Home

What might have been

Amidala from Chop Shop

Moreover you appear to be the leader of the players that pretend to be the competitive comminity...

LOL, no, the competitive community disdains me almost as much as they disdain you (the ones that are aware of you, that is. They live in their own little world and rarely go outside of passworded pug servers).

My forum is hardly the center of the competitve CTF world. That would be http://www.firetrill.com/forums/ They have lost some threads from forum crashes, but there are plenty of "Chop Sh*t sucks" threads there too. It's just the culture of the community you became part of when you started hosting a CTF server. They are some of the very best players playing the game, and they know it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so yes he just admited, that they were spaming bashing comments...

and they are your friend i beleive that support you?

woa what a nice team that almost pretend to be THE COMPETITIVE PART OF THE COMMUNITY!!!!! what a good image you are showing!!!!!!

And your honor kiddie supporters are an upstanding batch of responsible admins and players? Intelligent and thoughtful debaters perhaps?

i will not post all the bashing and wrong statements and comments

You could use a year and a day and you would still not be able to gather the arguements and opinions levied against your mod. If you release modifications to the public, you do so knowing that it will be subject to criticism. As you have learned, not everyone will love it. Just deal with it already.

But perhaps you didn't chose correctly your friends?

Did you?

I can assure that they will only lead your mod to mod war between you and me....

How arrogant. A 'war' you know you won a long time ago. Way to go out on a limb there, big guy. Ensiform has given no indication of an open challenge.

It deeply disturbs you to have Ensiform's and Stu's Red Slushie mod feature twice the ingenuity of yours with 1/25th of the player/ server following. They mod for that old thorn in your side and in your own words: the competitve community. Also known as the 'real Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy player'.

Shochop forum contains now too many immature members like stubert, vico, knight ...Etc... that like to bash me in all forums whenever they can and spam bashing comments toward me in my forum, my mod submition....

pathetic behaviour for player that prentend to be the elite and the competitive community

So any anti JA+ sentiment is a sign of immaturity? Somehow, from my end of the fence, I fail to see that. And what are you comparing it too? Your forums? Somewhere, in between the requests for new abuse options and the pleas to return the old ones, there is nazi thread deletion of any bad press towards yourself, your CTF server and JA+. If the two boards were compared side by side, chopshopservers forums would read like a senior citizen bulletin board.

The truth of the matter is, as you try to falsely label the competitve community, you just dislike them because they have been, in general, as the only real opposition to JA+ (for extremely valid reasons). You have overused the term 'pathetic'. JKA is the only FIRST PERSON SHOOTER whose server base has 90.7%(actual figure @ the time of this post) of its servers with GUNS DISABLED. I find that pathetic. JKA, the unique and fun Star Wars inspired shooter has been reduced to some poor mans MMORPG and is embarassingly regarded in other frag circles as a complete joke. I find that patheric, too. Your version and my version dont add up.

We are elite because in a base setting gun environment, encompassing every force power and weapon in an even playing field, the 'worst' of the competitve players would absolutely destroy the best of the JA+ honor saberist with disgusting ease. Call it arrogance. Call it whatever you want but its nothing other than the truth. Stripped of JA+ settings and features the honor player is nothing more than a low grade bot to a CTF trained, strafing gunner.

Somehow, you think you deserve a pat on the back for that. Its not coming from all sectors, which you dont like. After JA+ became the most widely used (by a longshot) admin mod for FFA servers the only opposition you faced, the only gametype you didnt 'own' was CTF. At the time Amidala's Chop Shop CTF was the most popular server and she was also your most vocal advesary. Presto! JA+ Official Beta Test server is converted to CTF although it was one sidedly developed for the FFA honor saberist. You took full advantage of your mods popularity and knew your brainwashed cronies would follow.

Still, even with Chop Shop nothing more than a distant memory, you still face negative criticism from legit gunners. Why you even trouble yourself with us few wayward souls is beyond me. I think your mod sucks and I think honor players suck. I wouldnt give a squirt of piss for either one. Thats my opinion. Grow up, deal with it and save your biased insults.

well said DruggedSith. i should also point out, we are giving full credit to all authors of 3rd party stuff in the upcoming release. and you guys already knew the only stuff we used in previous was jk2++ and is given credit already.

now this is finally over.

why would the spiteful newbie want to do that? im now hearing that he and #include especially are bashing rs and saying its a bad mod.

