Home

KOTOR III Story Ideas

Darth Havok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think reestablishing the Jedi Order would be nice and probably make the most sense as the driving force behind the story. Maybe finding Revan and the Exile being an intricate part of that whether to help them or stop them. (forgive me if I'm thinking strictly lighs side here.) Redeeming the Jedi in the eyes of the republic governemts and common people alike.

The story should be about saving the galaxy sure, but from a different foe than domination or descruction, the PC should be saving the galaxy from itself or helping to rebuild it. After all they've had two wars in the past. . . 10 years? That's gotta be rough.

I'd like it where the story isn't so much about the PC being the 'chosen' who will deliver the galaxy, but rather have their journey being a quest to unite those who can. Maybe your first quest should be to find a ship, Ebon Hawk or not.

I would LOVE to see some of the characters from the first two games come back, not just the droids (who are pretty much a given) but characters like Misson and Jolee (funniest damned Jedi ever!). Or at the very least to find out about thier ultimate fates. Jolee as a force spirit would be great, if not ideal, after all he WAS an old man. . .

I think the story should have more romantic story lines where you aren't confined to ONE of TWO choices, but rather the party as a whole or even to non party members just to add a bit more depth.

Take the best elements of both games and use them. K1 was wonderful in that it felt epic, it felt like there was impending doom. K2 did what. . . really should have been done more often, get you to question the righeouness of the Jedi and the extremes of the Sith. Even causing you to think thatthey can BOTH be right and BOTH be wrong. There's something to that line of thinking, the Jedi aren't always the shinning knights and the Sith aren't always the evil overlords. K3 should exploit that and expand upon that.

Um. . . thats all I can think of at the moment, more later I think.

I had an idea that I posted on another thread. I think you should start out a fairly young Sith. Your family and all of your peers and everyone you know are Sith. That's how you've been raised, and it's the only way of life you've ever known. Then the Jedi come along and try to save you and get you to know the Light. You have the choice to be saved or remain loyal to the Sith.

K2 did what. . . really should have been done more often, get you to question the righeouness of the Jedi and the extremes of the Sith. Even causing you to think thatthey can BOTH be right and BOTH be wrong. There's something to that line of thinking, the Jedi aren't always the shinning knights and the Sith aren't always the evil overlords. K3 should exploit that and expand upon that.

Bravo, I agree with that 100%. And no, I didnt think you were being at all too lightsided, I mean, I always play both, and I have found that even with story backdrop such as that, they are able to put in ways for it to be both. Anyway, LA should listen to people like you. :lsduel:

well, this could be a long read, but i've been contemplating this for quite some time.

first, i think it would be fitting that Kotor 3 would deal with the True Sith instead of the imitation-sith that we've been fighting against in the last two games. and i'm thinking you could play off of the True Sith being more than just your basic Darkside users. i think the True Sith could finally be the ones that have a tendancy to use all aspects of the Force, not just strictly the lightside or darkside. the difficult part would be to project them in a way that seems evil to us.

my thoughts were for them to see the Dark Jedi as nothing more than Jedi that use the Darkside, and of course to view the current Jedi as Lightside users. by twisting around the True Sith's belief structure, they can construe that both the Dark and Light Jedi are exactly what they sound like: Jedi. since these 'True Sith' believe in using all parts of the Force, they would view both Light and Dark Jedi as one opposing group. you can then add in what Kreia mentioned in TSL that the Republic is nothing more than a shell to house the Jedi, and you would then have full reasoning for the True Sith Empire to attack the Republic.

you can then set things up so that the light path would be a bit more simplistic in that your PC is simply trying to make sure the Republic does not fall and that the Jedi remain devoted to the Lightside of the Force. the dark path could end up being a bit different as you would have the opportunity to gain influence over the Senate and eventually be able to control the Repbulic through manipulation. but the idea there is simply to make it an opportunity that, of course, can be squandered. i'm thinking that it could be possible to do the same thing as a lightsider, but with a different outcome that i haven't fully contemplated as of yet.

anyways, the story would entail you having to free several worlds that have come under attack by the 'True Sith'. instead of making all the planets the same thing over and over, you could make it so that the first one would be where you are launching an offensive against the Sith; the second where you are defending the world; and the third where you have to infiltrate it and overthrow the newly established Sith rule. while you're at it, you can intermix a couple of other places that the Sith have been attracted to through the Force. this would greatly enhance replay value as you could go through the game five or six times and not play through it the same way twice due to the planet order and your PC's alignment.

i know its a bit simplistic, but it sounded like a descent idea to me. :)

There is only so much you can do story wise with Star Wars.... in the end its always someone stuggling with dark/light, someone falling in love....someones hand coming off.....a big war in the stars.

