Home

This would be an incredibly awesome senario

Keige

Sorry I can't spell senario (unless its spelled right :) )

Level: Utapu (obi vs grievous planet)

Factions: Clones (you) vs CIS

You're playing as Obi-Wan the whole fight (because this is going to be different from a normal battle) and you and the clones kill all of the CIS. And because you never loose your hero, you loose almost no clones at all. Now everything's going great. Then you see a cutscene of Obi-Wan killing Grivous (movie footage, of course). Then... ORDER 66!

Now, because of how good you played, you have nearly 200 clone troopers trying to kill you! You desperatly run around the battlefield finding cover. Eventually you kill enough of them to make the level end.

That would be amazing! First fighting the droids, then the clones! But this isn't the Episode 3 game so it probably won't happen.

Well, a mode where you're invincible all the way though is interesting for about a minute before you realise no skill is required to win.

Personally, playing UT2004's assault maps, I begin to wander if Epic should have helped with map design. Anyone ever played the level with the Skarjj mothership?

...Personally, playing UT2004's assault maps, I begin to wander if Epic should have helped with map design. Anyone ever played the level with the Skarjj mothership?

I've played the Skarjj mothership. About three days ago too. I'm not understanding the point you are trying to make here.

Easy, in battlefront, you're most likely going to fly in craft, or fight on land, capture command posts etc etc. In the mothership, you HAVE to destroy the mothership by taking out key sections, while defenders would have to protect them. No faffing around with reinforcements or posts.

You get objectives for each side, mission accomplished if one team manages to suceed in the mission, rather than waiting for the ticker to count to 0 and losing them 2-a-second yourself because your AI mates can't guard 3 command posts at once. Okay, BF2 does have missions, but don't you agree that "Destroy the Star Destroyer" as a mission done in the style of 'Mothership' would be the coolest level ever?

You could play as a rouge clone that was slightly messed up during the cloning process. The clone thinks more about right and wrong than just following orders and decides to help the jedi get off the planet.

All defective clones were reconditioned before allowing them on there own. It is impossible that a clone could "go rogue" (unless they were an ARC Trooper, which were not active at the end of the Clone Wars).

...Okay, BF2 does have missions, but don't you agree that "Destroy the Star Destroyer" as a mission done in the style of 'Mothership' would be the coolest level ever?

Yes, I wish SWBF had more types of play rather than just capture the CPs or kill everyone. On Endor, for example, the level should end when the shield generator is destroyed. That was the rebel's mission, destroy the Death Star's shields. It shouldn't matter if all the rebels on the planet die as long as the shield is taken out.

All defective clones were reconditioned before allowing them on there own. It is impossible that a clone could "go rogue" (unless they were an ARC Trooper, which were not active at the end of the Clone Wars).

If I remember well, the rate of reconditioning was 7 for 200 produced clones... Splendid !... :D

Destroy a Star Destroyer ? If you're enough patient to cross one kilometer, from propulsion systems to gunners' posts, yes, it would be nice... :p

Heck. That'd be cool. Now that is what I call a battle. Anyway, the Geonosis level is about that big. Anyway, you wouldn't need to cross the whole interior, just key sections like shield control, or the bridge, or maybe even the brig if you're rescuing a commander.

Destroy a Star Destroyer ? If you're enough patient to cross one kilometer, from propulsion systems to gunners' posts, yes, it would be nice... :p

You don't need to walk all the way. They could put in some sort of elevator liked they used in episode 4.

They only need two or three different floors in the Death Star with the elevators being the only way to move between them. All the other doorways or elevator buttons can be shown as damaged and thus inpassable. This would give an illusion that the Death Star map is a complete map.

It [the elevator] would be a great place to toss a gernade in as the door closes...

You're playing as Obi-Wan the whole fight (because this is going to be different from a normal battle) and you and the clones kill all of the CIS. And because you never loose your hero, you loose almost no clones at all.

I disagree with you here. Jedi/Sith should not be playable throughout the entire match without them worrying about losing control. I have no major gripes with what they're planning to do, though I'd prefer it if the Jedi/Sith then just reverted to AI (though in this case, he could get on that creature and chase Grevious). You could just sit in the middle of their forces without a care in the world under your system. To use one effectively, you should have to use skill.

Then you see a cutscene of Obi-Wan killing Grivous (movie footage, of course). Then... ORDER 66! Now, because of how good you played, you have nearly 200 clone troopers trying to kill you!

No real problem here. If a player has done well enough to stay on the battlefield and survive, then they deserve to be pwnd like this. It'd be great fun for everyone (I hope), with shots flying everywhere. Maybe give Obi-Wan the objective to get to the iguana thingy, so he can get taken down properly...

You could play as a rouge clone that was slightly messed up during the cloning process. The clone thinks more about right and wrong than just following orders and decides to help the jedi get off the planet.

Major disagree here. The Clones were perfectly loyal to the Republic, with their ultimate allegiance to the Supreme Chancellor. Even the ARCs had this loyalty, despite their impulsiveness. They were genetically modified to be loyal, and their loyalties were bred towards the Republic. The Jedi were just field generals. not real leaders.

[...]The Jedi were just field generals. not real leaders.

Yes and no... Jedi directed Clones in "the right direction" and made main decisions. (That was their main usefulness)

But Kaminoans thought there weren't enough Jedi to lead all their "creations", and decided to launch the generation of brand-new units : The ARC troopers. Thus, Jedi became less useful...

Sorry for correcting, but I just think misspelling the word "Rogue" is fairly irritating. :tsk:

Archived