Home

KOTOR 3 guessings.

Vladimir-Vlada

Who do you think will be in KOTOR 3, who the playable character, who the party member, anyone else.

I think that the playable character will be Revan, I just know it.

The Party members would be in my opinion:

Carth, Bastila, Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, Canderous, HK-47, T3-M4, Atton, Handmaiden, Mira, Bao-Dur...

I have a feeling that the Exile will be a party member, complex and really annoying.

There is going to be a Jedi Master like Kreia, only lightside and male, like Obi-Wan. I can feel it.

Call it a hunch but it seems to me that we will be seeing Vandar, Zhar and Dorak in this one.

Kreia will definaetly show up as a Force Ghost.

Sion also.

I think that we will be confronting the True Dark Lord of the Sith.

What about you?

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a pretty big party, as for the other stuff well... I supose anything is possible but I dont really see Vandar and his old buys being in it.

One thing I do have a feeling about ( completely unsubstansiated, and not based on anything tangible ) is that the Exile will die. Would make sense for a major character to die and I cant see it being Revan.

I think that the playable character will be Revan, I just know it.

Definitely not: this would make no sense. Character development would be gimped right from the beginning. How would you explain restarting at level one? I always prefer to start with a new character that you can develop, more or less like a blank sheet...There's also a better chance for writers to come up with a better story with a new character.

Carth, Bastila, Mission, Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, Canderous, HK-47, T3-M4, Atton, Handmaiden, Mira, Bao-Dur...

I have a feeling that the Exile will be a party member, complex and really annoying.

huh?

Carth: could be dead depending of how you played K1.

Bastila: strangely I killed her many times in K1 but she resurrected in K2 :p

Zaalbar, Jolee and Juhani could be killed in K1 too.

Caderous: makes sense but he better recover his K1 personality...in Kotor 2, he had almost nothing to say.

Hk-47 and T3-M4: i agree - KotOR wouldn't be Kotor without them IMHO.

Atton, Handmaiden, Mira and Bao-Dur: my favorite is Bao-Dur but I'd like him to be have mroe to say. As for the others, I would prefer new ones.

As for the Exile, I don't think he/she will come back. You will hear of the exile but not see him/her IMHO since the appearance and sex were determined by th eplayer in K2.

Call it a hunch but it seems to me that we will be seeing Vandar, Zhar and Dorak in this one.

errr...they're dead and I prefer living npcs to ghosts ;)

I'm sorry to burst your bubble here, but if you were darkside Zaalbar, Jolee, Juhani, and Mission all die.

also

The way TSL was supposed to go, there were supposed to be several parts where just about all your party were supposed to die, not to mention Kreia gives you detailed predictions of what will happen to your party members at the end of TSL, so it would be hard to include them into the third installment due to this

I'm not sure how this would be possible, since the exile was unique to each person playing the game. I personally would think (s)he would be only mentioned in the third one several times, and maybe appear for a breif moment (could be done with a hooded robe similar to kreia's), after which we might never see him/her again. That is just my opinion though, and I respect that you have your own opinion on the matter, I just don't see how it'd be possible.

There is going to be a Jedi Master like Kreia, only lightside and male, like Obi-Wan. I can feel it.

one thing that Kotor has done in the series that I find really defines it is that the mentor/jedi master that joins your group is around the neutral area as opposed to being light/dark. This comes in handy due to the fact that these jedi are supposed to be the ones teaching you about the force, and also makes sense with the idea that you can choose which side you are on. I feel that if there were a lightside master it wouldn't really make much sense for someone gradually to become either neutral or darkside (unless if it happened in a way such as when Anakin fell, even then he learned about the darkside from a mentor-like person before his fall.) I guess what I'm trying to say is that jedi only acquire their alliance to the light/darkside of the force due to knowledge, and they only know what they are taught by jedi masters or other mentors. (just the way I look at things in the SW universe)

sorry again to tell you this, but all three of them were killed already. They were on Kataar when it was destroyed by Nihillus

Kreia will definaetly show up as a Force Ghost.

I have heard quite a few people say this, but I fail to see why she would return. After all, I believe when she dies she says that she's glad to leave or something. I don't see why she would want to return especially through the force, seeing as she despises the force.

