Home

What you'd like in KOTOR III..

witchfinder

More character creation options. Perhaps multi humanoid species to chose from?
That would limit the romance options though...

I wouldn't mind a Jade Empire combat style...
Personally I hope it doesn't go that way. I enjoy the KOTOR stlye combat...

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hm...

At first - Game should be more dificult! KotOR and TSL are to easy!

Second - more heads to choose when creating character.

3rd - huge interact with team

4th - masks and hoods for Jedi.

5th - minmum 60 hours to pass game! Previous games are too short! 30 hours of game? What is it? 4 - 5 days of playing.

6th - better graphic, but KotOR 1 & 2 are beatiful

I hope that before adding tons of new goodies, they start making a good and complete storyline with more freedom of movement and more options. A nice cloak can be cool but it doesn't make the game fun.

K2 lacked a lot of polish when it came to the storyline and dialogues. Another thing that bothered me was being constantly put in control of NPCs i never chose which gave a pretty linear feeling to the game. I don't care about having tons or armor and robes: I never use half of what I get anyways.

I want a better and more interactive storyline. I mean, if you turn Dark Side, wouldn't it make sense for your character to actually join the sith and kick the republic?

A new engine is needed.

I think it's about time for whoever develops the game to steer away from the d20 rules. I mean, LA should have control over Wizards, so I don't think it would create legal-ish problems. One of the flaws of the d20 system is of course the armours (like someone already mentioned, it doesn't make sense for a heavy armoured guy to dodge more easily). The biggest flaw though is of course dual-wielding. There should be a dexterity requirement (like ambidexterity in 3.0 DnD) for the feats; the way it is now, it's too easy to use a staff or duals.

The biggest flaw though is of course dual-wielding. There should be a dexterity requirement (like ambidexterity in 3.0 DnD) for the feats; the way it is now, it's too easy to use a staff or duals.
there's the "2-Handed Weapon" feat?? and just like in DnD, anyone can fight 2-handed, it's just the proficiencies/feats reduce the actual penalty when incorporating the style... not to menion that KotOR penalizes you depending on what type of weapon you use and wether or not it's a "balanced" item...

both games though, I agree.... suffer using D20 system. LA, (IMHO) just use an already established system to focus their development in other areas of gameplay...

there's the "2-Handed Weapon" feat?? and just like in DnD, anyone can fight 2-handed, it's just the proficiencies/feats reduce the actual penalty when incorporating the style... not to menion that KotOR penalizes you depending on what type of weapon you use and wether or not it's a "balanced" item...

What I was saying is that there should be a dex requirement for taking the feats. I also think the penalties for wielding two medium weapons (i.e. two normal sabres) are too insignificant.

Of course Obsidian really balanced things by putting three advanced dual-wielding feats in TSL [/sarcasm]

What I was saying is that there should be a dex requirement for taking the feats. I also think the penalties for wielding two medium weapons (i.e. two normal sabres) are too insignificant.

Ahh.. I see, yeah I could definitely see a minimum Dexterity requirement (possibly even strength) for the feats to be available. Sorry, for some reason, I was thinking of a minimum ability score to even be "able" to dual wield. Didn't make sense to me as anyone can pick up 2 sticks and start wailing (just not very good at it.. heheh)

Gotcha... I see what you're saying now, so I can easily say "I agree" :D

Of course Obsidian really balanced things by putting three advanced dual-wielding feats in TSL [/sarcasm]
hehe.. I think we can all agree with you on that one. Neither KotOR or TSL have been well known for any 'real' challenge. Luckily we have modders that have been able to fix that so far. But it'd be nice for the Devs to do it for once ;)

I like the fact that you didn't need specific parts for upgrades in TSL. Just x amount of components and y level in a certain skill but I hated the almost complete random nature of finding things. Except for some of the parts that the merchants carried and the museum at Onderon ("Sith" raiders stoles the items from the museum, right) there was no way to ensure that you got the best crystals. The thing I like about RPG's is giving my character the best of everything and then watching him go to town. To solve this I think they should have a merchant like that Rodian in the Yavin station in ROTOR. A guy who sells the best of everything but at a premium price. I said this before but at less you wouldn't have to go without the best items after 40+ hours of playing the game and searching everywhere and I mean everywhere to find something like the barad of ingot. I don't know if that is spelled correctly but it is the crystal that gives you 2-16 fire damage.

