Home

Mystery of the MYTH (Will there be a KOTOR 3 ?)

Darth Havok

Here is a theory:

1. KotOR III will be released in 2007/2008.

2. KotOR III is being worked on secretly, but with a small team.

3. KotOR III will have a new game engine, which is similar to "Empire at War".

4. KotOR III is probally being built from the ground up.

5. KotOR III will be available for XBOX 360 and PC only.

6. KotOR III will be more cinematic than KotOR I.

7. KotOR III will be based upon Revan only, and you will have a new team to pick from. Since the Exile is dead at the end of KotOR II, you will not see him or her in KotOR III.

I did email the CEO Of obsidian a couple weeks ago, and he told me that alot of them really want to do a KTR3 but they arent sure whether or not it will be done, or if they are going to do it. Still, I just thought it was kind of neat that the CEO emailed me back, it kind of makes me like the video game industry that much more than all the other companies out there.

Truthfully, I believe ObsidianEnt. will not be the one to make KotOR III. If I can place a bet on it, I think BioWare will return to the helm. ObsidianEnt is allways getting involved with the public, for they try to control their PR. If you want to learn more about KotOR III, I would go to the people who are in charge 'Lucas Arts'. I learned through my experiences that you should go to the source. If the horse's mouth doen't say anything, then everything else is speculation, rumor, or a public relations stunt to win over a contract.

But Lucas Arts won't tell you what they are doing/not doing...

At best they will answer something along the lines of I find you lack of faith disturbing:p but more likely it will be nothing or something like what they said in an interview: That's a great idea. [Poker face]

But Lucas Arts won't tell you what they are doing/not doing...

At best they will answer something along the lines of I find you lack of faith disturbing:p but more likely it will be nothing or something like what they said in an interview: A: That's a great idea. [Poker face]

I think the writer of the article wanted to start a fire. When I read the article, the writer never commented on other facial expressions. If we know how he reacted to the other questions, then we can draw a conclusion about his answer to KotOR III.

Since we all have experience with outsider sources, (GameBanshee & ObsidianEnt), I can conclude that their actions were solely for self promotion. How did I conclude this: 1. Obsidian promised a game patch, but Lucas Arts didn't release one. 2. GameBanshee released an article, which were based upon Obsidian's comments, which turned out not to be true. Irony, it is about the same subject. The only people we have not heard from, in great detail, is Lucas Arts.

However, you are right. "That's a great idea. [Poker face]" is not an indication, but rather a questionable answer. [Poker face] <--- This reaction could also be based upon, 'oky lets move on to the next subject'. I really don't think Lucas Arts was happy with Obsidian's product, and I think they are trying to distance themselves from Obsidian. There is something strange in the air...

You also have to remember, when you look at the KotOR II files, with the KotOR Tool, you will find most of them are labled: BioWare. I am beginning to think that Lucas Arts was unhappy with Obsidian, and they decided: "Hey! Since your not building a new product, from the ground up, I want you to release it on this date." Otherwords, we hired you to make a new KotOR, but you went against our expectations...

Another thought, which just came to mind. Lucas Arts could be unhappy with the fact that Obsidian released a game with a poor quality visual and audio files. When ObsidianEnt made a patch for them, Lucas Arts was probally pissed. Since the sound and visual files are essential, and core elements in game development, this would be the final blow to Obsidian's reputation.

Otherwords, Lucas Arts is keeping a closed lid on KotOR III, for they want Obsidian to disapear. Since Lucas Arts is closed mouthed, Obsidian keeps damaging their reputation by making false statements. Obsidian is damaging themselves now, and Lucas Arts is pulling away from them.

Otherwords, Lucas Arts is keeping a closed lid on KotOR III, for they want Obsidian to disapear. Since Lucas Arts is closed mouthed, Obsidian keeps damaging their reputation by making false statements. Obsidian is damaging themselves now, and Lucas Arts is pulling away from them.

I think you are reading a bit too much into this... you should write novels :p The only thing I can say is that the answer raises more questions than it answers them.

In any event, employees and other representants of gaming companies cannot reveal information about a future product unless it has been officially announced. Even then, the information is always "filtered": they give you some tidbits to weat your appetite until the final release. This does apply to gaming and to many other areas as well.

I think you are reading a bit too much into this... you should write novels :p The only thing I can say is that the answer raises more questions than it answers them.

In any event, employees and other representants of gaming companies cannot reveal information about a future product unless it has been officially announced. Even then, the information is always "filtered": they give you some tidbits to weat your appetite until the final release. This does apply to gaming and to many other areas as well.

Yeah! Somtimes I do read too much into things... lol... I just noticed this thread:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150539&page=1&pp=40

The above link, which is linked to several others is an example of people trying to start fires. If you don't hear it from Lucas Arts, then I would take everything as just rumor.

Macleod, Perhaps Lucas arts is unhappy with the product, but personally, I think they shouldnt be. Although I believe Bioware did an excellent job, I still loved Kotor 2. See, I don't give a flaming damn about graphics. If I want to look at a pretty picture, I'll go grab a playboy, ok? Im in this for the story, and for the detailed, non-linear gameplay. If they can deliever that, but only with somewhat LESS than top of the line graphics, screw that, I can handle it.

I have to revert back to the original motive behind building this thread: impatience. I have to admit, I really just want the game to come out. Guess that's fandom, huh? Well, anyway, I really do hope the game will be seen before 2007, I'd say that's probably a little bit too long of a wait. Wouldn't you?

i believe that this correct......i know that companies are not allowed to say anything about a game until its made public and MacLeodCorp is way to far in space to even think about the whole thing....no offence...... but also i think that the more that people and fans of the game keep bashing obsidian was actually the best choice i think that they made...... anyway i belive that people should not bash the companies..... i mean do people really want a third game? if so the lucas arts are going to want a company that the people are happy with and they wont be able to decide which one to use so i think that every one should be fine with whatever decsion that they come up with and be greatfull that they are considering makeing a third game.....

i hope not the game engine is what makes KOTOR what it is! it wont be the same if they change it!
I agree, I hope they just update the current game engine. It's just not KotOR without the Odessy engine.

And rhinomatt, welcome to swk! :)

Lucas Arts has in the past had a lot of trouble making decent console and pc games and like you guys said I can't imagine them not going with such a popular game.

Furthermore I think it would be awesome to possibly even see a kotor 4 and 5 if they can continue to come up with original ideas but we'll see...

• 2 weeks later...
:ben: After playing the first two games over and over numerous times, nearly pazaaking myself to death (You really can make some decent credits playing that) Exploring every avenue, and making sure I had seen everything at least once, I realized, there MUST be a third game, if there is not, my little KOTOR world will calapse around me, and I will cry myself to sleep for at least one night. (Probably more) I have to know, based on the mature opinions of these forums *Snicker* Will there, or will there not, be another installment of the game? And if so, will it follow to storyline? What do you think?

I think their will be another KotOR; however, you won't hear about it untill the end of next year. I could actually see on coming out in 2007.

Archived