a 3rd "vital" character (that must save the Universe :rolleyes: ) after the 2 previous games is going to take some major work to convince me of whatever the storyline is to be. I mean c'mon, what have I been doing for the last 2 games?! :fist:

I'd like a little 'closure' on the series...or at least on the matters at hand, then they can start something anew to keep the KotOR series alive ;)

StarWars seems to run in trilogies, so I can only hope... I have to say I'm a little "iffy" on the 14 years thing, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt if they can compensate it with a great storyline :D

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to be able to refuse help from a character as well, I killed Juhani is K1... :dev7:

I think there should be mroe offensive force powers. It would be fun to pick weak enimes or objects up and slam them into opponents :p

Bring in :syoda: or someone who looks like him!!! :D

I think there should be mroe offensive force powers. It would be fun to pick weak enimes or objects up and slam them into opponents :p

YES! Please more offensive force powers especially for LIGHTSIDERS! and maybe even some buff powers for darksiders. lightsiders got stun, and stun droid for offensives, and push, but thats universal. OE could learn a thing or two from Stoffe's High Level Force Powers Mod. (i wonder if the OE guys ever download any of the mods we've made?)

i'd also like the ability to be able to continue to use the lower tiers of the force powers, espially in the push/whirlwind/wave line. who says just cause now i can push a lot of people at once means that i forgot how to only push one guy. also, when you learn, say whirlwind, force push should get stronger as well, so now you have whirlwind and a more powerful push, and then when you get wave, push gets even stronger and you get a stronger whirlwind, so you can keep using ALL the powers you learn.

and REAL AI! No more of this crap where my party member is supposed to be stationary, but then decides he has a bone to pick with the cannok half way across the freakin map, and he'll either get there or die trying because there is no ammount of mines in the world that can stop him!

Lmao, agreed! I think that instead of having your guys being sliced and diced over and over again in a fight, there could be a fluid and continuing duel. Each character not wounding each other, but trying to find a break in the other's defences, but only when the player runs out of health does the opponent deal a killing blow. For critical hits, they could implement a sort of glancing blow, like a slice on their back/arm/leg, or something that wouldnt be enough to kill a jedi but weaken them a great deal - as a 'critical hit' should?

I'd like to see a whole lot about lightsaber forms. First i'd like to see something along the lines of certain lightsaber forms will slowly pull you to the dark side unless you have a certain charisma. A very good example of this is Mace Windu's lightsaber form of VII/Vaapad. This form uses your anger to fuel your attacks, but unless you can control this anger, you fall to the darkside. This is the case with Dipa Billaba, Windu's apprentice, and sora bulq (they both used vaapad). And also i'd like to see feats that allow you to master certain lightsaber forms.

There are several things that must be included. Some have already been touched upon, but here goes:

1. Player Character Development! Just because the PC is custom-made doesn't mean that he/she can't have a personality! I'm talking voiceovers, appearence, etc. I think that the things you say and do in the game should not only affect light/dark appearence, but it should affect your demeanour as well (calm, gruff, sarcastic, etc.)

2. Dark Side Options should not be the dumb-!@#$ options. Palpatine was an in-Sidious force, not some stupid thug who just killed everything and intimidated everyone! Dark side options should reflect this.

3. Interparty development is crucial. The occasional cutscenes in TSL were nice, but I really missed the random conversations that certain NPC's in your active party had occasionally. And even those weren't enough! If there's one thing missing in the character development department, its the interparty dynamic. They should fight and argue based both on your actions and their's. Also, bigger is better, but not all party members should be important (nor do they all have to be very social). This is where KOTOR could take a page out of the Fire Emblem book.

4. Update the look/graphics! After a while of playing KOTOR, it begins to look repetative. One thing that could alleviate this in KOTOR III is if the different saber styles actually looked different (really, really different). Another thing that would be fun would be to customize the look of your saber. And the facial expressions/lip syncing/textures/ everything that pertains to the appearance of the game needs to get a makeover!

