Home

KOTOR III Story Ideas

Darth Havok

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Admiral Carth Onasi is leading the Republic counter attack over the planet of Dantooine
Well there is the issue of continuity. Since it is possible

to kill Carth in KotOR

then is doesn't make a whole lot of sense to base your story on events that he's a part of. Notice how OE worked him into a supporting role only after you set Revan's gender and alignment?

I just came up with a new idea for the 3rd game, actually, its more of an entire story but bear with me. Okay, everyone knows how Kreia talked about the true Sith at the edge of the galaxy or something and that Revan and the Exile (light side) went off to go fight them. You start off as one of the true sith. Your at a sith enclave training to be a dark jedi. People tell you stories of a threat in the galaxy and that the sith are being killed off. This encourages you. You do missions to gain acceptance and soon enough you become a full fledged Sith. The first while of the game you go to a planet or 2 to test out your new powers and do some missions killing people and the such (your a sith and all). When you leave the planet you get in a firefight with a familiar ship, the Ebon Hawk. Your ship gets wrecked pretty bad and they board you. A single Jedi comes aboard your ship and you manage to injure him. Before you get the chance to go on the ebon hawk, it speeds away leaving the injured Jedi. This Jedi happens to be the exile. As you talk with the Exile he explains to you the light side of the force and that your being ruled by an evil tyrannical Sith Lord. You gain him as a party member and do missions with him. You can make choices to follow him down the light path, or throw that Jedi **** back in his face and kill some people. At one point in the game, your required to make a choice, follow the exile in the light path, or use the exile to lead you to the other Jedi killing off the Sith. If you go light side the exile takes you to the one and only Revan and you all go and fight the evil sith lord. If you go dark, you contact the evil sith lord and tell him the location of Revan. This also spouts out different endings, especially if your dark. If you pretend to go on the light side and fight with him to kill the sith lord, you have the option to fight revan and the exile as well, to kill all your enemies in a single glorious stroke, then you become the new Sith Lord. If your on the dark side and you fight with the sith lord and destroy the sith lord, he says something like, "very good, but now you know I can't keep you alive, you are too powerful" so you fight him and can kill him, or show him mercy and make him your apprentice or something, either way if your dark side, you end up as the new sith lord. The ending for light I would like it to be a video maybe like 5 minutes long of you revan and the exile killing a bunch of Sith and getting more Jedi or whatever, I just thought of this 15 minutes ago so feel free to ask questions or elaborate, like I said I love hearing story ideas and thoughts

For Kotor III, I think the game should start off with Admiral Carth Onasi visiting the newly reformed Jedi Council on Dantoine (whose members should be Brianna, Atton, Mira, Visas and Bao Dur. They (you) would be giving Carth an idea of how the last game ended. (Light side or Dark) as well as give him a holo-disc of what the Exile looks like. This would set the perameters for the game and the direction it would take from there on. Some new padawan (you)would be the PC for this third game and would be charged with finding both Exile and Revan's whereabouts with T3 and HK47. Admiral Carth would provide the Padawan with a holo-disc of Revans' appearance. (Both Revans' and Exiles' appreances on the holo-discs would be set at the beginning of the game, by choosing from a selection- much like you choose for your PC in Kotors I & II)

I think the Ebon Hawk should not be used in this game, it should be a different ship.

What's everybody else think?

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..." Darth Vader.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts there RedHawke. Thanks.

You are welcome, and your points I fully agree with, we need no new super villans, just an in-depth and engrossing story shall be more than sufficient. ;)

How about you have to fight an fanatical alien super race from another galaxy that cannot be detected through the Force, and they wear and fly around space in living animals (not like fur coats) that shoot lava at you (pteewweee)! And the Jedi realize that the Jedi generations for the last 10,000 years were a bunch of dummies and there really is no dark side, which means you can lightening and choke everyone in the name of peace and justice!

Doesn't that sound awesome??!!

Ok, your right. That's dumb...

;)

Just kidding, NJO fans...

I take it these are the Vong... I am now really glad I passed on those NJO stories. ;)

Whoa hey, lets not say things we don't mean. . . .

I meant that, and there are a lot of people who think that way...

It is a form of suicide to have an RPG of this type and start with a pre-made character it is a marketing disaster in the making because you are alienating a third of your audience, those individuals who gain satisfaction from building a character from level 1 in a game.

I meant that, and there are a lot of people who think that way...

It is a form of suicide to have an RPG of this type and start with a pre-made character it is a marketing disaster in the making because you are alienating a third of your audience, those individuals who gain satisfaction from building a character from level 1 in a game.

