Home

Soilent Green

CapNColostomy

As I've mentioned around a hundred times or better, Soilent Green is my favorite band. And as it happens, several friends and myself bought several tickets to go see them tomorrow! [Peter Griffin] It's going to be freakin' sweet[/Peter Griffin]. Hopefully I'll get some cool stuff, you know a shirt, some pics, maybe even tape the show. Into The Moat, Watch Them Die, A Perfect Murder, and several other bands will be there. I'm not too keen on the others with the exception of Into The Moat. Those guys are talented little bastards. If any of you guys are into metal in the slightest, check out Soilent Green. It's pretty good stuff. If I get some good pics, I'll post 'em.

Here's a few links:

http://www.myspace.com/soilentgreen

http://relapse.com/ecards/soilentgreen/

http://www.soilentgreen.net/

This month's Terrorizer had a two-page interview with them... They're a death metal act if I remember correctly.

Will try to check them out later... Sorry CapN, but I don't think a thread about a death metal band will do big in the Swamp, sadly... :(

Why not just go out and have a live journal then?

I don't understand why have a website and than make a little webpage where teenage girls can whore out their pictures and say "OMG U R SO COOL RATE MY PIX PLZ!".

I must have seen atleast...... 20 bands that have myspaces. Is there somethng I'm missing?

Missing something? Oh, I dunno...free publicity?

I understand that, but they already HAVE a website. And they seem pretty big already, I dunno why they'd need to have a webpace on a place where the population is 80& filled with teenage girls who slit their wrists and drink their blood.

An exageration? You bet your ass!

Well, I made it back in last night or rather this morning at about 3:30. That show kicked ASS! I got to meet Ben Falgoust (the singer), shook hands with Brian Patton from the stage, he also tossed me a ****ing set list which I will ****ing frame I swear. I didn't take any pictures, but my wife video taped their set which is pretty ****ing sweet. I also bought a Skullpl8 DVD, a multitude of beers, strange cigarettes were passed to me while I was on the front row, I got punched in the chest by security when everyone was trying to destroy the barricade, and I got this shirt:

SGT001.jpg

That was hands down the best live performance I've ever seen. Those guys play fairly complicated music, and they didn't miss a beat.

I Demand to know how you got in a video camera!

Please?

Oh hell man, it was easy. We just walked in. That's it. We didn't try to be sneaky. Security came and stood by my wife a few times, which made her nervous, but they didn't bother her. Hell, I was in the front, and people all up and down the front were taping.

Nice, I'm gonna try to sneak a camera in to the concert I'm going to for the Stones on the 26th, and it has video footage abilities, but I heard that the security at the venue I'm going to are douches about this, and they take it if they see you using it. It doesn't help that it's the Rolling Stones, either.

Kind of a needless bump, but Soilent Green are coming back through my state next month! I'm going again, dammit. This time I aim to tape another show, get another shirt, and get the setlist I got from the last show signed. I can't wait. Sorry just wanted to tell...more people than the bazillion or so I've already told.

Archived