Home

Planets in KotOR III

starmark2k

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we need Korriban in there somewhere. Perhaps where the final duel takes place, seeing as it is strong with the Dark Side, making it seem like the right place for the duel to take place. Erm... perhaps an early look at Nabbo, getting to see what it looked like a few thousand years before the films. Also, as some people have said, Taris - the rebuilding phase, like Telos was in KOTOR II. And lastly a new planet, seeing as they like to add new planets into games.

Telos restoration zones!!! maybe catch up again with bao durr, and hava better look around! maybe visit an abondoned polar academy as well

Naboo - the captial city thieves (sp) see what it looks like 4000 years before episode 1, enjoyed the PM game as thieves looked awesome!

we all want courscant, even tho im not actually a big fan of the city i want to be able to go to the 'room with a 1000 fountains has run dry.... etc' that kreia refers to in TSL an see whatever it was that predates the jedi temple (the jedi have always owned that land, but donno if the temple was there in its form shown in the films

ilum for the lightsaber crystals an a look around or ossus to see the ruined planet see if you can find any jedi stuff

alderaan or yavin 4 (surface, tho a trip to visit a now abandoned space station with a few cool odds and ends to salvage would be cool

gotta hav korriban in there, but be able to explore more of it!

I'd like to see completely new plantes, planets that weren't in any of the movies, or games, except, of course, Coruscant. That's a must.

What you kidding me? There's like a thousand planets in SW, most of them are simply referenced in books and such. Last thing we need are completely new planets. I mean this gives you a fair idea of just how many there are.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_planets

No, the last thing we need is a sequel where all you do is revisit worlds you've already seen. Revisit one or two, that's fine, but the rest have to be new and preferably not from the movies. (I've seen all of Tatooine and Dantooine I can stand and I can't stand no more).

I think the Twi'Lek homeworld would be interesting to see, or maybe Mon Calamari.

• 1 month later...

Of course, Coruscant. You should be able to migle with the politics of the Republic, e.g. persuading, bribing, extorting, supporting, , etc. Also, swing by Telos again. Oh yeah, unless you are there for 2 seconds, drop Korriban. It was great in KOTOR 1, is sucked in 2.

They should also have tons of planets. You should only have to go to a certain amount, making the replay value of the game high.

Mostly, Coruscant, they've been putting that off for a while. It's probably because it has soooo many opurtunities, they programmers dont want to bother

• 1 month later...

Personally I'd like to see the following:

Ziost: From what I understand, it's practically right next door to Korriban and may even be considered its sister planet. It's pretty important because the Sith species existed there as well as on Korriban (I'm guessing some of them were transferred there by their Rakatan slavers during the days of the Infinite Empire, since the Sith were far too primitive, even in 7,000 BBY, to have known of space travel on their own). It was also where the capital of their kingdom was moved for a time, and from where the Sith king ruled. It should deffinately play a part in the KOTOR saga.

Coruscant: This is a no-brainer. Capital of the Republic and home of the Jedi. There should deffinately be a part of the game where the player traverses the Jedi Temple.

Yavin IV: The place where Exar Kun raised his army of Massassi warriors, died, and returned 4,000 years later to terrorize the New Jedi. Also the future base for the Rebel Alliance home to the New Jedi Order. We may battle some of the leftover Massassi from days past.

Tython: Birthplace of the Jedi Order. Perhaps some ancient ruins may shed some light on the Order's enigmatic origins. It was a place where the Force Wars were waged between various religions and philosophies, out of which the Jedi were born; so it's probably extremely high in Force activity, both light and dark. This world was also cleansed of Tarrentaktics during the Great Hunt. Perhaps there are still a few lurking in the shadows?

Ossus: Home to the Jedi Order for many, many millenia. Right up until just before the games, no less. There's deffinately got to be something important to be uncovered there.

Corbos: The world on which the Dark Jedi were defeated before being exiled to the Outer Rim, where they came upon Korriban and Ziost and their native species: the Sith. Deffinately important.

Various Outer Rim Worlds: Home to the mysterious "true Sith."

Chainz has chained my thread.

After thinking about what Planets should be in the game, I thought of my list.

Coruscant: As many have already said, the place to learn the ways of the Force, become a Jedi, etc. This could also be like the Taris/Peragus Training opening level after the Prologue.

Alderaan: This Planets needs to be seen. Our only chance to see it was in ROTS, near the end. Perhaps it could be like the Dxun of KOTOR III.

Yavin IV: Though I like Korriban, Yavin IV could be the replacement for the tombs, etc. Also, perhaps an old friend from KOTOR could meet you there...

Mygeeto: Other than ROTS and Battlefront II, this Planet wasn't seen much. I like the Planet and it could have potential as the snowy Planet, instead of the Polar Regions on Telos and Hoth. Mygeeto could also be a Republic base.

Sleheyron: A cut Planet from KOTOR. It needs to be seen, other than severa screenshots, etc. However the lava Planet could be Mustafar, but I'd rather see Sleheyron, because I doubt Mustafar would be much, without the Droid factory.

