Home

JA on laptop systems?

riceplant

I installed JA on my laptop, because we're going for a week's holiday and I want something to do, but it won't run without 3D hardware. Is there a way to make it run, as I have played other Q3Arena games on it just fine. Some kind of option to force disable the hardware checks, maybe? Or does it really require superior hardware to other Q3A games.

Windows Start Button -> Run... -> dxdiag.exe. On the Display tab, Device box, what is the Name and Manufacturer of your video chip?

If it's not NVIDIA or ATI you're going to have problems because you need OpenGL support. You might be able to use SciTech GLDirect 5.0 to provide OpenGL through DirectX http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/ent/gld_home.php

If you can't get it to work, try KOTOR I or Galactic Battlegrounds for entertainment, both have been discounted.

uh, the name is blank, and the manufacturer is n/a. I checked, and it won't run the other games I mentioned before, which is weird, because all I've done to it since last playing is reinstall windows. All the driver files appear to be version 5.something, but dxdiag says that on my PC too, and it works fine. Plus, I only installed DX9.0 earlier today. I'll try that GLDirect thing when I can connect my laptop to our LAN and download it. How did you know I have KotOR? But it's not really an option, as it doesn't even run on my PC properly, let alone a laptop.

Archived