Sion also.

Same as above, since he says he's glad to leave when he dies.

What about you?

Everyone says they would like to see the True Sith, and I think people are mistaken on what this means (or I may be mistaken on what it means), but what I thought when they said this, was the sith species. The first sith were originally a whole other species (red skin, tenticles hanging from their chin, if I remember correctly). To the best of my knowledge they settled on Korriban and (supposedly) died off. However, I think they said in Knights I, that a few of them escaped the planet when the other sith were going around killing each other off.

What I think may have happened was their species continued to reproduce in the outer rim, and have been planning a large scale assault on the Republic for a long while. (I believe Kreia mentions on Korriban something about the original sith finding a republic craft land on the planet, and Marka Ragnos *I think* said it was a sign of future Republic invasion, and used its arrival as a way of ruling over the sith on Korriban)

I think the 'True Sith' are the Original Sith, the species of sith, not followers of a belief, not trainers of new sith, just a species of force sensitives who claim to be the ultimate power in the galaxy.

If someone has proof that I'm wrong with this idea, please let me know, I only thought this due to what was mentioned on Korriban in both games, and a few articles on the original sith I found on Wikipedia.

Sorry, I didn't really mean to tear apart your post, you have great ideas, I just thought I'd let you know that most of the characters you mentioned have already died in the series, and unless LA wants to screw up the cotinuity of the series would probably not have them return.

Hope there aren't any hard feelings, I'm just stating what I think on the subject. :)

The way TSL was supposed to go, there were supposed to be several parts where just about all your party were supposed to die, not to mention Kreia gives you detailed predictions of what will happen to your party members at the end of TSL, so it would be hard to include them into the third installment due to this

That could be one of the reasons why the end was cut and left in a more of less finished state. Don't forget that Kotor 1 also had a third ending that was cut where both DS female Revan and Carth die aboard the Star Forge.

That could be one of the reasons why the end was cut and left in a more of less finished state. Don't forget that Kotor 1 also had a third ending that was cut where both DS female Revan and Carth die aboard the Star Forge.

hmm... I heard a bit about that ending before, I never heard the part that revan died as well on the forge though. All I heard was Carth was supposed to return on the star forge and try to turn the pc back to the light. Though that sounds like it'd make for a very interesting way to end the game.

What I think may have happened was their species continued to reproduce in the outer rim, and have been planning a large scale assault on the Republic for a long while. (I believe Kreia mentions on Korriban something about the original sith finding a republic craft land on the planet, and Marka Ragnos *I think* said it was a sign of future Republic invasion, and used its arrival as a way of ruling over the sith on Korriban)

What happened was that a scout ship from Cinnigar landed on the Sith homeworld after the death or Marka Ragnos. There was a power vaccum left by his passing and two Sith were struggling to take his place, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh.

Kressh wanted to kill the two scouts, but Sadow freed one of them and claimed that the Republic was behind the escape. Having convinced the Sith of the danger posed by the Republic, he solidified his claim to power, destroyed Kressh's flagship in an attempt to remove his rival, and invaded Republic space.

Beginning the great Hyperspace War.

And you are correct in that the *true* Sith were breeded out in minglings with the Dark Jedi and killed off during the numerous intergalactic wars and general Sith infighting. However the original species were not power hungry force sensitives, but rather a primitive race easily subjegated and ruled over (sp?) by the Dark Jedi faction that had arrived on Korriban.

A few questions: Who the heck is Juhani?

Isn't Bastila dead?

Who is that?

What happened was that a scout ship from Cinnigar landed on the Sith homeworld after the death or Marka Ragnos. There was a power vaccum left by his passing and two Sith were struggling to take his place, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh.

Kressh wanted to kill the two scouts, but Sadow freed one of them and claimed that the Republic was behind the escape. Having convinced the Sith of the danger posed by the Republic, he solidified his claim to power, destroyed Kressh's flagship in an attempt to remove his rival, and invaded Republic space.

Beginning the great Hyperspace War.

And you are correct in that the *true* Sith were breeded out in minglings with the Dark Jedi and killed off during the numerous intergalactic wars and general Sith infighting. However the original species were not power hungry force sensitives, but rather a primitive race easily subjegated and ruled over (sp?) by the Dark Jedi faction that had arrived on Korriban.

ah, thank you for clearing that up for me :) .

