Home

Mystery of the MYTH (Will there be a KOTOR 3 ?)

Darth Havok

:ben: After playing the first two games over and over numerous times, nearly pazaaking myself to death (You really can make some decent credits playing that) Exploring every avenue, and making sure I had seen everything at least once, I realized, there MUST be a third game, if there is not, my little KOTOR world will calapse around me, and I will cry myself to sleep for at least one night. (Probably more) I have to know, based on the mature opinions of these forums *Snicker* Will there, or will there not, be another installment of the game? And if so, will it follow to storyline? What do you think?

I think there will be another game and it will finish the story started in TSL and have a new story of its own.

My guess is you'll start as a new character, learn the force from a mysterious old man who looks strangely like Jolee Bindo, find T3-M4 and HK-47, the droids know where Revan and the Exile went, you go to face this new threat talked about in TSL. That’s my story and I’m stickn' to it.

Now, will KotOR III be any good at all? I can't say for sure. If they have longer than a 1 year development, then yes.

Oh, and if you wanna play pazaak on you pc any time you want download it from here:

http://www.k0m3k.htmlz.net/pazaak/

ACK! I've been "called out".. hehehe

purely IMO, I think the KotOR Franchise is just way too popular to not go with a 3rd version. I'd like to see a 3rd, if just for some 'closure' to the story (as mentioned in another post of mine).

To me there's too many un-answered questions left (story wise). If Obsidian, or whomever takes over the role, can come back with a storylline that answers those questions, or something that just lays us flat on our keesters, I think they will gain back alot of the initial rapport with the fans.

KotOR, both series, have made a big name for itself with gamers. When, TSL was just in the "mentioning" phase, it became hectic and the initial build-up was intense. The day it was released, our own forums were flooded with "Where did you get the game at?? It's sold out here!" or "Arggh... it's not on the shelves yet!" (bring back memories anyone? ;) hehe... )

I indeed at least hope there will be a 3rd, and I just can't see LA thinking a 3rd release to be a "bad move"... if I had to place a bet, then I'd say "All or nothing that there will be a KotOR III"... of course, me being at work right now pretty much says I'm not all that great with gambling.. :fist:

Let's hope my luck changes, at least for this bet.. ;)

I really hope you are right, because seriosuly, the series has so much potential. It reminds me back in the day of like, resident evil, when I would keep telling myself "They can NEVER make too many of these" It' IMO that they could keep making KOTOR games forever, like James Bond, and it would still captivate gamers because of the creative storylines (Which, I would say, are better than some of the star wars movies) and the massive areas, and non-linear gameplay, you can even change aspects of the damn PLOT. Here is the thing, as long as the game has those aspects, it doesnt matter to me who releases it, and with what graphics engine, as long as I can play a true KOTOR game, and explore new areas and storylines, thats good enough for me.

Well, yeah, I would like to have that kind of optimism about it, but I am just worried that they might cancel the whole thing altogether, video game companies have done that before, even with the story not being finished. What about Jedi Knight? Dark Forces 2 came out ages ago, and then, just recently, out of the f'ing blue comes JEDI KNIGHT 2 or whatever, and Im not sure if LA does it that way, that I would be any happier than if they just canned it. I mean...I don't want to age half a decade (while my computer does the same) and wait for the third game to come it. It just kind of makes me mad that it isnt on their lineup. Especially when they make stupid a$$ games like "MERCENARIES" instead of the games people really like. Oh well, Heres to hoping, but somehow, I feel like we will all be a few years older when the game comes out, and by that time it will be like "OH! I FORGOT ALL ABOUT KOTOR"

Lol, Dark Forces II. The first computer game I ever beat. I was just seven then. Ah, the memories...

You do bring up a good point. The Dark Forces franchise was going pretty good, but all of the sudden it just stopped. I guess there is a possibility of them doing that with KotOR. I sure hope not, though. If they wait more than five years it'll be to late for me. I'll be living in a remote area of Egypt...

I can't see Lucasarts not doing a third installment (for that matter, as long as it remains a money-maker, more installments after that). KOTOR has been successful, both financially and popularity-wise. It's given fans of Star Wars an arena to play a character in the Star Wars universe in a manner never done before (ie. RPG story driven).