How about adding a more bizzarre story line??? Something which adds homour as well.

Maybe show there is peace 10,000 years after the Final star wars movie........Jedi are still around as they are virtually galactic "police". The many years of peace has led to many Jedi being as good as an average Police Officer - handling off misdermeanours and the occasional thug/criminal/murderer.

Jedi arent as powerful as they once were. Many are made Jedi's because they are merely force sensitive and never anything more. Most do so just as a "job". Some Jedi are better than others, some Jedi are still true to the cause albeit not as near as strong with the force as those in the years before.

Now this goes in line with what Kreia states in TSL. That many of the ancient Sith Lords were MUCH more powerful with the force and especially with the Light Saber.

This shows that over time while more people are connected to the force...the strength and technique is being watered down.

However after 10,000 years of peace something terrible happens.

A gigantic black hole appears near the Capital of the Galaxy. Many days go by and people are unaware as to what the cause is of this.

There is a large congregation around this black hole when suddenly thousands of Sith Ships appear. All jumping from out of the black hole.

The attack begins shortly after as the entire nearby planet is bombarded.

On one of the Sith Ships is a man, this character is you. Are you a Sith? Or are you a remaining Republic Soldier trying to warn people of what is to come......?

The story goes on to try and determing what the threat is, why it has attacked unprovoked.

What the story is......

There is a Sith Lord who's hate for the Republic and Jedi is so strong that he is willing to go back and destroy every Galactic planet. Not content with destroying a planet once, he is attempting to destroy history altogether. He also feels that the current Jedi are too weak and thus wants to face tougher and tougher Jedi and Sith Lords eventually proving that he is the most powerful ever.

While he is able to jump back to a different time in history, the only negative side is that he can only jump back a few hundred decades at a time and must wait weeks before being able to jump again.

While this seems bordering on the insane, there is only one way to save the destruction which has happened in the future.......and that is to save the past and present.

Will you aid the republic? will you aid the Sith??? How did the Sith create the time machine? How many years in the future was it created? How long have they been trying to go back in time. Is part of this time travel what is causing them to get more and more power???

Who will help you in your battle......

Along the way your character meets a Jedi whom is renown for his ability with the force....you are amazed that he is ......errrm a rather large man.

Well when one is so strong with the force, what use is there for peak physical conditioning?

I know the story has flaws...but its a little more original.....no love, no beautiful jedis and a violent story line.

Bravo, I agree with that 100%. And no, I didnt think you were being at all too lightsided, I mean, I always play both, and I have found that even with story backdrop such as that, they are able to put in ways for it to be both. Anyway, LA should listen to people like you.

Thanks!

I hope that someone in the possition to do something about the game reads these forums as a whole, many fans have some golden ideas that are worth using.

Basically what it comes down to is that my favorite parts of the games came from talking to two characters.

Jolee Bindo and Kriea.

In K1, Jolee does a wonderful job at showing you the fallibility of the Jedi. His story of the blind Jedi and his story of the Jedi who got sucked into the intake are great examples, the latter being funny as all hell to boot! Those combined with the story he tells you about his past, cause you to understand that the Jedi are not all which we have been lead to believe. Subtly letting you know that (through control) both Jedi and Sith have to kill something within themselves in order to become what they become.

In K2, Kriea takes that many steps forward. Showing you that light doesn’t always equal right, on top of that she delivers it with such conviction that its hard not to really think about the lessons to be learned from her teachings. Her role in the story was a great one, and I’m not speaking of her role as the villain or as the one character who actually knew what was going on. Much of what she said was true and for that, for bring that truth to story and SW universe as a whole. When it came time to speak those final words and I offered her redemption, I did so not because it was the Jedi way, but because I understood what drove her and I could sympathize.

More than that, I did it because I didn’t want her character to be lost, I truly wanted her to be saved. She had done what I don’t believe has been done often enough in RPG’s, which was bring to the story a touch of humanity that was very real. And quite frankly I loved her for it, her character and what she had done for the story was wonderful. Unfortunately it took till my second play through to recognize that fact.

Jolee and Kriea had both shown in their own respective ways that, neither side was as simple as they were at face value. They show you what’s beneath the surface, or at the very least cause you want to find out. That’s something I hope doesn’t get lost when K3 rolls around, because those elements bring about a realism which is all too often lacking in many games.