if you want to play a star wars FPS go play Jedi Academy. i've got nothing against FPS, infact, i really like FPS, but KOTOR is an RPG, it wouldn't make sense for the third one to all of a sudden be a FPS. Besides, one of the biggest things that people like the most about KOTOR is the RPG style game play, you would alienate a huge amount of the fans of K1 and K2 by chaning the style of the game so drastically, and you wouldn't have very much luck bringing in new gamers that are FPS fans, because the first two games were RPGs.

Well I don't think I can add too many more ideas to this thread but what the hell here goes:

(in no particular order except for #1)

1. XBOX 360 ONLY(sorry sony)

2. More moves/animations for attacks, flurries, critical strikes, power attacks, etc...

3. New force powers are never a bad thing.

4. Make the game length 3-4 times longer(because I just can't get enough of this game :p ). How about a 2-4 CD set next time?

5. Expansions that can be purchased say 6 months to a year after the game has been released. I know I would have no problem paying for more :)

6. More companions preferably force sensitive.

7. More options for advancing the storyline with about 10 or more different endings depending on how the player played the game.

8. More options during character creation including lightsabre hilt and facial/body options.

9. LESS BUGS!!!!!

10. More planets.

11. More than one place to visit while on planets.

12. Start the game as a jedi and already have a lightsabre.

13. My friend(and some of you) suggested this one: Have the option to start the game with a master and either kill him/her to prove your power and fall into darkness or learn and follow your master into the light if you wish.

That would be my preferences. Now let's see if Microsoft can get together with Lucasarts and make it happen. Here's to hoping this will be made VERY soon and thanx to all of you for loving this series as much as I do. :)

well, as much as i am a diehard playstation fan, even if it did come out on playstation (which it wont) i'd rather buy it for PC, because modding this game is half the fun (for me anyway) i've spent much more time modding TSL than i did playing it (same for K1). There are many reasons why this will be Xbox/PC exclusive:

1. Microsoft won't wont to give up any of that money to its competitors

2. The first two games were Xbox/PC, so unless they plan on releasing K1 and K2 for playstation or nintendo (like they did with GTA, first it was on the Playstation, then a year later there was the Xbox/PC releases) they wouldn't release the third in a series on a new platform, it wouldn't make any sense. Lots of playstation users probably don't follow xbox games (i know i don't) so most probably wouldn't have any idea what the story was unless they played the PC version, in which case they would probably buy the third for PC anyway

however, there NEEDS to be a SIMALTANIOUS PC and Xbox release! No more waiting Two extra months unless its going to have extra features like the yavin station in K1, but the features need to be better than that, since that was just a fancy shop which some pretty crystals and guns.

//rant begin//

Xbox only? Are you out of your mind?! If it should be exclusive (released on only one platform) then it should be on the PC! Imagine the advantages of a straight PC release; more dev time for actual gameplay (no porting), better graphics (even current gen graphics, hell it could be built using SOURCE, the display engine doesn't dictate gameplay), better overall story and gameplay (no dumbing down for you console slugs), hell, dev tools and mod kits right in the box!

When will people realise that console gaming is old hat? Yeah, there have been some decent console games, and some great ones...which usually end up on PC anyway. I laughed when Xbox cultists crowed that their little black box had a 3d card. The cards render texture detail that cannot be viewed at regular TV resolutions! Ya'll suckers can have your 399. Xbox 360's, that need to be hooked up to 1500. HD tvs to get the same hoss I get from my rig; which also does everything else. Xbox? Puh-lease, don't make me laugh any more than I am right now.

//rant end//

Anyway, I hope they pay attention to the PC version this time, and take advantage of the platforms advantages. The onlything better than hearing KOTOR III will have PC exclusive content is hearing that LA (or whoever) is droping WOTCs POS D20 "system". Heck, liscence SPECIAL from Interplay. it would be cheap. and it would work.