Your accusation has been noted. Please stop trying to start rumors and trouble in our forums. I have not once bashed the RS mod. Heck, I don't bash any mods. I'm just working on ja+ because it's clearly "the" mod in JKA. Yes, mistakes were originally made, but I'd like to help get JA+ back on the right track.

okay im sry about you slider but still read this:

Originally Posted by Jedi Acrobat

Well I was in the newbie ja+ server last night and the guy who made the mod and runs the server was playing. And I started bitching at him about how bad his mod was. Examples, wookie model scaling and yoda, auto balance. There can be a 15 on 15 game going on and its really close and some ppl will get switched. And then it will be a stack like 20 drs vs 7 newbies and it doesnt switch anyone. He tried to back up its ****tyness with the old excuse "Ja+ is acually a ffa mod don't hurt me you ubber 1337 h4x0rs11!11LOl11!"

Anyway I started testing him but spamming. Since he was speachless after I told him all of the faults in his mod. I kept spamming 8===================D. But it didnt work, I only got silenced. And 84gt almosttt got kicked. Oh well, oh yea and I told him he sould switch to Red Slushie because its a far superior mod. And he started explaining how bad of a mod it is. So if ensi or stu see him post of in game you know you can bitch at him. Becuase hes talking smack about your mod.

later on he was asked if it was you or include and he said specifically it was include.

Just to clear this up, JA+ was not designed for CTF. The CTF server is a TEST server to see the flaws for CTF. Over time, JA+ will correct the problems in the mod. Currently, auto-balance isn't that great, so we are making changes. Currently, we have disabled auto-balance for midgames, but once a map ends, the next map start will auto-balance everyone on their starting teams. This is to prevent the same group of people of being on the same team and just slaughtering an inexperienced team map after map after map. I've said it so many times, I'm just tired of explaining it to everyone who claims that the JA+ CTF server sucks. Speechless? No, it's just not worth my time explaining all of that while I'm trying to cap a flag.

The person then starts to spam over and over and over. It's ticking people off...and it's just flat out spam. I warn that person, and they continue. I then silence them. The game then plays through just like normal. That is how it started, and that is how it ended. It would be difficult for you to "suggest" red slushie if you were silenced from all the spam.

Get your facts straight, next time.

well said DruggedSith.

Ensiform, i am always respectfull with you and your mod..

I never spam bashing, uncontructuctive comments in your forums, and your mod submitions and any other forums...

But your modding team members do it.

DruggedSith you said that releasing to the public automatically open to critisicmm...

OF course, but all you and the Red Slushie MOd team, and the all the Choshop members that suport Red Slushie is not critiscim but unconstructiven bashing spamming comments in every forum i go...

i hope you and your modding team members like stubert will now show a better behaviour toward me.....

Because if not, i can certify to you that your moddin team behaviour look like for all the other people as jealous coder that just want to bash JA+ in order to better highlight their mod...

As i said i don't search to enter a mod war with you the modding team of red slushie mod and you will never find a commentss that show i am hostile toward you....

But as your behaviour is showing the opposite of mine, i am just pointing you your error....

And i Hope you will learn to code without behaving as a jerk toward other coder like me.

I can be hostile in my deliberations but dont mistake me. I have nothing against you on a personal level. I do however, have issues with your mod and the honor community. Most notably the features and settings of the JA+ mod and the multitude of rule based servers that run it. Together, they have brought JKA to within a hairs width of unplayability.

With the games target audience all but eliminated there is no future for JKA or a another title bearing the once esteemed JK brand. This has not been lost on the competitive player and they will not thank you or the honor player for bringing about the early demise of one of the PC's most fun FPS franchises.

JKA is already a dying game. You can't blame others for trying to keep it alive...even if it is "less quality" in your eyes than it used to be. A lesser game > a dead game. Do you really think JKA would still be famous and active...and will continue to do so? They don't even sell it at stores anymore unless it's the half-price books type stores.

