Home

NOOOO!

drunkymonkey

I wonder if thay can actually make a decent Indy game though. Not 50 mediocher indy games, but at least one decent one. Indy is one of those perfect genres to be made into a decent game, they just haven't done it yet. maybe they will.

Joshi, you don't know your history. Sam & Max 2 was first developed by Infinite Machine. The company went bankrupt and S&M2 was taken up by LucasArse.

We should keep an eye on Steve Purcell's new website Spudvision.

Star Wars adventure: always wished there was one

Indy annually: as long as LucasArts doesn't develop the games...

I'll never forget Jim Ward and his helicopter made of money (another pro-Scummbar argument).

Indiana Jones game every year reeks of cheap cash ins. I'm no expert but I reckon you need at least two years to make a half-way decent game. And of course I base this on absolutely nothing, but it sounds right.

Haha, helicopter made of money. I totally created that.

To be honest I think I created the whole scapegoating of Jim Ward too... I mean, I bet he's not that bad. Simon Jefferies might have done exactly the same things, and anyway, most of the choices probably came from a board of governors. Just look at him. Look at his chubby little face. Doesn't he just want to be loved?

Mind you, it's too late to turn back now. The wheels of hatred and prejudice have already been set in motion. Burn him! Burn him!!

And yeah, I agree about the one year thing... these days it takes one year just to make the game engine, let alone the game. If they had a powerfull toolset that they could update and quickly use to make new games then it's just possible, but I'm going to need some real convincing.

Edit: When I was Googling Jim Ward's name I came across this. For some reason it makes me feel really guilty. :~

Well, look at FIFA okay, a game comes out for that every year, they only really improve one thing, and make a few cosmetic changes. And the fact is, an Indy game is going to be harder to make, with all the different animations and enviroments. I doubt they will be able to make a successful game series out of it. Successful in the shops possibly, but not successful in terms of quality.

From what I've read about EA Sports games they oscillate between two things every year. Like in one NHL there'd be lots of goals and the next would be altered so that there are less goals.

And what's it with that "father" on the grave stone? Why do they write that there? "beloved son", "husband and father"... is that so that people passing by can have some fun besides calculating the age of the dead guy?

Archived