• 4 weeks later...

My wife of course made revan and the exile female do you think it would be possible to make them female in Kotor 3? Also I heard that all the members working on 3 were fired and they scrapped all the stuff that they were working on and started over. I don't know if its ture but if any one know where we Can find information about whats going on Let me know.

My thoughts:

New PC (I think that's obvious). Returning NPC's: T3, HK-47, possibly Canderous/Mandalore; no other returning NPC's as party members. When they cut the alternate ending for K2 they put in Kreia telling you the futures of your party members and they weren't with you (Exile) and didn't seem to have much to do with the future storyline. K1 party members whereabouts are unknown except for LS ending, Carth and Bastila are helping to keep the republic strong, DS ending, Bastila went searching for Revan in the outer rim (eventually).

Possibly some NPC's from K1 and K2 to appear as mentors/teachers/council members or even as opponents depending on alignment choices.

You will probably have a mentor figure, possibly to be determined by your alignment choices before you head off on the big quest.

You will probably hear about/run into/even possibly fight beside or against Revan, Exile, and possibly even Bastila (remember she ran off to find Revan after Korriban fell apart - K1 DS ending, K2 hologram on Korriban). I suppose Revan, Exile, and/or Bastila might join your party, but it would be limited and only for a very short time.

I think what is called the *True Sith* in K2 isn't the original primitive species, but perhaps just a label for something so evil and vile that even the regular sith must fight it as it's too evil even for them.

There will be new stuff, new looks for old stuff, new powers, new feats, hopefully new minigames (perhaps starfighter racing or sabacc), new looks for the PC, and the Ebon Hawk shall rise again!

I've seen a lot of good guesses here...

but, what I think is:

Your PC will be the Exile. In the begining, the game designers could ask a series of questions (in substitute of the normal 'create-a-character) that would detail your experiences and game-play in TSL. and then the rest of the game would be pending from there.

I usually like to stay on the LS most of the time (no clue why, DS is always so much fun) so the characters would still be alive.

Party:

Handmaiden/ Deciple

Bao-Dur

HK-47

T3-M4

Canderous/Mandalore

Visas Marr

Unless your DS :D

Now, I have the Xbox game, so I don't know anything about this 'vision' of the Exile's party members, but...

What I think is going to happen:

The game picks up right after you kill Kreia and Sion. You're on the Ebon Hawk, probably in the med-bay, and Handmaiden(If u play LS Male) or someone is taking care of you. You have some kind of vision while unconcious of an ancient planet, surrounded by dark energy and a cloaked figure walking about. Guess who the robed figure is?

So then, you start off and look for info on the planet. You find none, but then somehow (maybe in some Jedi or Sith holocron), find coordinates for some Sith planet that was supposed to be a waste land. So, you then set off, find the planet, run around, probably finding the entire place deserted or battle-scarred or w/e, find Revan, have a big happy reunion, return to Ebon Hawk, find Carth and Bastila, and then find out where the h*ll Revan's been the entire time.

So you find out about the Ancient Sith.

I think Revan will eventually round up the rest of his old crew (Jahuni, Jolee, and everyone unless your DS and killed them all) The rest of the game, you run around with Revan trying to find and kill (possibly join and rule if your DS) the Ancient Sith and restore peace and justice (or chaos and death) to the Republic.

Ta Da.

A lot of you are probably asking, how will they control Revan? He/She was a playable character that you controled? How would the game designers be able to create a character that could change in hundreds of different ways for different players?

I think that maybe, just maybe, you would be able to control the majority of Revan's actions. It will be set what he/she meant to do by running out on the Republic depending on what Side you made him in the begining (DS: ran out to find and rule the Ancient Sith and Bastila ran out after him/her, or she's dead, LS: went out to try and find and kill the Ancient Sith while Bastila stayed behind) and any of the major plot twists as well. Also, maybe Revan's and the Exile's party will be split up at times (Like the Exile's was on Onderon and Dxun) and you will switch between playing as Revan and his/hers party and Exile and his/hers.