Many people have left JKA...including those who "religiously" played it. It's a great game...but there are far too many other things getting many people's attention.

Instead of having the same ole FFA day in and day out until your eyes rot out of your skull, some people developed mods to try to continue to add new content and give it a new "taste and feel". Yes, some mods made mistakes, but the fact is, it still brought something new to the table...and it keeps the game more interesting than just a mindless fragfest.

At least with the new mods, you know you will see stuff added that was never in the game before. ForceMod has some interesting "class" type gameplay. It totally goes against the original game design, but makes it interesting. Movie Battles is sort of a poor man's battlefront....still decent. JA+ tries to give a fresh look to the original gameplay design, while adding bug fixes, new content, hack prevention, exploit prevention, and server stability.

With mods, the "team" who designs it has less to get through to make something happen. Naturally, a mod team may make some poor decisions. It takes a long time as it is for a fully funded gaming company to balance a game...and that's with a ton of team members.

Yes, JA+ made some bad decisions. That is why I joined the JA+ team. It clearly is "JKA" now...and I'd at least like to be there to try to at least help steer it in the right direction. JA+ has already gone through some changes that never hit public release that would have been terrible. Why? Someone stopped just saying "I wish it wasn't that way" and did something about it. JA+ still has a ways to go to truly be "perfect"...but at least JA+ is starting to get on the right track. Slider really can make or break the game in his mod. This is why I joined him. I do a lot of stuff, but I also offer a lot of suggestions...and also give him advice on his "ideas". He's a great coder, but someone needs to be there with experience to let him know exactly what his new code will do to the community as a whole.

Think of it this way, remove all these mods. Join only basejka servers. Imagine having to run off to find health and shields just so a duel can be fair (basejka doesnt reset health at start of a duel). On top of that, imagine having to wait in line just to duel someone. Imagine all the people getting in the way since they wouldn't vanish when you initiate a duel. Imagine having to log into rcon just to get rid of someone that's using the basejka exploit that allows you to crash a server.

The mods arn't really that bad of a thing. They've done a lot of good to the game. Not ALL good...but good...regardless. JKA was already dying. That's just natural. The mod community was an attempt to keep it alive once it was on life support.

Ensiform, i am always respectfull with you and your mod..

I never spam bashing, uncontructuctive comments in your forums, and your mod submitions and any other forums...

But your modding team members do it.

DruggedSith you said that releasing to the public automatically open to critisicmm...

OF course, but all you and the Red Slushie MOd team, and the all the Choshop members that suport Red Slushie is not critiscim but unconstructiven bashing spamming comments in every forum i go...

i hope you and your modding team members like stubert will now show a better behaviour toward me.....

Because if not, i can certify to you that your moddin team behaviour look like for all the other people as jealous coder that just want to bash JA+ in order to better highlight their mod...

As i said i don't search to enter a mod war with you the modding team of red slushie mod and you will never find a commentss that show i am hostile toward you....

But as your behaviour is showing the opposite of mine, i am just pointing you your error....

And i Hope you will learn to code without behaving as a jerk toward other coder like me.

im not the jerk here i only pointed out such things from others, and btw the red slushie team is me and stubert only.

whatever was said i dont mean anything to you as a person either.

somebody please close this.

okay, can we please delete the garbage above and get back onto the topic of what amidala was saying. dave has a good point where its different than ja+'s 'alt dim'

- Make Duel Gametype like FFA

- Make it so you can only attack in a duel

- As with that then it would only allow teh honor players to use chat, and challenge etc.

- Allow more than 1 duel at a time.

by the request of include:

i posted this over at refresh in the thread where nub was talking about the bashing of rs:

nub, include has told me that he did no such thing and he silenced u only cause of ur 8============D spamming.

ive gotten to know include more and he isnt a bad guy :D

well this is not really so different from the JA+ alt dim (not the one in 2.3 but the future one i am doing) execpt ja+ atl dim is more complete as you can play 2 gametype in 1 without needing to go on another server or vote a gametype change

well this is not really so different from the JA+ alt dim (not the one in 2.3 but the future one i am doing) execpt ja+ atl dim is more complete as you can play 2 gametype in 1 without needing to go on another server or vote a gametype change

1. Only if the server operator is using 2.3 and has enabled the Alternate Dimension. Many have disabled it.

2. It still has the problem of listing servers that aren't really "Free For All" under "FFA" in server browsers, causing confusion to new players and players who have played other FPS\action games.

