Home

Battlestar Galactica

Aash Li

Has anyone been watching Battlestar Galactica? O_O That show just really fracking rocks. lol

This episode (or so) spoilers and such:

Poor beat-up cylon Sharon got killed, and the Sharon on caprica fled in that human-adapted cylon ship... Apollo and President Roslyn and some others fled the ship because the Alcoholic XO is playing dictator, and Adama finally woke up from his surgery/coma...

I so want to strangle the XO's wife, she such an evil conniving... *coughs*

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Its surprisingly good. I watched all of last season, but so far I haven't been catching the new episodes. Mostly because the show as a whole feels really tense, it seems like in every episode the stakes get raised more and more. There's no break from it, while I like being on the edge of my seat, I at least like having the option of reclining. Battlestar doesn't give you that, which is a credit to great writing.

I'm going to wait till midseason and then watch all the previous episodes in one viewing then do the same thing with the second half of the season.

I really like the way Firefly handled cursing. They made up words, or use Chinese Phrases.

The chinese sounds really natural, and since we don't know what they're saying it works.

Gorram and Ruttin' are also both good phrases methinks.

I like BG, but I have a hard time sitting down and watching, as I find myself drawn more towards re-watching Firefly again and again...I'm hopeless.

Mostly because the show as a whole feels really tense, it seems like in every episode the stakes get raised more and more. There's no break from it, while I like being on the edge of my seat, I at least like having the option of reclining.

I wasn't able to put it into words before, but I think this is why I have never gotten into it. I much prefer the classic series, even as cheesy as it seems to be now.

As for the word "frackin'" I think they used that on the old series as well.

• 1 month later...

Yes, Sharon/Boomer is one of my favourites.. from the new series. :) I like the new Cylons and their cg look, but I still think the men-in-armour look of the old tv show cylons were better... maybe they will bring them back at some point.

Did anyone see the season finale? OMG... that admiral woman needs to die, shes so evil. lol

I just starting watching the series myself after missing most of season 1. It's quite good, although I'm a little lost plot wise. Have they ever explained how the blonde female Cylon is communicating with the scientist?

And just how many guys are sleeping with that Cylon clone Sharon? I lost track around 3 or 4....

Well they did have one part where She basically tells him hes cracked, and so he goes to find out if he has anything implanted in his head. They found nothing, and eventually he returns to his belief that she really is a cylon vision. heh

I still think hes cracked and they are using his dementia to transmit her into his mind. Or maybe Baltair himself is a cylon and he just doesnt know it. >_>

Archived