More than that, I did it because I didn’t want her character to be lost, I truly wanted her to be saved. She had done what I don’t believe has been done often enough in RPG’s, which was bring to the story a touch of humanity that was very real. And quite frankly I loved her for it

Exactly! When I played through K2, one of my favorite things about playing the game in the first place was Kreai. In my first playthrough, when I wasnt sure what was going on, that charactors words actually made me doubt myself, as I was playing a light jedi. I had to wonder whether what I was doing was helping, or harming. It became a true in game goal of mine to please that charactor, and in the end, I explored every avenue of persausion, because I wanted her to live I wanted her charactor to remain in the story. Books can do this to someone over a charactor, but an rpg? That is trully a triumph of story and charactor construction, that I think partially branches from the fact that through each game, you create a person, yet they have a story already made for them, it makes the game real, and by the end, you care about the charactors. Much more than you would in any other game or movie. So, my idea for the story is pretty simple. I want them to continue what they are doing. And we need another mentor charactor like Kreai, or Jolee. I read someone on this thread, or maybe another suggesting that they have a force ghost thing of jolee, I think that would be neat. Also, maybe they could look into a Kreai force ghost, that would make me smile, thats all I am saying. :twogun:

KotOR II: The Outer Rim: Battle of the Sith

KotOR III will begin or end on Yavin IV.

If the game starts on Yavin IV:

Revan will be your PC again, and this time you are going to fight the ancient Sith. You will find the spirit of Exar Kun on Yarvin IV, and he will explain to you where to find the Sith. Again, as the PC Revan, you will journey to the outer rim. At some point you will meet up with the Exile, which who will become your Apprentice. However, the Exile will turn against you, for you have choosen the darkside, or the Exile will join you through till the end.

If the game ends on Yavin IV:

Revan will be your PC again, and this time you are going to fight the ancient Sith. You will journey to the outer rim. At some point you will meet up with the Exile, which whom will become your Apprentice. However, the Exile will turn against you, for you have choosen the darkside, or he/she will join you through till the end. All the clues through the game will be from facing Sith Masters who trained using ancient Sith teachings. They will be the toughest yet. After you assembled all the clues together, they will lead to Exar Kun on Yavin IV in the Old Jedi Onclave. At that point in the game, your Apprentice will either turn against you, or he will join with you inorder to kill off a group of vicious Sith, which whom have studied from old Sith teachings. It will be explained that the Sith have been hidding on Yavin IV, for they knew the Jedi Masters would not search for them there. You will confront the spirit of Exar Kun, which he will try one last time to take over the galaxy. I believe he will aid another Dark Lord, whom is still alive, and this new Dark Lord will betray him. In the confussion, Revan will defeat this new Dark Lord, kill all the present Sith, and abandon the Yavin IV OnClave, and the only being left living will be the Spirit of Exar Kun. I also think there will be an air battle, but I can't connect the dots...

Premise of the game will be to collect information about the 'True Sith' teachings, prepare Revan and The Exil, and to find a hidden OnClave.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/character/exarkun/eu.html

(According to the database, which is considered canon, Exar Kun's spirit resides on Yavin IV.)

(Sorry if my grammar is off tonight, for I am on some heavy alergy medication.) :)

This is one thing I don't think I could ever really understand. Why is it everyone finds it at all practical to assume the PC's from the prior games again, when those PC's were individual to each player? I mean, It would make sense if maybe they could use your save data or something, but somehow, I highly doubt LA will do anything more than vaugely alude to the exsistance of Revan and the exile. But thats just my opinion.

RPG's are as RPG's are, and as such in KOTOR III we will start with a new level 1 character we will not be playing the Exile or Revan, there is no debating it, and if it is otherwise many of us will not buy it.

But rest assured, we will see or learn the fates of both Revan and the Exile in KOTOR III as they are part of the story.

Oh, and btw Macleod, I wasnt demeaning your ideas at all. I really think your story idea is rockin'. I am just saying I think it would be hard to bring the PC's from the last game back. I think, as long as they make mention of the old chars, bringing in a totally new one with another neat past would be great. I mean, people loved revan, and then the Exile came, people loved him also, they could hit another great char again, you never know.

been looking at some of the ideas and have to say they're all very good!

Don't have any story ideas, but would like to see a fresh character rather than play as the Exil or Revan again. Perhaps as a rookie student joining the new Jedi academy, which could be run by some of the old characters

I.e those you you teach to be jedi in RoTS

and have different people teach you depending on what class you choose.

RPG's are as RPG's are, and as such in KOTOR III we will start with a new level 1 character we will not be playing the Exile or Revan, there is no debating it, and if it is otherwise many of us will not buy it.

But rest assured, we will see or learn the fates of both Revan and the Exile in KOTOR III as they are part of the story.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts there RedHawke. Thanks.

I also see everyone trying to reinvent Star Wars. Pointless, if you do manage it won't be Star Wars anymore and people would lose interest. Better to figure out what makes Star Wars, Star Wars and enhance those things rather than change them.