If a server is being used primarily for dueling, it should be listed in the server browser as a "Duel" server, even if it is different from a basejka Duel server. I mean, if a server is being used primarily for dueling, it shouldn't be in the FFA category any more than it should be in the CTF or Siege category.

If a new player goes to a JA+ Duel server, they find players dueling.

If a new player goes to a JA+ Siege server, they find players playing Siege.

If a new player goes to a JA+ Team Free For All server, they find players playing TFFA.

If a new player goes to a JA+ Capture the Flag server, they find players playing Capture the Flag.

If a new player goes to a JA+ Free For All server, they find players.....dueling????? It doesn't make sense.

I think the point is that most people will not want to play both, and will not switch between dimensions except honor players entering the alt dim once upon logon. They both seem like good modes, but they are radically different modes, attracting radically different players. Would you lump FFA and siege together like this? No, because they are different gametypes.

well, amidala you frist point is not really a good one because you can also say some server operators will not want to activate the new FFA-DUEL-honour gametype and continue to make duel rpg honour in the normal FFAA gametype...

so this is same...

and for your last point, the new plugin server browser will enable to know if a server is FFA with alt dim activated or not.

So you see you can really select the server type you want....

But well nevermind, i think most of this debate is more a question of point of view and what people like to play and how they play...

both solutions alt dim or new gametype are nice ....

then some people may prefer one solution and other prefer another

DruggedSith, honour-rpg style of playing exist since JK2 and even JK1 according to a friend of mine...

A lot of player like to play like that...

ANd you can't force server operators to set the rule which You like.

They bought the server and you not...

Fact is, this game really turned into a social game. I think that's why the game is still active as it is. Chillin out with people created friendships, bonds, and clans. Take a look at how many true FFA servers there are to "honor" servers.... very very few true ffa servers. If it wasn't for the "honor" gameplay, those servers would be gone and those players would have moved to another game. They arn't the mindless fragfest type people. JKA would have what.... 5 "real" servers (meaning active, not always empty)?

JKA free for all is nice and all, but there are far better fragfest games...like UT2004.

My point is, this game really turned into a social game and made a lot of friendships with people. That's why so many are still around. They like to hang with their friends. You make far more friends with talking and chillin with people than shooting rockets into a crowd of people. This all has nothing to do with the game...but the people themselves. People naturally turned this into that social game...so there really isn't a solution to it.

Instead of wishing that people would magically suddenly turn all their ffa servers into true ffa, we know that something like that would never happen and decided to merge the two types of people together so a server can respect both types of people at the same time.

You can wish all you want. We know that it will never happen, so we did the next best thing...and attempted to no longer have such few true FFA servers out there compared to honor servers by allowing every server to have the potential of BOTH types of gameplay.

My goodness #include, your level of denial is just shocking.

JK2 and JA didn't just "magically" turn into "social games", and the "real FFA" servers didn't just "mysteriously" become extinct. You've been around long enough to know better than that.

The whole point of this thread is that the JK2 modders and then the JA modders caused the mass transformation of FFA\deathmatch servers into chatting\dueling servers. Instead of fixing the Duel gametype to make it into what duelers wanted, they instead messed with the FFA gametype, causing the conflict between the real deathmatch players and the "honor players". Because the "honor players" had the abusive admin commands (such as those in JA+ mod) to enforce their way of playing in FFA servers, the traditional deathmatch players never had a chance. They were driven out of the game in an "ethnic cleansing" fashion. So of course now there is nothing left but the chatting "social" players in FFA servers.

Just because you and other "social" players don't care for traditional deathmatch in JK2 and JA doesn't mean lots of others didn't like it. And saying things like "You make far more friends with talking and chillin with people than shooting rockets into a crowd of people." shows a total lack of understanding of the competitive community. The competitive players play hard in servers, then socialize in forums and in irc, which are far more appropriate places to chat and socialize.