I see a lot of you want a new player PC. I certainly DO NOT. I'm tired of the 'who am I? What am I doing here? Whats going on?" thing and I don't think that they would give the series a good ending by winding three stories together. No, sorry, no new PC for me.

• 2 weeks later...

To above poster..

Sorry but that won't work because no one knows what the exile look like or what gender the exile is. And revan too.

Another reason it won't work is because now there are two people(Revan and Exile) are darkside or lightsided and if played at the exile again, then the ebon hawk who is flying to fight the true stih, would be there and your character will start at lv.1 which will never make sense. And it would be short because all you have to do is fight your way to find revan and together, you fight your way to the end to defeat all of them and it would be boring. Or at darksided: The exile either stayed or went to the true sith and try to help master the army and it would be a long time b4 the exile leave his party member at Machlor(forgot spelling) to find other people to help the true sith and this true sith will strike and it would also be boring as hell because there no jedi left since you are darksided and kill them and you use the true sith to defeat the republic and then there probably have to be kotor 4 to find out how the jedi order reborn since it rebuilded by the time Yoda was born and trained.

So this Kotor 3, there HAD to be a new character for either lightsided and destroyed the true sith, or darksided and maybe either destroy the sith for the sith lord title or something or help them or something liek that.

So this Kotor 3, there HAD to be a new character for either lightsided and destroyed the true sith, or darksided and maybe either destroy the sith for the sith lord title or something or help them or something liek that.

But if they make a new character, it would RUIN the story which if ended by KOTOR 3(with Ryan and Revan) would become one of the greatest stories of all times. But if they make a new character which doesn't continue Luke's (Revan's) and Ryan's (Exile's[Ry'ghol's]) story, it would be the WORST attampt at making a sucessfuly RPG story. KOTOR 3 by conitnuing the story of the main characters form 1 and 2 will become the best game ever.

So if Lucasarts has any sense of imagination and creativity, they WILL continue their story (or simply, add a choise to play as either Revan, Ry'ghol (Exile) or a new character).

i think i have to agree vladimir, i don't want to start over with a new character again, i've already done that twice. i want to finish the story of Revan and the other NPC's of kotor1 and 2 using my original character instead of tieing up their stories with some other new random charcter.

i know it would be hard but i'm sure they can find a way

There is no way that you will be Revan or Exile, unless you lose all your powers and abilities. Part of the game, and any RPG for that matter, is increasing your powers and abilities. They do this to make the game challenging. You can't just have your PC fully formed and powered at the beginning of the game. If they want to do that, they might as well just come out with a book instead of a game. It might be an interesting read, but it wouldn't be an interesting game. I mean let's be logical here and look at how things should be to make it a good game instead of trying to fit in unrealistic plot items. Therefore, I say you will have a new PC and he/she will discover Revan's and Exile's story(s)/fate(s). That is the way they will resolve the storyline.

I see some of u want this game to be like a movie...like focusing on one character will be boring if you played all the way from kotor 1 as revan to kotor 3 still as revan(this an example). That why Lucasarts want to make this game more fun choosing one LAST different character and this will be over.....like the above poster said.

The trick is because it's a game you need a new pc and new npc's, but the same or similar environment, yet a new story.

The first was pretty inventive. The second I didn't like as much in terms of plot. I'm hoping the third will have the missing element, perhaps a huge fleet battle or something.

What character the pc and his npc's are will depend what plot is ultimately decided upon, with a little something special about the main character added to spice it up.

From a story-telling standpoint the Exile would be the best-point. You see right now, we know everything the Exile knows, no more no less. Revan (though I'd love to play as him again) wouldn't be a good choice since he already knows considerably more about the true Sith than we do (I think he should be an npc, but with his robes and mask on to coneal his identity). Playing as the Exile is just the more natural and proper way to proceed.

As for planets, I'd love to see a minimal of established Star Wars planets. We're heading into the Unknown Regions, the true running grounds of the Sith, it would be great to see some original planets, hell a trip to Dagobah would be great.

I agree with fresnosmokey02 on that. It is highly unlikely that we will be playing either Revan or the Exile. I think it would be cool if you would start out on your home planet and work your way toward the Jedi Temple on Coruscant and start your training. Eventually, you would have to look for Revan and The Exile.

Archived