Unknown Regions: To find the True Sith and perhaps these could be the final Planets of the game.

Here's my latest list:

Coruscant: As it has been said over and over already, this is a must.

Csilla: I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to see the Chiss homeworld.

Myrkr: Ysalamiri and all that.

Muunilist: Could be an interesting world.

Ryloth: Twi'Leks, what more need be said? :naughty:

Ithor: Yup, the flying herdship cities would be a very spectacular sight.

Mon Calamari: A watery world and it's not Manaan (which everybody hates for some strange reason)

The homeworld/headquarters of the True Sith: a planet located either deep in the Unknown Regions, or somewhere at the very edge of the galaxy.

Coruscant: Clearly a must

Alderaan: Like the man said - it's about time

Myrkr: Wonderful twist in a jedi game

Sleheyron: Cut from one game, mentioned in the other. To be seen!

Khar Delba/Khar Shian: Private world of Naga Sadow, complete with secret moon

Rhelg: Private world of Ludo Kressh

Ziost: Throneworld of the Sith Empire. Read: No-brainer

How about Corusant ONLY IF it is an actual city/planet rather than a 10 things to do Taris like in KI. ;) I'd like to see bounty hunter missions, bounty hunters for hire as followers (some very powerful but expensive). How about custom return here to get paid from different organizations like the Exchange, Cerka, etc. for doing custom quests? A rogue Jedi here or there to either contend with or based on your alliance purchase their loyality as followers. Custom shops with a wide variety of items. How about a senate house you can visit to listen to debates on your events in the galaxy.

Assignment of day/night settings to vary player effects/powers/combat etc based on their stats. (It's NEVER night in Star Wars Land) ;)

An actual house or home base other than the Ebon Hawk for storage and the like. Ability to leave followers for as long as you like "at home" without any ramifications.

I agree Alderaan should be a given as it's a CORE planet as core as you get with the galaxy revolving around the people it produces or the planet itself.

Sleheyron is another Tattoonie knockoff that they won't do just because of that; global appeal. ;)

Private worlds like Rhelg would appeal to a few but general SW fans would be like "where the heck is that?"

I think if the plot keeps with what it "hints" at, it will be a Sith Empire from outside the known rim where the Sith Lords escaped too when the original Sith planet was overthrown or the like.

I really think they should rehash ALL of the worlds encountered in KOTOR 1 & 2 plus add at least 6 more for the new core content of the game. Unique ones like Jediphile and others mentioned like Alderaan and the like.

Stretch off to custom oddball planets with vague references or the like and your in trouble. Thats why in the end they'll only go for core worlds that are very well known like Mon Calimari that are fundamental to the SW universe. Or thats my 2 cents anywho. ;)

Here's my latest list:

Coruscant: As it has been said over and over already, this is a must.

Csilla: I know this is a long shot, but I'd really like to see the Chiss homeworld.

Myrkr: Ysalamiri and all that.

Muunilist: Could be an interesting world.

Ryloth: Twi'Leks, what more need be said? :naughty:

Ithor: Yup, the flying herdship cities would be a very spectacular sight.

Mon Calamari: A watery world and it's not Manaan (which everybody hates for some strange reason)

The homeworld/headquarters of the True Sith: a planet located either deep in the Unknown Regions, or somewhere at the very edge of the galaxy.

Add Ithor to that list and you got Kotor 3 brotha!

yeh thats what i meant, there's nothing there except ruins, and frankly, im sick to death of ruins. Korriban twice, dantooine enclave ruins, etc etc, lets have some planets with life please. The best planets in the previous games imo are the ones that ARENT dead. Hey, i just thought of a new thread.

I'd prefer to chart out NEW territory (ie no repeat planets). However, whether alien or human, I'd like those worlds to be better fleshed out than the half hearted efforts in TSL. Eight to ten planets/destinations would be fine, but I'd want to see a lot of options for sidestories/quests. Better to have a lot to do than not. If that means they need to wait till late '07/08 to release it, doesn't bother me. If it's really good or great, than it'll be worth the wait.

i totally agree, dantooine and Korriban AGAIN? there wasn't even much to see on korriban the first time, and even then they cut them both in half! Pure laziness. And this isnt the case with just the planets either, there were almost NO new models for armour or weapons, just new names and reskins of the old ones. The only new stuff was the robes.

Edit: ryloth is all underground, which i think would be kinda boring, but you never know, could work

You know, I think making planets list is okay but I really think it should just fit in a story. Kotor III allready needs quiet a bit of variables considering Revan / the Exile, their alignments and their companions. If you add to that a lot of planets you want to visit, it may be very difficult if not impossible to build a good story.

So far, I am building a story myself and I have the following planets:

1) Coruscant

2) Ord Mantell

3) Xin (a planet in the unknown regions in true sith space).

Don't worry, a lot more come up but this is it for now.

Archived