I just can't understand what the issue is here, in the exceptionally unlikely event that we have to play either Revan or Exile, they would start from L1 at the beginning. Whether there is an explanation as to why or not. . .

My own reasons for wanting a new character are because it gives a better chance at us getting a great story. As long as the story is done well then I could live with Revan or the Exile again. I guess I'm just more flexible than other gamers.

I just can't understand what the issue is here,

"And that is why you fail..." - :yodac:

Seriously though, to play the Exile or Revan again for K3 is not only highly improbable it would be completely implausable story-wise.

Like the movie Highlander 2... *Shudders*

i'd like to see you start as the Exile. The player creation screen has the word "Exile's Name" instead of just name so you know what you're playing and who you are. You also choose your starting alignment (either a little light or a little dark),head, gender and saber color.

Anyway, the first opening crawl describes how it is 3 months after the events at Malachor and the Death of Traya, and the Exile has taken a new padawan that he found beyond the outer rim. (well just call him Fred.) So it starts out the Exile and Fred are discussing Revan in Kreia's old quarters. Thats where you choose Revan's gender, head, alias, saber color, and alignment.

SO, since Fred knows the area well, you ask him wher ethe Major Sith Lords live. He give you a list of planets (which will be of course where you visit.) As you go to the planets, with yuor part from the previous game and Fred replacing Kreia, and one spot left from G0-T0, after you defeat the third planet you get captured. (sound familiar?)

Anyway, you escape and contact the Republic/ Battle Fleet who is on the out rim due to Bastila wanting to go for Revan. It depends on your alignment from the first game. On your way out of the enemy base you are confronted by the top man. This will be the first time you meet him.

This part here will be kind of like EP2, but I loved this part so I can deal with it.

(cutscene starts here) He automatically just knocks out your party members. He tries to do it to you but you are much stronger than your party. (cutscene ends)

You start fighting him, but he is way too powerful. His sabering skills are very complex and hes just whooping you around.

(cutscene)your sabers lock, he kicks you, chops off your arm, and throws you. he puts his saber down like Dooku did. now here comes the one moment we ALL wanted in kotor 2. Big man turns around as he hears footsteps. a cloaked figure walks slowly into the room (his shadow first of course :p)

The figure drops the heavy cloak and the exile sees Revan, his old friend. He looks a bit older from when you played him, and beard shadow too. Big man says "Another weak jedi?" Now youre revan, and you decide what he says. I would say, of course "you picked the wrong time to mess with a Jedi." or something cool like that. Then revan pretty much flys at him with a powerful force jump, and ignites his saber. (he's gotten so powerful at this point he can almost fly.) (end cutscene)

Now you must defeat Big man to save the Exile. so you fight, yada yada yada, and another cutscene! (cutscene) Revan loses his lightsaber so he punches Big man and uses the force to throw all different kinds of boxes and other projectiles at him. Revan grabs his saber but big man jumps in a swoop and flies away. Revan goes to check on the exile, but all of a sudden the room their in starts shaking. Revan runs over to the door and looks out and sees the republic/sith fleet fighting the True Sith fleet in the sky and on the ground. Bastila's ship lands right there and they start to load the survivers, but about 30 sith , True Sith with Lightsabers, run into the hanger and Revan orders her to leave, leaving Revan and the Exile behind. (end cutscene)

Now as Revan, you must fight the sith by yourself. After you take down about 10-15 of them, another woohoo cutscene!

(cutscene) the exile, still on the ground, pushes a sith away form him and he lands right on Revan's saber. Remembering he left the Exile there, he runs over, grabs him, and flys out the door using their combined force powers, going about a mile in the air and landing on a True sith troop carrier ship. revan easily pushes them out and its all his. Then theres a bit of chit chat about whats going on and now you resume the game as Revan AND the Exile, after getting a traditional Star Wars robot hand. (end cutscene)

Then of course there are 3 more planets. Yes, this game is longer! :D You continue to do various Tradional Kotor-style quests as you tell Revan's OWN tale about what has happened the past 5 years. of course there are several choices, but you will find out. after you crush the last guy, you go on a search for Big man. You discover that he is attacking republic/sith space as a counter attack from the battle earlier. anyway, you use the Ebon Hawk again to go after the fleet, yada yad endless waves of enemies until you meet up with Mr. Big. Now it's a 2v1, Revan and the Exile Vs. Mr. Big. This will pretty much go like the Dooku vs. Ani and Obi round 2, when Dooku lost his head, literally.