Then the True Sith. Again you are trying to introduce bad guys that are badder and bigger then what we've seen so far. It's already been tried in the novels in the form of the Yuuzhan Vong and they failed. Why do you think no one uses them outside of the novels? Not even the comics touch them. It's unneccessary to introduce newer badder bad guys. What is in the Star Wars universe right now is more than enough.

Keep the lightside VS the darkside story - but give it depth. Imagine Ep3 RotS in a 50+ hour rpg instead of a 2 hour movie. Show the personal voyage that leads the scion of good into the malevolent ruler. Show it through deep character development and you got an epic on your hands.

Or if you prefer the darkside show the paragon of evil bent on revenge, turn into a hero and benevolent saviour. Give depth to the character, give him personal demons and secret desires, then let the player decide which path to take and again the epic is made.

I think this is shortsighted. I don't think people would like it if you played a character that was anything less than Revan.

I think the statemeant above, is the definition of shortsighted. If you are the one man in the world who's being could destroy the Force (the thing that holds EVERYTHING together, yeah, that force) The man who decides the fate that befalls the entire galaxy, to call that pathetic, well...I'm afraid you may be expecting too much. Besides that fact, My point was simply that you can't keep reinventing Revan over and over every time they make a game. You realize revan was different for everyone who played the game? Some were male, some where female. Some were light, some were dark. Some had black hair, some had red. It just might be a bit complicated, and a little bit hard to believe in, when you have to rebuild revan for the second time in a game.

Anyway though, the exile, you know, the one who EVERYONE and their brother would follow into the light, or into utter darkness. The one whose companions would give their lives for him, and don't even know why. The one who could possibly kill all life...I'm just having a little trouble seeing how this guy could ever be described as pathetic.

How about you have to fight an fanatical alien super race from another galaxy that cannot be detected through the Force, and they wear and fly around space in living animals (not like fur coats) that shoot lava at you (pteewweee)! And the Jedi realize that the Jedi generations for the last 10,000 years were a bunch of dummies and there really is no dark side, which means you can lightening and choke everyone in the name of peace and justice!

Doesn't that sound awesome??!!

Ok, your right. That's dumb...

;)

Just kidding, NJO fans...

Set 30 years after Kotor 2. You start off in a major space battle between you and a hordes of Sith fleets. Admiral Carth Onasi is leading the Republic counter attack over the planet of Dantooine you are apart of a special Jedi attack team to infiltrate there main battle ship "The Red Eye III" and detain there commander.

The battle rages on you fight your way through the ship and find out the commander has escaped but you sense a disturbance in the force once you reach the cockpit. A group of Dark Jedi ambush you, you and your 2 companion Jedi fight your way to the escape pod bay but you and your team fall. A old woman picks up your body and throws it into the escape pod and ejects it before the ship is destroyed.

You crash just outside of the Jedi Temple. You come too and you question the strange old woman who reveals herself to be an exile from the past. She cannot explain for long because Jedi arrest her moments later. The council asks for your presence in there chambers. The council informs you that Admiral Carth Onsai that his ship and his fleet has been destroyed but oddly enough the Sith have retreated. You tell the council this is impossible they were outnumbered and outgunned the council give brief glances at each other. You ask who this old woman is and they inform you she was once known as the Jedi Knight.... to be continued.....

How about you have to fight an fanatical alien super race from another galaxy that cannot be detected through the Force, and they wear and fly around space in living animals (not like fur coats) that shoot lava at you (pteewweee)! And the Jedi realize that the Jedi generations for the last 10,000 years were a bunch of dummies and there really is no dark side, which means you can lightening and choke everyone in the name of peace and justice!

This seems oddly familiar and unsettling. . .

Doesn't that sound awesome??!!

No, not really. Not even a little bit. What makes Jedi and Sith and the Force so cool is that its a constant battle between light and dark that happens on the field and within each character.

Force choking is bad, why not talk things out instead? I'm sure your Admiral didn't mean to back his Star Destroyer into the Death Star on purpose, after all its not like they have rear view mirrors on those things. . . all this nifty futuristic tech and they can't even place a camera to see if the path is clear. I've seen minivans with those things!

Ok, your right. That's dumb...

See, I knew you'd see things my way ;)

;)

Just kidding, NJO fans...

Oh yeah, THAT'S where that was from. What a total kick to the nuts of fans that series was!

Whoa hey, lets not say things we don't mean. . . .

While I would love a new pc at the beginning of the game, I certainly wont be dissappointed and stingy with pocket change if I was forced to play as either Revan or The Exile again.

That, more than any proposed story idea, is what I'm most concerned about. So long as we are given some closure to their stories (and a few other characters), then the new writers can pretty much take the game in any direction. Chances are they will end up giving us a story that is unexpected and enjoyable.

Archived