Home

The fire is glowing gather round and give out all the sbbf2 juice!

Wardog1368

As summer comes to a close and school starts up. I decided to light a fire for us to cuddle around and tell swbf2 stories and information.

Thats right people it's time we start a forum for nothing but that info you have for the game come on post all you know about the game right here. That way maybe all the excitement we had last year will be brought back.

Wha??! SWBF2 is the sequal to star wars battlefront!? wow... thats kinda hard to believe.

As far as units go, each faction will get a new unit, called a "commander", The rebublic gets a clone commando with a chain gun and the Empire gets the imperial officer who is armed with a mortar launcher as well as a supply dispenser, the rebel and CIS commanders are unknown, but are probably the Bothan spy and somthing called a "tactical droid" which looks just like a normal battledroid, probably with speacial markings to tell it apart from other droids though.

Aside from that all the units and weapons should just be the same as last game. Exept for the pilot, it seems they are losing supply dispensers and there weird shotgun/mortar launcher/electric gun's and instead are only armed with pistols and explosives, and they will only be available on space maps, on ground maps they will be replaced by an "engineer" class, which is just like the pilot exept they have a type of shotgun instead of only a pistol.

Thats all I know about new units and weapons at any rate, most of it is taken from a gameplay trailer, none of it confirmed so things might still change before the release.

Well I have not seen any info on any new armies, but in an interview someone said somthing about a new style of play called "hunt mode" where you fight predator vs. prey, somthing was said about stormtroopers vs. ewoks.

This is just speculation but maybe it means you will be able to play as a native army or the prey, as well as one of the main factions or the predators.

Well I have not seen any info on any new armies, but in an interview someone said somthing about a new style of play called "hunt mode" where you fight predator vs. prey, somthing was said about stormtroopers vs. ewoks.

This is just speculation but maybe it means you will be able to play as a native army or the prey, as well as one of the main factions or the predators.

Wow that sounds awesome!!!! Will we be able to expect new maps to keep coming out? Also will the old maps be in the game? If so will they be improved?

SO does anyone know anything cool? About say the outer space stuff or if there will be squads like in bf2? I would love for the commander to have special orders to give out to a certain squad in swbf. Also the online stuff better be improved.

Any new game modes besides the one mentioned above?

Yeah, it's doubtful they will give commanders special orders, as for new game modes, well the ones I have heard about are Hunt, Capture the Flag, Defend, Assault and somthing called Tug of war. No information has been revealed about them yet, exept for the little comment about hunt mode, but most of them speak for themselves.

...Aside from that all the units and weapons should just be the same as last game. Exept for the pilot, it seems they are losing supply dispensers and there weird shotgun/mortar launcher/electric gun's and instead are only armed with pistols and explosives, and they will only be available on space maps, on ground maps they will be replaced by an "engineer" class, which is just like the pilot exept they have a type of shotgun instead of only a pistol...

:firemad::ball::cry8::Open2::violin::headbump:cry7::disaprove

I didn't know they were getting rid of the mortar launcher, electric gun, and supply dispensers :disaprove:. The Imperial Pilot is my favorite guy: shooting at people from out of sight, around walls/floors/ceilings, one-shot-one kill, and healing your self after a damaging kill:twogun:.

I have just been getting good at the electric gun too. Did you know that it archs to hit a few players at the same time! You can shoot directly *through* an enemy player and kill a player standing behind it!

I didn't know they were getting rid of the mortar launcher, electric gun, and supply dispensers :disaprove:.

They didn't, so calm yourself.

The Engineers have the old Pilot weapons, including the grenade launcher, shotgun, and electric gun, and the new Commander class has the Supply Dispenser.

Ahhhh. Great. So I didn't waste hours and hours getting good with the grenade launcher and electric gun. I figured I never see many humans playing them, so they are the least understood players in the game. I really think they are under used.

Well actually, yeah there might be a Tatooine map, because we saw Darth Maul there in the trailer. I thought it was probably just clips recycled from SWBF, but maybe not...

I believe the Mos Eisley map you see in SWBF is one of those maps who were "simplified" at the final release of the game... Maybe it will be restored in SWBF II ?

Archived