everyones fighting, a big space battle outside, all that jazz, and after you slaughter Mr. Big in a Very challenging duel (he's no punk like the previous bosses, hes amazingly powerful.) a whole squad of republic soldiers run in th bridge and the screen fades.

the screen reads "2 Years Later"

(cutscene)

You hear a fountain, its that hall of fountains on coruscant. it shows Revan walking in the temple and the doors open to the council room, where Sits the Exile, Bao Dur, Jolee, Bastila, and theres one empty seat. Revan walks over slowly, sits, and says "The first meeting of the New Jedi Council is now in session......" The Jedi Theme form Kotor 2 starts playing as the camera zooms out of the council room onto the large city of coruscant, with all of the day-to-day affairs still happening, speeders and vendors everywhere, and then.....(end cutscene)

END CREDITS

wow, my fingers hurt, but this is what I want Kotor3 to be! sorry for all the typos and bad sentence structure. not to mention very little detail of the planets, but they would pretty much be Sith Cities.

This is kinda long i dont even know if its worth reading??

Beginning:

(Sumthin' years) after Kotor2 a new sith threat appeared and trying to take over the galaxy (as usual) fighting a space battle with the republic near (sumwhere?? take ur pic) led by Carth and then retreats because they are outnumbered. And sends a holo vid to the newly reformed Jedi Order to ask help to find out where the sith lord is. And you (a new character) is assigned.

In the hangar you are approached by Carth personally and asked a favor to find revan because the exile didn't send anything about revans whereabout. You agreed to find revan because he may be of help to find and hunt down the sith lord. Carth asks you to go to telos for a good start. While on telos orbit u bump into a couple of pirates seeking to sack ur ship. Ur ship landed to telos surface after taking down the pirates for a damage check and search for parts then bump into Bao-Dur and T3 and talked a lot about the exile and repaired your ship. And you searched for the exile to find any good leads about revans whereabouts. You search in korriban cuz bao dur said he was studying the sith.

You (your character) talked a lot about the force, the history of jedi and sith and what he knew about revan while the exile talked about revan with kreia.

After talking you head back to the ship and recieve an emergency holo from a jedi master in the academy that Onderon is being attacked by unknown Sith forces. You rendezvous with onderons forces and fought a space battle. After the space battle you landed on the sith warship and fought your way to the cockpit and saw a rather hooded creepy masked man which happens to be the sith lord. You fought him but could not be defeated. The warship was nearly being destroyed so the sith lord escaped leaving you unconscious.

You find yourself awake on Onderons medical facility and met with Captain(any name will do) which is your first party member talked about how his team rescued you. You talked about your mission and he agrees to join you secretly without his commanding officers permission because he is sick from being an Onderon soldier. Then a scene of the sith lord planning to corrupt you to the darkside to be his apprentice and hired a lot of bounty hunters to capture you alive. On the next planet you travel called (any planet will do) on your arrival were easily captured by the most skilled bounty hunter (any name will do) which will also be your next party member because he is pretending to be a bounty hunter but a republic soldier trying to find intel on the sithlords whereabouts. Since him and you had the same mission you made a deal that he will take you to the sithlord and free you after youre finished with the sithlord. And then a very climatic part: he talks about a lot of jedi lies and deceits and corrupts you to the darkside. You make a choice, be his apprentice (but kill him at a certain point of the game) and lead the assault on the republic or stay on the lightside, fight him, get beat up again and escape.

Whoa!! that got me beat up. To be continued..... :)

carth has to be in the 3rd or ill cry...atleast a mention from republic general man...oh and the 3rd needs to have a party member like yoda :D and maybe if u are starting a new character in the 3rd u could get some breed selection going there....imagine..a evil dark lord versing......a ewok! now thats some intense ****!

I would like a longer game, new planets plus the original, from the previous two games, and a mixture a characters from the old games, and you meet the old NPC's, some join you, and some don't. Any ways there is a lot more that I want its just to hard to explain.

Why not put it this way: (i will use the male form)

In the intro movie you see a young 10 year old boy/girl sitting in the waiting chamber. (your pc character) he/she looks up to a man. The man smiles back. Then the guard of the councilchamber calls: "It's time....the council expects you."

The man walks in.....and comes out without the lightsaber that hung on his belt when he walked in. Then it's your turn.....

A black screen.....

We see the PC 5 years later as a young boy. He is a padawan, and his master is Bastilla.

You do some little quests that shape your fighting style, and powers, and another black screen appears.

