Home

when will it stop

rhinomatt

I don't think it would suck after the third one, theres so much story potential in this saga.

But I still think they will stop after 3.

I think "KOTOR" will stop after the third one.

But I think (or hope) they'll make more SW RPG. But it might be under a different title than KOTOR.

After the third one, they should make prequals. About the Mandalorian wars, just like how the clone wars were.

This, I think, wouldn't work because everything before KotOR is already written. The cool part about KotOR is that you get to choose how the story goes, and if there were prequals, you wouldn't be able to do that.

i think this particular kotor story needs to end after three. i hope there are more kotor games, because they are very fun to play, but i want the story that started In K1 and was continued in K2, the story of Revan and the Exile, to end at K3. If they try to draw this story out any longer than that it will be too long. Besides, star wars comes in sets of three.

I like the Kotor series, but it will be time to stop after Kotor 3.

I'd like to have another game like kotor but with a new story, possibly halfway between kotor and the star wars movies...

Featuring a reformed republic under attack, who knows, only time will tell...

yes, after the end of the current KOTOR trilogy, it will be time for a new one. How about KOTNR: Knights of the New Republic?

Honestly I wouldn't mind something like that happening after they finish off the KotOR series, good idea.

yes, after the end of the current KOTOR trilogy, it will be time for a new one. How about KOTNR: Knights of the New Republic?

Certainly what I want to see. And for the one who commented about the YV, well, there's plenty of stuff a KotNR could do, without ever having to see a single one of them. :)

About the KoTNR idea:

If they do decide to make games in that era, I hope that they'll place it atleast 100 or more years after the NJO books. That way we won't be running in to Luke Skywalker and his family, and we won't have to worry about continuity issues. Also, it allows the story writer complete freedom to craft his own story. That's always been the beauty behind the KOTOR series. It's far enough before the movies that the writers could come up with almost anything they wanted to without worrying "how does this fit with what we saw in the movies".

About the KoTNR idea:

If they do decide to make games in that era, I hope that they'll place it atleast 100 or more years after the NJO books. That way we won't be running in to Luke Skywalker and his family, and we won't have to worry about continuity issues. Also, it allows the story writer complete freedom to craft his own story. That's always been the beauty behind the KOTOR series. It's far enough before the movies that the writers could come up with almost anything they wanted to without worrying "how does this fit with what we saw in the movies".

The only problem with that is that there is no continuity at all in place for that timeframe, which is something that would be hard to flesh out as far and Lucasarts is concerned. Then all the books, etc. that cover that era in the future would have to tie into it, and I'm not sure they want to have to make those decisions right now. The nice thing about the KOTOR era is that there was already established lore for that time period to build on, but not enough to limit the game story choices too much.

Plus, having lots of Sith in the NR era (or 100+ years thereafter) is impossible since they have been destroyed. So who would the bad guys be? The Empire is gone by then. One big reason why KOTOR works is that everything is familiar and has links to the films. A 100 year later game wouldn't have that as much...

I think that the reasons why thousands of years before the Empire is the best timeframe are still true, especially if the Jedi are going to be the focal point (which is what the majority wants). Not to say that I would be against RPGs in other eras, but they would be limited story-wise. I think the second best option would be the Imperial era, and have non-Jedi characters. That would never happen though...

Archived