Home

Intreface,menu and setup

zippydsm

I would start ranting over the engine but I will stop myself :p

I played KOTOR2 some I hate the inerface everythign is on the left << if thier goign to use the basic KOTOR interface menu make it where you can chose left or right.

I dont know why the computer menu interface on KOTOR2 looks so horried I hope 3 at least looks as good as 1.

KOTOR2 has plenty of extras I just hate the interface its reversed and bugs the heck out of me *L*

I guess the only thing left is the engine the game needs to be optimized and run flawless on the top 2 video card brands (ATI/ NINVIDA)

Data pads need thier owen area I think the quest log could be upgraded to hold data pad info to.

Heck just for easy of finding Weapons(melee and ranged),Armor(includeing shields,guntlets,visors),grenades/mines, need to have thier owen to

Neeed to play KOTOR 2 more then if I can get over the dizzying effeect the reversed equip menus and such 0-o

man my brain dose not like it 0-o

Dude, sure it was confusing at first but after a while, you get used to it.

No game has the exact same interface, don't tell me you get confused all the time from playing different games with different interfaces.

I think the interface of KotOR 2 was alright, only the "Effects" on your character were too hidden imo. It all depends on how much new stuff KotOR III will include, if these will have to be accessed directly and in that way affect the interface, so it's kinda early to speculate.

i think the only thing i missed from K1's interface was how on the character info screen on the light/dark bar it would have little icons for what stims and spells you had at the time, which was pretty helpful when casting multiple buff spells at once that all last different durations of time. if this was somewhere in K2 i never found it. Other than that tho, i liked K2's menu system best, especially being able to view your inventory, shops' inventories and the workbench in subcatagories like armor and weapons.

Ok the reverved interface on KOTOR2 drives me nuts its ok but sicne I have put a couple weeks into KOTOR my mind is rather set on one way I can use KOTOR 2s interface but it gives me a headache 0-o has to with the wireing in my haed damn learning disabilties *L*

But it would be nicer if was on the KOTOR 1 side *L*

City of heros has a intresting Charatcer (model tweaking) setup altho thier basic charatcer looks to buff << but oh well it would be intresting if for KOTOR3 you could create your 3d persona (face,eye,hair,colors,body preportions,ect,ect)the way you want and then make his clothing from a bunch of persets clothing and mabye reg force robes

I want to paly COV to bad they downgraded COH to the point where it is not as fun to paly......I least want to paly COV once grrr no Ccard anymore....I will get Dungeon Seige to if I have to annoying some retalier to death to get it :p I onyl have paypal boohoo

I want to be able to custimize my character more, as much as I enjoyed the faces that they had, I want to custimize their clothing and such, stuff like that.
You kind of can, can't you? I mean, there are billions of options in KOTOR...

I think the only thing i missed from K1's interface was how, on the character info screen on the light/dark bar, it would have little icons for what stims and spells you had at the time. Which was pretty helpful when casting multiple buff spells at once that all last different durations of time.

If this was somewhere in K2 i never found it.

Journal Screen --> Messages Log Button --> Effects "tab" up in the heading.

This will take you to a screen with a complete readout (with text) of the Good and Bad effects applied to a character. MUCH better than the KotOR1 variant where you had to guess what those little icons meant, IMHO. :)

Just a shame it's buried so deep in the interface. They should have left the Messages screen as its own section like it was in KotOR1, rather than hide it away as a sub-section of the Journal.

Here's an idea:

No more, start-up screen which shows the bad guys. That's just lame and stupid.

ok in kotor 1 you had malak on the start up screen wich was fine but what i like about kotor2 was that the sith lord changed depending on your progress in the game i do hope they do the same in kotor 3 and even have it so that once you've completed the game you can choose wich ingame character you have on the start up menu

Archived