Home

Who Likes Smallville?

MdKnightR

Who was the best Superman/Clark Kent?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Superman/Clark Kent?

• George Reeves (from the ancient days of TV)
    • Christopher Reeve (the ever classic movie series)
    • Dean Cain (Adventures of Lois and Clark)
    • Tom Welling (Smallville)

I am a big fan of Smallville and sincerely wish that they will continue the series until the point when he leaves Smallville behind and becomes Superman. At that point, it would be very easy for them to take it to the movies without spending half of the film explaining his origins, since that is the classic shortcoming of most every superhero flick. I doubt that my wish will come true, but I think that there is no better person to play Superman in this day and age than Tom Welling. Any thoughts?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However Michael Rosenbaum's interpretation of Lex Luthor puts a shadow on everyone else. He made Lex into this intriguing character, as he should be.

I agree. He plays him "on the edge of darkness" rather than the full blown egomaniac of Gene Hackman's portrayal of that character. Definately a welcome change!

I kinda liked Dean Cain in the series, even if it was cheesy. I never watched more than a couple episodes of Smallville, though I think kristen kurek is kinda pretty. :)

I am lucky that the local video rental has Smallville on DVD. I am about half-way through season 2 right now. Kristen is pretty, but I favor Allison Mack. Chloe is a much deeper character IMHO.

hehehe "played with her face as a fetish" Thanks now I have images of her in bed with someone and they are playing with her face, she wakes up the next day, and her face is stuck like that...

"If you make such faces it will freeze like that!"

And lukeiamyourdad comes through with yet another great pic! I like kristen kurek, but to each his/her own.

Anywho,

George Reeves- Classic. Reminds me of Adam West with his body type. Not the most in shape actor to play the role. In real life he had a drinking problem. Gets points for being classic and I grew up watching the reruns on nick at night.

Christopher Reeves- He IS Superman! The movies where a bit corny though, IMO. Ofcourse what do you expect with Richard Pryor?

Dean Cain- The show was corny, but he played the part great. Had the bodytype for the role,too. He fit the part the best overall, even is nostalgia has me wanting to vote Christopher Reeves.

Tom Welling- never watch the shpw, but he looks the part enough.

Brandon Routh- Time will tell. Has the face for superman. A bit Skiny.

The new Superman- Brandon Rough -Clicky

Vote- Dean Cain- Gets points for playing Pro football in the NFL. Albeit only for one season because of knee injury.

I voted for Tom Welling. He does a great job in his role as Clark Kent on Smallville. I like Christopher Reeves as Superman also but since he's not with us anymore...

Kristin Kreuk is a hottie. I don't know what InsaneSith is talking about with her eyes. They look F-I-N-E to me. Terri Hatcher is no slouch either. At 40 now the girl still has a hot bod. If I had to pick between the two...hmmm... I think I would give the nod to Terri since she has more sass and substance. I do like the brunettes though :D Oops, was I supposed to be comparing Erica Durance, Terri Hatcher, and Margot Kidder for the one that makes the best Lois Lane? Oh well, I guess I got distracted... :dev9:

I've watched Smallville since the beginning of season 2 but sometimes I wonder why I bother anymore. I like the story. Michael Rosenbaum has done a fantastic job portraying Lex Luthor. Allison Mack is also superb, although I fear her character won't make it out of Smallville alive. Unfortunately they haven't come up with enough compelling scripts for my taste. Many episodes are much too cheesy for me and are only so much blah filler for the main storyline of Clark Kent's becoming Superman. I'm not the teeny-bopper I once was and I can't stomach the FOTW stuff much anymore.

@ lukeiamyourdad

Is that photo of Terri Hatcher you posted genuine? It doesn't look right to me, like Terri's face placed on some other woman's body.

Brandon Routh- Time will tell. Has the face for superman. A bit Skiny.

I don't like that look! Not only is he too skinny, but the suit lacks detail....what I mean is the "S" and the "undies" are too small and it makes him look overly long and scrawny.

As for the hottest Lois, I would have to go with Erica Durance. I have never cared much for Margot Kidder and, while pretty, Terri Hatcher needs to keep her clothes on. If you don't know what I mean, she has done many a nude scene, and she really doesn't have the body for them.

Overall though, I think that Erica's character is a decoy. I believe that Chloe will become Lois Lane. The reason I say this is because there was one episode a couple of seasons ago when Chloe was terminated from her (summer?) job at the Daily Planet at the whims of Lionel Luthor, but she had one more story that she wanted to get published. The editor said he couldn't do it (out of fear of Luthor, no doubt), so Chloe said something like...Here, just use this pen name. My cousin couldn't care less about journalism, but she would probably be thrilled to see her name in the paper anyway...the name she wrote on the paper was "Lois Lane." And, if you follow the show at all, you know that Chloe is 10 times the reporter that Erica Durance's Lois is.

Archived