5. The combat system needs to be slightly tweaked. Lightsabers should not be all powerful; there needs to be some sort of counter to them. Also, there needs to be some stronger ranged weapons as well. Projectile weapons, more bazookas/rocket launchers, flamethrowers, grenade launchers, and bigger/badder lasers are all good candidates. Also, more classes are always better. How bout an assassin character that specializes in killing jedi? (toxic darts, anyone?).

6. Exploration! I don't like feeling cooped up in the Star Wars universe: I want to explore its confines! That means more planets, bigger maps, bigger stories, and more replayability.

All of this means that the developers are actually going to have to work!!!

A couple of other things I'd like to see:

-a wider variety of NPCs to join you, and not being able to get all to join in one play through. Much like Baldurs Gate where you had many more NPCs available than you could bring in your party. I liked how TSL expanded on it by making DS/LS dependent party members (Hanharr and Mira) and gender dependent party members (Disciple and Handmaiden), but I'd like to take it a step further where there are like 20 total NPCs, but you can only get 10 and it depends on your alignments, gender, ect. who you end up with.

-the ability to lose party members if they lose too much influence with you and they disagree with what you do (not right away, but say if you keep losing influence eventually they just leave), and in some cases they turn on you.

-the ability to lose party members if they lose too much influence with you and they disagree with what you do (not right away, but say if you keep losing influence eventually they just leave), and in some cases they turn on you.

Excellent suggestion! This is very logical.

Lmao, agreed! I think that instead of having your guys being sliced and diced over and over again in a fight, there could be a fluid and continuing duel. Each character not wounding each other, but trying to find a break in the other's defences, but only when the player runs out of health does the opponent deal a killing blow. For critical hits, they could implement a sort of glancing blow, like a slice on their back/arm/leg, or something that wouldnt be enough to kill a jedi but weaken them a great deal - as a 'critical hit' should?

I think you've got something good there, but would the current combat system permit that? I think they would have to make some extensive changes for something like that.

regardless of what we all would like to see in KOTOR 3, for better or worse we will be suprised and disappointed, hell, i thought i would be playing revan in the second game, disappointed sure, but the story behind the exile character was fantastic. here was a character that followed revan to fight the Mandalorians, became so traumatized for what he did in the final battle, the he cut himself off from the force, from my understanding of this only the most skilled jedi masters could even attempt it, and then you might need more than one. now, for the story and game dynamics of KOTOR 3, this is what i think might happen, so take it for what it is worth

1-exile flies off to search for revan, now maybe prior to KOTOR 2, revan encounters exile and through unknown discussions sends him back to the republic, to warn them of the sith, kreia encounters exile and attempts to use him/her for her own needs, sith attacks the ebon hawk on the return, that is where KOTOR 3 begins. and you can make conjecture that exile was severely injured in the attack, and lost some of his memory.

2-after encountering revan, and perhaps rescuing him(and i like Vatter's idea of an injury to revan, arm, hand) that exile makes the ultimate sacrifice and dies to save revan, in some way attones for what he did in the war, thus, seeing that revan will save the galaxy. this could mean that revan will have an attempt to attone for what he/she did in the war, which you haven't done yet, and you play a severely weakened revan at the beginning.

3-the true sith, what can any of us say, the basic sith warrior could be as strong as a dark jedi or even a sith master

4-if you do indeed play revan, would like to see the character use both light/dark powers like kyle katarn did in the jedi knight series

5-more interactions with npc's tie up loose ends and such, expand on the romances of revan & bastilla/carth, exile & handmaiden/visas/disciple

(doomed romance?)

6-hmm, going back to previous point, what if npc's from KOTOR 2 sense the death of exile and sense that revan is alive, join forces with npc's from KOTOR

and launch a rescue operation, or even a premptive strike against the sith, so many possibilities for the third game, for all of our ideas and conjectures about the story and game physics, etc, bioware, obsidian, or whoever could make a game that none of us could have even thought of

and revan's homeworld was Deralia

1) *cough* An official Mod Toolset with Tut.

2) Character creation similar to SWG: Ability to modify everything from eye color and shape to body type.

3) Multiple ship styles available for PURCHASE by the Main Character.

4) Ship Customization with limitations based on size and type.

5) Helmets... not Masks

6) Better unarmed combat: Utilize motion and give moves similar to Martial Arts.

