Home

Who Likes Smallville?

MdKnightR

Who was the best Superman/Clark Kent?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the best Superman/Clark Kent?

• George Reeves (from the ancient days of TV)
    • Christopher Reeve (the ever classic movie series)
    • Dean Cain (Adventures of Lois and Clark)
    • Tom Welling (Smallville)

Morris Chesnut would be my vote for John Stewart AKA Green Lantern, he or Taye Diggs.

I looked Morris Chesnut up on IMDB. I think he would be a good choice just based on looks, but I can't vouch for his acting ability since I have never seen any of the movies he has played in.

I was just thinking that no one has mentioned who would play Martian Manhunter or Hawkgirl. Any thoughts?

As far as the extended Justice League, I would hope they would include Firestorm in the movie, if just in a bit part.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd have just a cameo of Firestorm in the back. Pulling a bit of AoTC Aayla, just walking around or something.

Martian Manhunter could essentially go to anyone as they'd be caked in makeup/cgi. I don't really know who could play Hawkgirl, possibly Eliza Dushku as she's the only one I know of that can actually do a hardass.

Ryan Reynolds? I could see him being the Flash.

No word of it on IMDB, but I think he would be just the right kind of smartass to play the Flash in the way he is portrayed in Justice League Unlimited. He certainly proved it in Blade Trinity "I ate a lot of garlic, and I just farted! Silent but deadly!" Hilarious!

As for Eliza Dushku as Hawkgirl, I could see her playing the role, but, like Morris Chesnut, I haven't seen any of her movies either. As for women who play hardasses, what would you think of having Carrie-Anne Moss for the roll?

As for Firestorm, I agree that it should be no more of a role than Aayla in Star Wars even though he is one of my all time favorites. I don't know if you have ever read the comics, but early on in the series, there was a time when the Justice League tryed to stop him from doing something (I can't remember the circumstances). Firestorm told Superman to get out of his way, and when he refused, Firestorm changed the molecular structure of the air around Superman into a sphere of Kryptonite! Of course, Superman survived, but I tell you, THAT is POWER!

*votes Dean Cain*

I loved Lois and Clark. Always watched it when I was little. In fact, everytime I see Dean Cain, I think Superman. lol...

As for the others, Chritopher Reeve will probably always be the Superman, and Tom Welling is good as the younger version. Never heard of George Reeves....

And yeah, I liked Smallville, and I've watched pretty much seen all the seasons up to the last one, where I've trailed off a bit. There was another showed in the same timeslot that interested me, so... *will just get the season 4 Smallville DVDs* :D Oh yeah and Kristin Kreuk... :heart3:

I have to admit that I am astonished at the state of the poll at this point! I mean, come on, I only put Dean Cain in there as filler. I voted for Tom Welling because I am really into Smallville right now, but I would have expected Christopher Reeve to be in the lead.

As for who George Reeves is, here is a picture....

tv_guide_george_reeves.jpg

I remember the original Superman, but only because I saw it on Tvland... Im waaaaaaaay too young to have watched George Reeves when the shows were first aired. lol

I'm not super old, but I do recall seeing the episodes (no, not first run) in the afternoons after getting home from school. This was before cable, and television used rabbit ears (antennas) that needed to be moved around for getting a good signal. shock1 This had to be done for all channels.

History Lesson:

Out of 12 channels available 2-13 (there was no channel#1, and channel#3 was never used, don't know why) there were 3 VHF(Very High Frequency) channels on which the major networks were on (ABC, NBC, CBS,) the other channels remaining of the 12 were local affiliates or PBS stations.

Then there were the UHF(Ultra High Frequency)channels which were independently and locally owned and carried channels 14-83.

Wow- the dark ages. This took place in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I'm not super old, but I do recall seeing the episodes (no, not first run) in the afternoons after getting home from school. This was before cable, and television used rabbit ears (antennas) that needed to be moved around for getting a good signal. shock1 This had to be done for all channels.

History Lesson:

Out of 12 channels available 2-13 (there was no channel#1, and channel#3 was never used, don't know why) there were 3 VHF(Very High Frequency) channels on which the major networks were on (ABC, NBC, CBS,) the other channels remaining of the 12 were local affiliates or PBS stations.

Then there were the UHF(Ultra High Frequency)channels which were independently and locally owned and carried channels 14-83.

Wow- the dark ages. This took place in the San Francisco Bay Area.

I remember those days as well, but you can still buy the rabbit ears at Wal-mart. I am also far too young to have watched George Reeves as Superman as a first run, but it was rerun for many years. I happen to remember many of the episodes.

About the Flash, I was referring to there not being a listing of actors. I looked up the Ryan Reynolds bio and it doesn't have him listed for it. It would be cool though. There was a Flash TV series back in the late 80s/early 90s that I liked. Does anyone remember it?

I remember those days as well, but you can still buy the rabbit ears at Wal-mart. I am also far too young to have watched George Reeves as Superman as a first run, but it was rerun for many years. I happen to remember many of the episodes.

This one episode I never have forgotten, involves a guy wounded wearing an old style diving suit, http://www.marinebio.com/Oceans/S_C_U_B_A/ that shows up at the Daily Planet then dies. Crooks had used him to hide the loot from a heist inside of a water tower on top of an office building. Lois and Jimmy figure that out, and get trapped in the water tower and Superman saves them.

Now, I had this giant size Batman comic that compiled some of the Batman's first meetings with Joker and Selina Kyle (known as Cat) and had about 6 other stories. But one of the stories was exactly the same as the Superman episode. The murder of a diving suit guy in front of Police Headquater's, by some crooks and there was even a scene involving a water tower in which Batman and Robin get trapped in the water tower. They escaped by using a screwdriver thrown against the wood, thereby allowing Robin to get a foothold, climb out, and empty the water out saving Batman. Almost exactly the same story.

About the Flash, I was referring to there not being a listing of actors. I looked up the Ryan Reynolds bio and it doesn't have him listed for it. It would be cool though. There was a Flash TV series back in the late 80s/early 90s that I liked. Does anyone remember it?

Yup, I sure do remember the show. Don't remember all the episodes but I do remember one with Mark Hamill as The Trickster. Amanda Pays was quite striking at the time.The actor John Wesley Shipp was on Dawson's Creek but got killed off in the fifth season.

Yup, I sure do remember the show. Don't remember all the episodes but I do remember one with Mark Hamill as The Trickster. Amanda Pays was quite striking at the time.The actor John Wesley Shipp was on Dawson's Creek but got killed off in the fifth season.

I don't remember Mark Hamill being on the show, but I sure remember Amanda Pays. Ahh, those eyes! I could get lost in them.

Damn right she's hot!

famkejanssen3db9lk2.jpg

You don't mention Famke Janssen without me popping up :D

Well... Comments from the Italian Goddess... Yes Famle Janssen is very hot, but I have so many questions for you 'lukeiamyourdad'. I guess the first question is: 1. You Avatar and 'Italian Goddess' says female. 2. Your comment say, "You don't mention Famke Janssen without me popping up". I am not making fun of you, but what is your gender? Just curious.

Well... Comments from the Italian Goddess... Yes Famle Janssen is very hot, but I have so many questions for you 'lukeiamyourdad'. I guess the first question is: 1. You Avatar and 'Italian Goddess' says female. 2. Your comment say, "You don't mention Famke Janssen without me popping up". I am not making fun of you, but what is your gender? Just curious.

I am not sure that lukeiamyourdad knows which gender "it" is...male, female, eunuch, hermaphrodite, metrosexual, etc., etc., etc. One thing is for sure, "it" prefers sexual ambiguity.

Archived