It's my opinion (and hope) that Lucasarts not only does a KOTOR III to close the KOTOR series saga, but does more cRPG type games in the Star Wars universe.

There will be at least one episode in the KOTOR franchise, just take the open ending in KOTOR II with Revan still missing in the Outer Rim and the Exile and T3 searching for him in the Ebon Hawk. I think LA will bring the tale of Revan to an end with it.

There should be a KOTOR III and since it was just released in what December 2004, it isn't exactly odd that nothing has been said about a third installment yet.

As far as bringing the story to an end, I think the third game would do just that. Too many games could become a little tedious and unoriginal considering that in every game, a new playable character will be introduced, which in my opinion, is a little lame.

Here's hoping that KOTOR III is announced soon after the release of the Next-Gen consoles.

I guess I can see what you are saying james, but at the same time, I have to say, so far the games have remained similar in structure and gameplay, yet uniquely playable each time. Both games reflect each other, but they have their own styles as well. And also, I think they have found a BRILLIANT way of incorporating the players own created charactor into the storyline. I can say this is the only series of games I have ever beat more than once, and I nearly never beat games. Personally, I would be happy with an ongoing cash-cow series like final fantasy or something. Just my opinion. But also, it seems to me that KOTOR 2 was announced fairly quickly after the hit success of the first game. Point being, as an avid fan, you have to kind of wonder whats going to happen to something you love. Thats all

But also, it seems to me that KOTOR 2 was announced fairly quickly after the hit success of the first game.

True, but you have to remember the second game was rushed mainly because LA wanted to monopolize on their newest success. After the second one went on sale and everyone had played it, there was a backwash of people who hated it mostly because it was rushed. I think LA plans on making a third installment, but is smart enough not to let the public know at this point in time, because they know that most of the fans would be petitioning them saying "DON'T RUSH ON THIS!". The way I look at it, there will be a third one, but we won't be hearing about it any time soon. Not to say it'll take half a decade or more, but it will probably be a few more months until we hear anything about it.

Just my opinion. :)

Good point Dark Lord, all I am saying is that if the game takes too long to make, then people are going to lose interest. Yes, Kotor 2 was a bit rushed, and you felt it throughout the game, but you know what? I loved that game, and I can't find it in me to hold that fact against what is otherwise, an awesome video gaming expierience. I mean, there are not really many other games where you can do the things you can in knights of the old republic. Overall, I hope you guys are right that the game is on the slate somewhere, but damn, I am having trouble finding something fun to hold me over untill the next one, perhaps Jade Empire? I don't know. But anyway, yeah, I personally think the game isx on the way, I just somehow hope it is more on the way then they are letting on.

True, but you have to remember the second game was rushed mainly because LA wanted to monopolize on their newest success. After the second one went on sale and everyone had played it, there was a backwash of people who hated it mostly because it was rushed. I think LA plans on making a third installment, but is smart enough not to let the public know at this point in time, because they know that most of the fans would be petitioning them saying "DON'T RUSH ON THIS!". The way I look at it, there will be a third one, but we won't be hearing about it any time soon. Not to say it'll take half a decade or more, but it will probably be a few more months until we hear anything about it.

Just my opinion. :)

My guess is it'll be on the XBox 360. And they'll want to build a new engine for it, so that'll add atleast 1 year of development, probably more. So the earliest we'd see it is around early to mid 2007.

KOTOR FANS UNITE! lol. It's true though, it seems to me almost like LA has gone a little downhill. Where they used to have a lot of sweet games, now they are kind of making dumb ones. But what the hell, they keep making KOTOR, and I will be a loyal customer.

Anyway guys, I really want to encourage anyone to keep their eyes peeled for any rumors, or announcements about the game (we have all already seen the scam announcment from a "Leading Member" of Bioware, so please, spare us that one.) But if anyone hears anything, and can show where the found the information, it would really be great to hear about the game.

I did email the CEO Of obsidian a couple weeks ago, and he told me that alot of them really want to do a KTR3 but they arent sure whether or not it will be done, or if they are going to do it. Still, I just thought it was kind of neat that the CEO emailed me back, it kind of makes me like the video game industry that much more than all the other companies out there.

Archived