Home

Planets in KotOR III

starmark2k

This is like the Characters In KotOR III thread i started but with planets, What planets would you like to visit in KotOR III. Do you want planets from the previous KotOR, from the films, From the EU or a completly new world to visit. What could you do there (side quests) and why do yo want to see it. Also what planet do you not want to visit?

Personally i would like to actually go to coruscant and do things there like fight crime and visit the senate and the jedi temple. I also would like to visit the massassi tempkes on yavin 4.

This time round i do not want to go to Dantooine or Korriban, i think we have seen alll we can see there.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dantooine will be back for sure is my guess, I would like to see alderaan and yavin IV as well, IMO coruscant would be way too big to put into the game, and it there just wouldn't be alot there besides a bunch of buildings, which isn't that interesting.

I agree that it would be sweet to go to Coruscant maybe even start out at the jedi temple and train there for the first part of the game. Alderaan would be awesome to see I'd like to see Mon Calamari I think that the art design of Mon Cal and Alderaan if they made them would be just out of this world.

Since most likely we'll be going into "Unknown Regions", It would be cool if there was a certain planet that went by the Chaos Theory or parallel universe. For example, say a certain planet looks strangely familiar to Taris but different things happen then what really happened on Taris. Twileks rule the world and the Sith are slaves (lol, idk, i'm just spit balling really)

Aside from that, here are some planets I would like to see:

Corellia, Dantoine, Alderaan, Yavin 4 (especially with the native Massassi), and Kessel (good for racing, and just sounds cool from the SW Databank)

Just a few I'd like to see... though how they could fit into the storyline / timeline will be the Devs job... hehehe ;)

- Coruscant (we all have our reasons for this one) ;)

- Ilum (icy, cold world known for saber crystals)

- Myrkr (interesting little planet with a species of salamander that can render Force Powers useless, has a the creature called "vornskrs" that attacks Force Sensitives & plus home to alot of smuggling due to the 'metal' content trees making scanner use impossible).. would be a nice "challenge"

- Felucia (Fungal Planet... ie, Aalya's deathscene location)

- Mustafar (Outer Rim Planet, lava, aka Final Battle Scene between Obi & Ani/Vader)

- Raxus Prime (Outer Rim Planet, literally a "junk" planet.. great locale for Jawas without having to re-visit Tatooine)

- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr

- Corellia (Big Ships, open plains & the city of Coronet bustling with varied Alien species).. plus a known locale for "pirating" and could "connect" a possible smuggling mission between it and Myrkr

I forgot about corellia, that's be a pretty cool planet to add.

Origiannmlyt posted by Mira Donna:

I would LOVE to see Alderaan. We never get to see Alderaan, not even in the prequels or comics! I think its about time. . .

you do see a little bit of Alderaan at the very end of epIII when bail is delievering baby leia to his wife. And from that tiny glimpse at the surface of alderaan i can say that i definetly want to see Alderaan included in k3. it was freaking gorgeous. Tall cities near the peaks of snow capped mountians. I'd say that if alderaan were included in K3 it would rival "Unknown World" for most beautiful kotor location. I'd also really like to see corellia, mostly cause i want more smuggling missions, i think the atmosphere would be really cool (except that those tend to be dark in nature, which is a bummer, cause i usually play lightside) Hoth, or another ice world. probably more chance of seeing Ilum as the ice world tho because of saber crystals. I really have no desire to see Coruscant. we see enough of that planet in the prequels movies, in the games i want to go to places i haven't seen yet. besides, taris was enough like coruscant for me. Yavin 4 would be a good world for the climax because of all the darkside energy, plus the jungle and massasi temples would be really great to explore. Dxun's jungle just wasn't big enough for me tho, so yavin would have to be huge, so it doesnt feel so linear. However, considering where the story seemed to be heading at the end of K2, what i'm expecting is a bunch of planets i've never heard of, which doesnt excite me as much as the prospect of visiting planets i've heard of but never seen.

I as well am also over Korriban and Dantooine, especially cause those too planets didn't really excite me in the first two games either, and god i hope there is no return to Manaan planned, i can't stand that fishtalk. My favorite planets for K1 were Kashyyyk, Tatooine and Unknown World. Favorites for K2 were Dxun and Onderon

you do see a little bit of Alderaan at the very end of epIII when bail is delievering baby leia to his wife. And from that tiny glimpse at the surface of alderaan i can say that i definetly want to see Alderaan included in k3. it was freaking gorgeous. Tall cities near the peaks of snow capped mountians.

Come to think of it, I don't remember even noticing the background during that scene. But it sounds great though, deffinately must see Alderaan in K3.

I'd also really like to see corellia, mostly cause i want more smuggling missions, i think the atmosphere would be really cool

A lot of people have been mentioning that, the more I think about it the more I like the idea. And it sounds like it would be much more interesting than going to Coruscant, to me at least. I've had just about enough of it with all books, prequels, and comics. So long as we get to see some planets which we have never been to before then I'd be cool with that.

I as well am also over Korriban and Dantooine, especially cause those too planets didn't really excite me in the first two games either, and god i hope there is no return to Manaan planned, i can't stand that fishtalk.

If they do make another game, I can almost garuntee that dantooine will be included, and I hope to God that Manan stays the hell away from the next KotOR.

Yes to Aldeeaan, Correlia, Mustafar (lava is cool), Yavin 4 (jungle!), A Bespin clone, maybe an asteroid station. I want to see Telos again, check in on the reconstruction. How about the Czerka Corp homeworld (In the corporate sector i pressume). Coruscant and the senate chambers would be cool, as well as the seedy down below area seen in Ep. I. Kamino? Hoth? Dagobah? Naboo? How about Juhani's homeworld, or the mandalorian world?

Dantoine and Tatooine have been done to death. Especially Dantoine; I don't see how a world like Dantoine would remain a minor colony for much longer, given its apparant fecundity. It would seen become an agri-corp world, breadbasket for the likes of Coruscant. Unless maybe it has a badass winter...

Korriban has been done as well, unless we finally get to see the depths of the catacombs. How about a Hive world, like unto WH 40K. A giant city-spire miles high (doubling as an orbital elevator as well) with immense factories and foundries at its base, and an endless ash waste of devestation (and mutants!) stretching out as far as the eye can see.

just my 2 cents...

I think we should go to ALL of the planets we've seen in KotOR I and II plus a lot of new ones. I think we should be able to go to different parts of the planets we've already been to (like the jungle of Onderon instead of Iziz again). We should be able to go to more parts of the planets rather than just one city. My favorite planets from KotOR were Taris and Kashyyyk. My favorite planets from TSL were (well actually not planets but moons) were Nar Shadaa and Dxun.

I only really have two wishes in terms of planets:

1-They not reuse planets. What made TSL a bit disappointing and somewhat short was the fact both Dantooine and Korriban was reused. Not surprisingly those were my two least favorite planets in TSL.

2-Coruscant. It's the center of the galaxy and it would be a fitting end to the KOTOR series if the most famous and influential planet is in it.

Archived