Home

Action Figure, etc. (56k warning)

El Sitherino

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*takes a break from his usual lurking to bow at IS's superiority*

I used to have a bunch of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles action figures. I replaced them with Marvel action figures. I didn't leave any in the packaging. Toys are for playing, not looking.

Bleh... I have hundreds of action figures, they're just stuffed in boxes or dismantled(That's how it's said, right?) arou the house. The only action figures I have openly present are two Spider-man and one Venom figure with it's mask somewhere... lost...

I also have my X-wing but it's on a shelf, collecting dust, my Don Rosa comic books next to it ^.^

I haven't bought action figures in years and couldn't care less to buy any right now

• 2 weeks later...

*bump*

They're not really action figures, but they're something I collect. As Z, Zappa, and maybe Sith no I am fed up with Hasbro for a lot of their choices in figures made and their marketing practices. Almost a year ago, Wizards came out with a minis game with SW guys. I am one away from completing the first set and bought singles from the following two sets. I just got my cases of the fourth set in the mail and am so close to finishing it. Here's some pics:

Heroes

Villains

Beasts and Aliens (BIG version)

Beasts and Aliens (56k Friendly)

Battle of Hoth

Battle of Endor/ NJO vs Shadow Academy

They're fun to collect because like CCG it's all random and everything has a different rarity, fun to play with, and unlike most of the action figures, they're worth alot more than what I paid for them.

Katarn7, where'd you purchase those Star Wars Miniatures? I've looked in Walmart and Toys'R'Us and have only seen Star Wars Attacktix. Where do you find those at?

Wal-Mart is pretty much sold out of RotS boosters which are the first set to actually show up in retail stores around here. It's out of print, as is Clone Strike. Good luck finding those for a decent price ;)

I dunno if Wal-Mart or Target plan on getting the huge set or any other future ones for that matter. Do you have a local gaming store in a mall or something that sells AD&D and stuff like that? That's where I originally bought my starter. But retail price for these things is outrageous. If you're comfortable with online shopping, it's cheaper and more reliable to getting decent pulls. I recommend coolstuffinc.com. Non-huge boosters started at $8 each opposed to retail of $13. They're only so high now because those particular sets are out of print and impossible to get in stores. Huge boosters start at $13 opposed to $20 retail. If you have the money, I'd recommend getting a case instead of a bunch of boosters. It costs the same as if you got that amount of boosters from the site, only you're guaranteed a good blend of VR/R. In a normal set (12 in a case), there were 4 VRs and 6 Rs. In the huge set (6 in a case), you get 2 VRs and 4 Rs. If you do it individually, it's a 1/3 chance to pull those VRs which are usually the best pieces in the game.

Oh, and if you wanna get into even more detail, I'd just tell ya to ask me about it in the collecting area here. There's a bit more there I left out.

I think I have seen some on Ebay, dont really know much about these, but im sure they take up less room then the figures. Well too many years of collecting them to stop now. Hehehehe. And plus I could never really get into those mini's.

They're neat. I like them. It's a fun game too, but I'm not too into that. More or less casual play. I don't go to tournies or anything.

And if you buy singles, eBay is the place to go. I found Luke Jedi Master for 'only' $28. Yeah, that's very expensive for a tiny piece of plastic, but it beats paying $45 from coolstuff or $30+ on all other eBay auctions. I may need to jump on him for the sake of getting him at a low price. Imagine what he'll be when this set is out of print! :| I can wait awhile on the other VRs I need (Ackbar, Leia, Kyle) because they don't sell for that much compared to Luke.

Gotta love super articulated figures. The Vintage Original Trilogy guys were awesome for that, as are the new RotS pilot Obi-Wan, AotC and RotS Clones, Clone Commander, and the Evolutions guys just coming out.

I bought Jedi Master Luke mini for $20 and Kyle for $13 off eBay. Awesome deals considering what you see them go for :cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived