Home

Planets in KotOR III

starmark2k

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion would be good to visit Dathomir because of Night Sisters, maybe their begins, though or just their bests,

As well good point is for Ossus, as i do remember from Dark Empire comics there have been lost Jedi temples and Libraries, maybe if they would show in KotOR III, they dont have to be lost ;)

But it's only my opinion >>;

-Irae

Yes it is

why else would the exile have activated the mass shadow generator on it

Because, the Exile and the Republic happened to be fighting the Mandalorians on that planet, and were losing. So they activated the MSG and just killed everyone in the area. And Malachor V was actually a taboo world to the Mandalorians, far from being the homeworld. It says so on the Malachor V loading screens.

i would like to say, when Luke Skywalker is on the Ossus in Dark Empire, when he finds hidden jedi library with books and some jedi stuff, in one of them he finds some pages about the battle meditation force, so i think its good point to add in KotOR 3, though

You have to take into account the point of the storyline for K3. If they continue the same storyline, and I would think that they would be stupid if they didn't, then you will be looking for one or more of three things (depending on your PC):

1. Revan

2. Exile

3. the Old Sith

Where would you find clues for these quests? Force sensitive worlds such as Dathomir, Yavin, Ossus, etc. and sith worlds and former sith worlds such as Yavin and Korriban. I would like to see the jedi temple on Coruscant as a starting point if there is a new PC.

I'd like to see some planets that were allready known but never seen like Iridonia (home planet of Bao-dur and :maul: ) or some of the planets in the Corellian system like Drall or Selonia or even Corellia. It is briefly in the JA game, but I'd like to see more than a storm and a hovertram . Maybe even some background about Centerpoint Station?

I would also like to see some planets outside of Republic space, like Csilla (Chiss homeworld) or Ziost (Sith Empire Capital during the time of Naga Sadow).

Finally I would like to see Nar Shadaa and Onderon/Dxun again, but certainly not Tatooïne, Dantooïne or Korriban yet again. Been there done, that give us some new cool Jedi or Sith "homeplanet" like Coruscant or Ossus for the Jedi and Ziost or Vjun for the Sith. (Darth Vader didn't built his personel fortress on Vjun because of the nice weather, did he?)

It would be hard to include Yavin 4 into the game storywise. The spirit of Exar Kun stil resides in the Massassi temples until he is destroyed by Luke Skywalkers Jedi students thousands of years later(Jedi Academy by K.J. Anderson). If his spirit is encountered he cannot be beaten, because we know he survives 4000 years later..

Just my 2 cents.

hey you know why i would like to see Ossus, nah although there lived jedis and placed there their libraries and stuff, but because there were begins of Battle Meditation ;)

and i think in K3 we can hang around that force a bit though :p

I don't really mind which planets they put in as long as there is a good balance between cities and other environments. If they add Coruscant, I hope they will take the time to make it feel like a big city with a lot of people otherwise, I don't want to see it. In TSL, Nar Shadaa was a big let down: it felt lifeless....especially when you compare it to Taris in K1. For other environments, I also want to be able to interact with other npcs and not see something like Korriban in TSL.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to see some rich new grounds explored, giving the feeling of an entire galaxy reminiscent of the Tales of the Jedi series.

We know Kuat was the shipyards the Imperial-class Star Destroyers were built, but well before then Kuat Drive Yards were Kuat Systems Engineering of the old Republic and built quite a number of Courier-class vessels and transports. This Core World is an inevitably primary target for any Sith invasionary force.

The red alien world of Nkllon might be an interesting visit for something different, who knows what kind of strange life forms are to be encountered there.

Ossus was the infamous home of the alien Jedi Master Thon and an ideallic paradise world ravaged by Sith War Droids during Freedon Nadd Uprising I think it was. A Jedi stronghold in the Outer Rim and difficult to navigate to because of the deadly gravitational forces of the Cron Drift.

Places like Bestine are key old Republic colonies amid alien regions and far from the safety of the Core fleets, just the kind of places Jedi may be dispatched to during local incursions and territorial struggles.

Obroa-Skai, Gala and Kegan were all worlds of old Republic. Ord Radama, like the other "Ords" was set up as munitions dumps for advance military outposts during the time of the Sith.

And the Sith worlds included Korriban of course we are aware was the burial grounds of the ancient Lords, Yavin IV a secret outpost built by Massassi slaves, Phindar is located as a natural staging world for military strikes against the Republic, Sith incursions may easily have stretched as far as Wayland, Gala, Toprawa, and Anzat. The many Sith factions controlled several systems during the heights of their various eras.

It was a time of frontiers, but also colonies and civilisations that had already spanned millenia. I'd like to see a bit of variety in it.

Archived