Anyway, I hope they pay attention to the PC version this time, and take advantage of the platforms advantages. The onlything better than hearing KOTOR III will have PC exclusive content

That would be nice, but remember that PC game sales are pale in comparison to console game sales... so while they might give us extra content I wouldn't expect more than what we got with KOTOR I, even that could be gotten through XBox Live if I'm not mistaken.

is hearing that LA (or whoever) is droping WOTCs POS D20 "system". Heck, liscence SPECIAL from Interplay. it would be cheap. and it would work.

Sorry, ain't going to happen. If it used another RPG system it would not be KOTOR or even recieved well by fans.

Even though I do agree with you on the D20 system being utter crap! The KOTOR series would have pwnd using the WEG D6 system! ;)

Am I out of my mind Josh? No but you are. Does it say anywhere up there "sorry pc users"?!?!?!? No I thought not. When it comes to consoles, this game needs to stay home with Microsoft. NOWHERE does it say anything about pc users. If you wanted clarification there it is.

Hawke made the point before I could get to it. The console games are where the money is at right now and with consoles going to MMORPG's in the future expect those numbers to skyrocket in the next decade while the pc will dwindle. You cannot deny this. Why do you think Microsoft is giving a silver online membership free out of box with the 360 at no charge? Because they think it's a bad idea?!?!?!? NO!!!! Because they know that console gaming is about to explode and that online subscriptions are on the rise!!!!! This was never supposed to happen but it is. An old hat you say?!?!? Far from it. I work in the industry guy and I can tell you that this old hat is about to hit its' Golden Age.

hmm maybe some new species for PC/NPC

like in example Kit Fisto's race, Bothans or 'human' with dreadlocks :p

maybe a Holocron as a teacher or so (for example half-NPC (he would be on your ship and could teach u the Force ways but wouldn't follow You))

and more lightsaber's hilt shapes....

ohh, and almost forgot hooded robe selection would be pleased seemed

-Irae

Things for KOTOR 3:

1. Xbox 360 only.

2. Jade Empire style combat.

3. Time! For example: in TSL, when Telos was attacked, the Onderon army came from halfway across the galaxy in seconds? Mandalore went off to summon the Mandalorians? You have to be realistic during these cutscenes otherwise there's no point in having them.

@Prince.

The time problem was kind of confusing to me as well. Mandalore comes back with his commandos in less than two minutes and how on earth did Zherron come to Telos from Dantooine? Anyways, they will have to fix that.

I would also want to see an UNARMED combat system like the one in GTA:SA. Only for UNARMED COMBAT though.

Expand the class options to allow non jedi that can finish the game... and still not be a jedi.

I'd love to play as a droid mechanic or a out and out rogue with a Jedi or two in my party rather than having to be the one holding everyone's hands all the time.

I've always felt there was so much more to the Star Wars universe than mystical powers and lightsabers. If you must stll have giant sith battles you could just party manage to deal with them. This would also mean an end to cliche one on one battle's at the climax.

//rant begin//

Xbox only? Are you out of your mind?! If it should be exclusive (released on only one platform) then it should be on the PC! Imagine the advantages of a straight PC release; more dev time for actual gameplay (no porting), better graphics (even current gen graphics, hell it could be built using SOURCE, the display engine doesn't dictate gameplay), better overall story and gameplay (no dumbing down for you console slugs), hell, dev tools and mod kits right in the box!

When will people realise that console gaming is old hat? Yeah, there have been some decent console games, and some great ones...which usually end up on PC anyway. I laughed when Xbox cultists crowed that their little black box had a 3d card. The cards render texture detail that cannot be viewed at regular TV resolutions! Ya'll suckers can have your 399. Xbox 360's, that need to be hooked up to 1500. HD tvs to get the same hoss I get from my rig; which also does everything else. Xbox? Puh-lease, don't make me laugh any more than I am right now.

//rant end//

Anyway, I hope they pay attention to the PC version this time, and take advantage of the platforms advantages. The onlything better than hearing KOTOR III will have PC exclusive content is hearing that LA (or whoever) is droping WOTCs POS D20 "system". Heck, liscence SPECIAL from Interplay. it would be cheap. and it would work.

O my God!! You took the words out of my mouth!!

Archived