7) Better Lightsabre combat. Acrobatics and gymnastics worked into the combat style.

For now, there's my two cents.

Nephylim

I had a dream a few nights ago that I was playing KOTOR 3.....my mind created such a mouth watering game it was unbelievable!

This was the story line......

1. You are a force sensitive who trains as a Jedi

2. You meet another Jedi and fall in love.....

3. Your loved one is taken by a Sith Lord......

4. Character struggles with loss of the person they love. This can lead to the dark side......

5. Now the main story line wasnt to find the one you love. However it was to find and destory the Sith..........however with constant lure to dark side

6. Whatever path you take.....there is a MAJOR FINAL BATTLE. This is on the lines of Star Wars movies and KOTOR1........In the final battle you fight and kill off what you think is the Sith Lord who has captured the one you love. However only to find out there is a REAL sith lord waiting for you.......

FINAL BATTLE.....

The Sith Lord manages to cut off both of your arms......you are on your knees as the Sith Lord comes over to be-head you.......your light saber is a few metres away....however you are helpless without arms......or are you?

The Sith Lord goes for the final strike.......when suddenly his attack is blocked by your light saber......the camera does not show who has blocked the blow....it makes the viewer think that it is your long lost lover....however it is you.....using the force.......you push back the Sith Lord and there is a brilliant light saber duel where the Sith Lord is battling the light saber as your character stands back on your feet...showing resillience......you walk closer and closer to the Sith lord....and the force is growing stronger and stronger....bordering on the hate..............The Sith Lord slowly reteates with this sudden relentless attack........

Then a powerful blow and the Sith Lord falls to the ground ....in the processs is unmasked.............

.......the reality is daunting when the truth is shown.........the Sith Lord is a Jedi you once knew.........

.....the person you loved........

.....do you fall to the dark side......or do you end it.......capture......or to the death......

Thats what I dreamt I was playing! I was soooooo excited!

Yep.......Most of my dreams are boring........but this was vivid cause I just enjoyed the games so much and was sooooo hooked.

I went to sleep and dreamt this. The detail isnt that much really....I remember playing the final battle on my pc....which was a dream. heheheh

Pretty cool me thinks.

I'd like the party to be different, there were opposites with Kotor 1 and 2.

For example

Carth Onasi - (first guy you meet again)

Bastilla - Kreia

Wookie - Wookie

Blue girl with wookie - Bounty hunter girl in kotor 2

Its all just a similar crew. Also mounts would be cool. Speeders etc.

in replying to my previous post had time to think of it, the basic info you gave bastilla in your conversation with her was most likely true, except for what class of character you chose at the beginning (soldier, scout, etc), we all know who the character was before the endar spire. his home planet, and that fact that his mother died could have been memories that he forgot or wanted to forget, an obstacle to his path as the sith lord. had an interesting email from someone once about this same subject, the council basically turned back the clock, to a point in his life (or her life) as a jedi knight prior to being turned? to the dark side and his quest for the star forge. when revan and malak went off with a third of the fleet to chase down the mandalorians, they met with kreia (conjecture on my part), she may have started them down the path, but what, or who turned them to the dark side, and from the dialogue choices in KOTOR 2, i got the sense that revan saw his "eventual" conquest of the republic as the first step in a defence of the galaxy from the return of the true sith. and his departure from the republic shortly after the victory, may have been his way of delaying the inevitable, giving the republic the chance to mount some type of defence that he/she did not give them info on (defence from what). when carth talked with the exile and said revan left to fight something he did during the war, could revan have made some type of deal, given some vital information to the sith. personally i hope that the character you play for the majority of the game is revan, the personality, the morality of the character for me was not fully explored, he/she only knew late in KOTOR 1 what they once were, the exile attoned for what they did (my guess), revan..., revan might feel that they may never be able to attone for what h/she did, and by taking on the challenge alone, may do just that. someone even asked me, could revan be dead, not likely, if he was, the bond between you and bastilla could have manifested itself in the final dialogue with carth, if revan was dead, bastilla may have made some mention of it, the fact that she could not go on not knowing why suggested that, revan is alive, that last bit was certainly way off topic.

Archived