I would say that some of the people shooting rockets at each other in pug servers have as many tight friendships among themselves as any group of chatting "social" players. Fighting together and against each other in intense (virtual) combat builds a level of camraderie that the typical chatting "social" player will never experience.

The chatting "social" honor players destroyed the traditional deathmatch FFA community, but it didn't have to be that way. If the modders had changed the Duel gametype instead of FFA gametype, we could have had a situation where we had modified Duel servers full of chatting, dueling "social" players AND Free For All servers full of traditional deathmatch players. Everyone would have been happy in their separate communities, and JK2 and JA would be far far more active and alive than they are now. Look at Quake III and Counter Strike, still going strong. But we'll never have that in JK2 and JA now, thanks to flawed decisions made by Raven and the modders in JK2, and then repeated by Raven and the modders in JA. That's the whole point of my thread.

That's why this thread is called "What might have been".

Who said anything about me not respecting what true ffa is? *EDITED*

EDIT- Edited just for Amidala to help him not be so "confused" in a matter.

I can do both...true ffa or just social duels.

My point is...mod or not....the server owner is going to run the server how he wants. You don't need ja+ to remove someone from your server. This game turned into a social game. Not because of a mod, but because of the people. Almost all mods give server owners the ability to run their server easier...whether it's xmod, ja+, or heck...even mods like red slushie.

It's the people who turned this game into a social game. A lot of it had to do with it being "star wars" and they wanted to somewhat casually roleplay it.

Raven didn't set a duel gameplay that allowed multiple duels...so it naturally started trickling into ffa servers where you could duel regardless of who else was dueling without waiting in line.

Who said anything about me not respecting what true ffa is? If I hated it...why is alt dimension around?

The Alternate Dimension is around because slider came up with it. I recall him announcing it before you started working with him. Are you taking credit for coming up with the Alternate Dimension?

My point is...mod or not....the server owner is going to run the server how he wants. You don't need ja+ to remove someone from your server. This game turned into a social game. Not because of a mod, but because of the people. Almost all mods give server owners the ability to run their server easier...whether it's xmod, ja+, or heck...even mods like red slushie.

It's the people who turned this game into a social game. A lot of it had to do with it being "star wars" and they wanted to somewhat casually roleplay it.

Again, the game didn't "just turn into" a social game. My point is the honor\chatting\socializing duelers took over the FFA gametype and drove the fraggers to CTF or out of the game completely with amempower, ampunish, amslay, amsleep, amslap, amtele, etc. that aren't part of base JK2 or JA. That's how they "turned into" "social games". Even you have said that making those commands freely available to any 13-year-old who downloaded a mod was a bad mistake (and I'm not singling out JA+, it started before JA+). It didn't have to happen that way if, again, the Duel gametype had been modified instead of the FFA gametype.

Raven didn't set a duel gameplay that allowed multiple duels...so it naturally started trickling into ffa servers where you could duel regardless of who else was dueling without waiting in line.

*sigh* Yes, I already mentioned in my opening post (did you even read it?) that Raven made the first major error by making in JK2 a Duel gametype that most duelers don't like, and then repeated that mistake in JA.

But then the JK2 modders came up with a bad fix for that problem by changing the FFA gametype just because it was unlucky enough to have the duel challenge feature, instead of fixing the Duel gametype that was the real problem. The JA modders just copied that flawed approach, with the resultant death of real FFA in both games.

Raven put a limit of a maximum of only ONE duel at a time (and even then, only if g_privateduel is 1) for a reason. They didn't want FFA deathmatch servers to be converted into Dueling servers, or else they wouldn't have put in the one duel limit. The JK2 modders (and the JA modders who copied the JK2 approach) made a major mistake by removing that limit, with fatal results for real FFA.

You keep saying "the game just turned into a social game" as if it was inevitable or accidental. It wasn't. It didn't have to happen that way.

Look at Quake III and Counter Strike, still going strong. But we'll never have that in JK2 and JA now, thanks to flawed decisions made by Raven and the modders in JK2, and then repeated by Raven and the modders in JA. That's the whole point of my thread.

