Home

New Guitar

CapNColostomy

Some of you will remember earlier this year when I got my Beast:

EGBCKP-PROTOMB-f.jpg

And now I'm in the market for a custom Monson guitar like this one.

Baphomet2.jpg

600_Baphomet1.jpg

Baphomet5.jpg

Baphomet3.jpg

Baphomet6.jpg

Baphomet6.jpg

Baphomet7.jpg

Baphomet10.jpg

Depending on the features I want on it, it should cost around a grand. A little over actually, because I'll be wanting a Floyd Rose tremelo system on it, and probably EMG or Seymour Duncan pickups on it. Also, the custom fitted case would be nice. But anyway, I've started saving for the thing now. So I should have it by...oh I don't know, the end of the year?

That's sexy.

But what's the difference between the blue and the grey guitar when it comes to sound? Are the pickups the only difference, or is there better quality wood and wiring too?

Edit- Oh, one's a B.C. Rich and the other is a Monson...

that guitar is beautifull, i wish i had it instead of my dumb yamaha..

I used to own a Yamaha. I was pretty pleased with it other than the generic Floyd Rose that had been installed on it. It didn't really stay in tune as well as I'd hoped it would.

That's sexy.

But what's the difference between the blue and the grey guitar when it comes to sound? Are the pickups the only difference, or is there better quality wood and wiring too?

Edit- Oh, one's a B.C. Rich and the other is a Monson...

According to the website, "It was meant to sound like a Les Paul and play like a Jackson and that's what it does. It has a dirty sound to it without getting muddy - a warmth and bite with perfect clarity. It has maple neck-through body construction with mahogany and walnut body sides. This combination of maple, mahogany, and walnut wood has become a favorite of mine. It has a tune-o-matic bridge and a Seymour Duncan Distortion Trembucker w/ a single volume knob. It also features a reverse headstock design. Solid black finish. The fretboard has 24 jumbo frets and the inlays are Reverse Oblong Diamonds in white mother of pearl - not the synthetic stuff. I also did quite a bit of hand carving on the body to this one."

So technically there's not alot of difference. But I'd like to have a decent backup guitar. I could always just buy another Beast, sure. But a little variety never hurt anybody.

flux has been gone a while if he is unfamiliar w/ Pie's love of metal :)

10 awesome-points if you guess the favourite genre: Pie

:p

Anyways, I don't wanna hijack the thread... Can you play any good old riffs on that axe, or is it just for manslaughter?

Single knob on such a gitar? madness!

Eh, why not?... it only has one pickup. And I doubt the player of that axe is going to be doing a lot of rolling the tone off and dialing up a thick, warm, jazz sound. ;)

In fact, most of the guitar players I know never touch the tone control on their guitars. Why not eliminate excess circuity wherever possible? I seem to remember that all the various Van Halen models that have come out only have 1 knob as well... even those models with 2 pickups.

It's very... pointy.

10 awesome-points if you guess the favourite genre: Pie

:p

Anyways, I don't wanna hijack the thread... Can you play any good old riffs on that axe, or is it just for manslaughter?

Well, I'm not billy badass or anything. But I started playing in 93, so I do alright.

And aren't most forms of manslaughter without malicious intent? If I ever killed someone, I'd like to think it was on purpose.

And aren't most forms of manslaughter without malicious intent? If I ever killed someone, I'd like to think it was on purpose.

I meant 'manslaughter' as in the literal 'slaughtering a man' sense, not the legal one. :p

Do you play death metal?

Do you play death metal?

Nah. I like death metal, but not really playing it. I mostly play my own stuff, which if I had to compare it to something I'd say it's more similar to Eyehategod, Iron Monkey, Crowbar, Six Feet Under, Goatwhore, Acid Bath, Clutch, Soilent Green, COC, or even really heavy Sabbath stuff. Southern-metal/Doom/Sludge/Stoner stuff. A friend of mine said it sounds like Clutch meets Satan. I dunno.

Nah. I like death metal, but not really playing it. I mostly play my own stuff, which if I had to compare it to something I'd say it's more similar to Eyehategod, Iron Monkey, Crowbar, Six Feet Under, Goatwhore, Acid Bath, Clutch, Soilent Green, COC, or even really heavy Sabbath stuff. Southern-metal/Doom/Sludge/Stoner stuff. A friend of mine said it sounds like Clutch meets Satan. I dunno.

Now you have to record something and post it. :p

Archived