Tehn you are an adult. Youb are again summoned by the council:"As you know, we are in war with the true Sith. We have need for Jedi knights. Your talents are noteworthy, but we expected nothing less of the pupil of Master Shan. It is time....we send you on a mission. We have information about the identity of the leader of the True Sith. We want you to investigate. You have to visit these planets: Tatooine, Manaan, Krashyyk, Dantooine, and Korriban. Find out what you can about a person called 'Revan.' If you succeed, come back, and you will be awarded the title of Jedi Knight."

The main character will be send. By choises he can shape Revan. Is he the leader of the True Sith? If you claim no, the Council says: "We where afraid this would happen. This means The Exile has taken command." PC:"Who is the Exile you are talking about?" Council:"You saw him on the day you where tested...rmemeber?" The main character is a Jedi Knight now, and must face the battle that awaits him. If you made Revan good,thus making Exile evil,The council says: "There is still hope. Revan must still be alive. Please search for him. He can help us win this batlle" If you made Revan evil, you have to search the unknown regions for the Exile. One of them joins your party, and some of the old friends of the Exile and Revan. Then you will be plunged into battle, fighting for planets, and fighting against a monsterous powerfull enemy, and an even more powerfull leader.

What KotOR 3 can benefit from is independence. Independence to pick if you want to work for the Sith or the Jedi, or work alone. A "Storyline" would be that the protagonist is helping rebuild the Republic and squash remnant Mandalorians/Sith/Dark Jedi when he stumbles upon The Star Maps and reaches the Unknown Planet, gathering immense information on the Rakata. The Elders tell him that their rivals, a group of powerful force adepts have set forth to find a device powerful enough to disintegrate an entire planet (read: Death Star).

Our usual Jedi dude also finds Sith remnants who want to use his high force potential to "destroy" the Republic. The hero is free to choose wether he wants to be a Jedi Master, a Sith Lord or something completely different. He chases the Rakata as they travel to the outer reaches of the galaxy and on the way he helps the Jedi rebuild and such, though he never tells his secret mission to the council.

Finding the Rakata will be tough and the game will not hold the player's hand and guide him around. He will have to analyse information, see what's best for himself or others and do what he feels is right. At the end, when he catches up with the Rakata, he learns that the Sith remnant are after the Death Star too and so are the Mandalorians. The player is thrown into a literal race with the other factions as he seeks to obtain the device. He learns that the device doesn't exist, but only the plans of it do. The ending will depend entirely onto the player, wether he wants to secure the plans for the Republic, the Mandalorains, the Sith, whatever.

That would be cool. I've read somewhere that the Deathstar couldn't be build before the Sithr would rule the galaxy, and have al the finances and resources needed for the Deathstar. Since The Sith ARE conquering much planets in KOTOR 3, it would be a great story if a lonesome Jedi had a mission to destroy the plans and the device. It also makes sense in the timeline. In episode 2, you see a fairly primitive race having the plans for the Deathstar. Did the True Sith hide it there? It would be a great storyline. Good Job! :)

personally i think it would make the most sense for the sequel to take place in the uncharted regions where the true with take place. Not only would it be a great way to work in Darth Revan and possibly The Exile, but speaking logistically the place has to be conquered at some point. I find it difficult to believe that the republic wouldnt expand into that region in 4000 years of growth that lead to the original stories.

perhaps it would work best if you were to start as a new character who was born in the uncharted regions and had never even heard of the republic or the jedi (but obviously had heard of the sith). And through a series of dialogue options you choose how Revan and The Exile ended their journeys (dark or light) and then have a choice of apprenticing under one of them in order to choose your allignment. And according to how you chose the game may not play out entirely in a different fashion, but the enemy (or ally for that matter) would have been chosen ultimately by your actions in the last two games of the series.

I also would support a system in which dark and light side points were a bit harder to predict. so that choosing to behave as you truly would becomes a more viable option and that sometimes doing what you think is the right thing can actually bring you to the dark side....like saving someone's life for the wrong reasons or giving in to strong emotions on either side of the morality scale.

PS. id like to know what the "*" next to "FREE*" means in the ad on the scroll , because i have a feeling it means "not at all"

Just when you thnik you've seen it all the most unexpected plot twist ever. A Revan/Hutt love story. Just think about it no one would ever suspect it until bam there you are right in the middle of a cutscene of the Hutt, lets call him Charlie, and reven locking lips. It would be more unsettling than I Wookie in tights and more incomprehensible than the Jawa's. Right at that moment you would have the whole KOTOR fan base going WTF.

Archived