I wouldn't call it an outright mistake but it became a glaring omission in the long run as they never delivered any more patches or content than the weak offerings we recieved. Had they paid any attention and listened to its player base.....

The honor community needs to take a hit though too. With too many servers being agressively adminned by people who should not be server administrators, armed with humiliation tools agressive non server admins shouldn't have, their inconsistent and varying rule based gameplay ruined the experiences of alot of would be longtime JKA players.

EDIT: Also, 0 regen whorage, saber only, with certain force powers limited or disabled, jetpacks, grapplehooks, amkisses, asborb+Protect, grip-flipkick spam games suck balls.

The Alternate Dimension is around because slider came up with it. I recall him announcing it before you started working with him. Are you taking credit for coming up with the Alternate Dimension?

Again, the game didn't "just turn into" a social game. My point is the honor\chatting\socializing duelers took over the FFA gametype and drove the fraggers to CTF or out of the game completely with amempower, ampunish, amslay, amsleep, amslap, amtele, etc. that aren't part of base JK2 or JA. That's how they "turned into" "social games". Even you have said that making those commands freely available to any 13-year-old who downloaded a mod was a bad mistake (and I'm not singling out JA+, it started before JA+). It didn't have to happen that way if, again, the Duel gametype had been modified instead of the FFA gametype.

*sigh* Yes, I already mentioned in my opening post (did you even read it?) that Raven made the first major error by making in JK2 a Duel gametype that most duelers don't like, and then repeated that mistake in JA.

But then the JK2 modders came up with a bad fix for that problem by changing the FFA gametype just because it was unlucky enough to have the duel challenge feature, instead of fixing the Duel gametype that was the real problem. The JA modders just copied that flawed approach, with the resultant death of real FFA in both games.

Raven put a limit of a maximum of only ONE duel at a time (and even then, only if g_privateduel is 1) for a reason. They didn't want FFA deathmatch servers to be converted into Dueling servers, or else they wouldn't have put in the one duel limit. The JK2 modders (and the JA modders who copied the JK2 approach) made a major mistake by removing that limit, with fatal results for real FFA.

You keep saying "the game just turned into a social game" as if it was inevitable or accidental. It wasn't. It didn't have to happen that way.

I never said "I" developed altdim. Slider and I do a "lot" of discussion before he puts something out. If he's adding something, I want to make sure he knows what he's getting into.

I said the game turned into a social game. I never said it instantly and magically turned into it. Turned into does not mean instant. It means...turned into...whether fast or slow...it eventually turned into.

Who said anything about me not respecting what true ffa is? If I hated it...why is alt dimension around?

I never said "I" developed altdim.

You sure implied it by suggesting that the reason that the Alternate Dimension is "around" (exists) is because you don't "hate" true FFA, when in fact your feelings about true FFA one way or the other had absolutely zero influence on slider's inspiration for the Alternate Dimension. If not, why did you even mention the Alternate Dimension?

So either you are trying to imply that you created the Alternate Dimension because of your "respect" for true FFA, or you mentioned the Alternate Dimension to prove that you don't "hate" true FFA when in fact it's being "around" has absolutely no relationship to your feelings about true FFA one way or the other, and is therefore irrelevant.

I said the game turned into a social game. I never said it instantly and magically turned into it. Turned into does not mean instant. It means...turned into...whether fast or slow...it eventually turned into.

Who said instantly? I never said instantly, and I never said you said it either. It took time, but it wasn't a passive natural evolution as you are implying, it was an active process. The game didn't "just turn into" a chatting\dueling game, it was turned into a chatting\dueling game by the actions of the chatters\duelers at the expense of the fraggers, namely

1. Transforming Dathmatch servers into Dueling\Chatting servers by removing Raven's limit of no-more-than-one-duel-at-a-time in FFA
  2. Creating "no laming" rules and the abusive commands to brutally enforce them
  3. Creating an environment (disabled guns and Force powers) in so-called "FFA" that might be nice for dueling but is dumbed-down and yawn-inducing for true FFA

The games didn't "just turn into" a chatting\dueling game. That's like saying someone who was murdered "just turned into" a dead person.

Archived